The TV Thread

On 23/02/2023 at 18:25, graveyard johnny said:

am getting sick of that programme " THE NEWS"  its nothing but putin - strikes - covid- illegal migrants- fuel/ food shortages - the cost of living - etc etc - why not feature some good news like my auntie Maureen finding a tenner in a handbag she hasn't used since our dereks wedding - cmon news reporters- lighten up a bit 

I rarely watch it . Do they not do that funny news story bit at the end now ? You know like the talking dog or the man who went on a bus trip to Rome and ended up being made Pope ?

Even if you haven't got Sky, you can watch the Women Who Rock series on Sky Arts on Freeview. It's brilliant.

Mavis Staples is 83, going on forty.

Chaka Khan was hooked on drugs for a few years, then went alcoholic and overweight. At 69, she looks fantastic and still kicks ass.

Nona Hendryx was always a bit scary, but it turns out she is a really nice person.

Footage of Janis Joplin, Sister Rosetta and Mahalia Jackson.

Susanna Hoffs is still pretty.

What's not to like?😃

Next week, it's the 1970's.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

6 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Best Space Horror film ever made just started on C4 

Also get to see Sigourney Weaver in her underclothes 😁

I don't remember much horror in Galaxy Quest. :kolobok_wink:

• Haha 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

5 hours ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Saw the episode 1 of the new series of the Mandalorian.

A bit Marvel comics for me.

Not sure if the rest of the series will be the same.

After Andor, it had a very high bar, and missed quite a way.  

• Like 1

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Unfortunately, I watched the latest Elvis film on Sky (sadly, for once they cut-out ads). What a mess of a film on speed - the use of hip hop ‘music’ early on and a story/music all over the place both historically and in direction by Baz Luhrmann!  Austin Butler is quite good as Elvis and a prosthetic Tom Hanks as Colonel Parker should have known better.  
Watched it through more in hope….

The 1979 Kurt Russell film is better, imo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, glemiln said:

Unfortunately, I watched the latest Elvis film on Sky (sadly, for once they cut-out ads). What a mess of a film on speed - the use of hip hop ‘music’ early on and a story/music all over the place both historically and in direction by Baz Luhrmann!  Austin Butler is quite good as Elvis and a prosthetic Tom Hanks as Colonel Parker should have known better.  

You watched a Baz Luhrman flick and expected a dead-straight historical account without anachronisms and other playful nonsense?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

22 minutes ago, DavidM said:

I’m very much enjoying the final series of Endeavour

I thought the last few series have been poor. But now they have returned to the Blenheim Vale conspiracy it's a must watch.

I think they missed a trick by not doing more episodes on this subject personally.

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

21 minutes ago, jacksy said:

I thought the last few series have been poor. But now they have returned to the Blenheim Vale conspiracy it's a must watch.

I think they missed a trick by not doing more episodes on this subject personally.

Totally agree , some episodes were weak or almost parodies . These two have been very strong . I rewatch the earlier series and they’re particularly  good to.

• Like 1

I have just finished watching “Betrayed : Surviving An American Concentration Came” on PBS.  It was horrendous how Japanese Americans were treated during WWII in the land of the free. A very sad documentary but well worth a watch. 

• Like 1

Former RL player Gareth Thomas on this week's 'House of Games' is completely barking. :kolobok_biggrin:

• Like 2

Ralph Waldo Emerson

22 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Former RL player Gareth Thomas on this week's 'House of Games' is completely barking. :kolobok_biggrin:

i would substitute the word barking for annoying 

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

On 07/03/2023 at 12:05, glemiln said:

that pink suit he was wearing when he was still a truck driver! really? I DONT THINK SO 

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

Just about nails it (well absolutely) 

• Haha 1

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

If you're a trekkie 

Season 3 of Picard has been great so far.

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.