The TV Thread

I really liked Fleabag.  

• Confused 1

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

7 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

I really liked Fleabag.  

I couldn't get the fact that it was a posho programme beloved by posho media writers. My issue, I know. But it's meant I've swerved it.

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 minute ago, gingerjon said:

I couldn't get the fact that it was a posho programme beloved by posho media writers. My issue, I know. But it's meant I've swerved it.

She is very posho.  

But it is a good show, second series especially.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

14 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

She is very posho.  

I may overcome. But I need to be past all the gush around it.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

3 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

Thank goodness Fleabag is over, I really couldn't get into that, however Killing Eve is very good, as is POSE on BBC2 tonight, box sets are available on BBC iPlayer.

The new series of 'Killing Eve' is due in late May for UK viewers. It has a lot to live up to, especially as this follow-up has a new writer.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

25 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

The new series of 'Killing Eve' is due in late May for UK viewers. It has a lot to live up to, especially as this follow-up has a new writer.

I thought season 3 would have a new writer?

15 hours ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

She is very posho.  

I hated the second series. The vicar did my swede in.

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

fleabag is written by middle class luvvies for middle class luvvies to pat each other on the back for being "clever" unbearable modern tripe at best , clever is pemberton and sheersmith not this garbage

• Like 2

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

On 02/04/2019 at 22:29, Spidey said:

Think I watched this late night on Channel 4 in the late nineties. Weird is one word for it ?

it was APPLESEED that got me into this in the 90s these are some of the best out there the graphics are stunning.

Through the fish-eyed lens of tear stained eyes
I can barely define the shape of this moment in time(roger waters)

On 03/04/2019 at 07:25, gingerjon said:

Thanks for all that.

Death Note was on Netflix but I think it's been taken off now. They have the first two (of five) of a Ghost in the Shell series, plus the  recent movie (which I believe I should avoid).

I'll see what else I can locate.

Over the last week or so I've watched an anime on Netflix called Your Lie in April. A lovely and moving series even if I'm perhaps too jaded to have been surprised by any of the surprises. Just because you know you're about to be kicked in the nuts doesn't mean it hurts any less. So, yes, that get's my vote as a series you should watch, even if occasionally it tries to sabotage itself in the serious bits.

• Like 1

The latest David Attenborough series is on Netflix instead of the BBC. Still rammed to the gunwales full of stunning footage, though.

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

4 minutes ago, Dave T said:

New Game of Thrones opener was excellent. Had to wake up a bit early so we could watch it before heading to work! ? 

I recorded it on the works Sky box and watched it before everyone came in.  Had to get ahead of the spoilers!

50 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

I recorded it on the works Sky box and watched it before everyone came in.  Had to get ahead of the spoilers!

yup, it would have been a nightmare today if I hadn't watched it in advance. Seen some criticism of the show, but I enjoyed it, although I understand the concern that this was episode 1 of only 6 this series so may have wanted more progress.

21 minutes ago, Dave T said:

yup, it would have been a nightmare today if I hadn't watched it in advance. Seen some criticism of the show, but I enjoyed it, although I understand the concern that this was episode 1 of only 6 this series so may have wanted more progress.

They had to tie the threads to set everything up.  Does leave a lot to do in 5 episodes though, even if 3 or 4 of them are 80 mins long.  

2 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

They had to tie the threads to set everything up.  Does leave a lot to do in 5 episodes though, even if 3 or 4 of them are 80 mins long.  

I agree, I found some of the tidying up really helpful, even if at times it did feel a bit like a Greatest Hits tour, with all your favourites lined up together.

It will be interesting to see how this goes, as I do agree with an article I read that a lot of what has made it popular has gone to one side somewhat now for the grand battles, and tbh I find that a bit boring. The politics and backstabbing are the real points of interest. 

I am finding the rise of the female roles fascinating in this. 

Daenerys, Cersei, Sansa and Arya are far better characters than most of the men, and it is interesting that they could be the ones ruling the world rather than the men that were in place in Series 1. Although this boring obsession with Jon Snow is extremely tiresome, hopefully a Dragon eats him.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Dave T said:

New Game of Thrones opener was excellent. Had to wake up a bit early so we could watch it before heading to work! ? 

It started ... and then in a flash it finished ! That’s always a sign of quality telly . Must say I thought it would be longer after hearing the episodes would be feature length . I hope some of the rest are or it may be rushed through . I can’t believe how they don’t fall of those dragons , must have trained on them for ages 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, mickhornet said:

Line of duty, what a load of rubbish.Stopped watching it.

You’re ‘ aving a laugh ! It’s unbelievably gripping . That and Game of Thrones on at the same time is telly from the gods . And I don’t mind a bit of Victoria either !

• Like 1

On 14/04/2019 at 22:23, silverback said:

outer limits

voyage to bottom of the sea.

avengers.

on the bus's.

fawlty towers.

Time Tunnel

Land of the Giants

The Invaders

This is a Quinn Martin Production

Goodnight

• Like 1

Learn to listen without distortion and learn to look without imagination.

15 hours ago, DavidM said:

You’re ‘ aving a laugh ! It’s unbelievably gripping . That and Game of Thrones on at the same time is telly from the gods . And I don’t mind a bit of Victoria either !

Am I the only one that spotted the nod to "The Professionals" in Sunday''s Line of Duty? 

some say this series of alan partridge hasn't been very good but it has had its moments and i have been laughing at this interview for about three weeks.

Through the fish-eyed lens of tear stained eyes
I can barely define the shape of this moment in time(roger waters)

Enjoyed that GoT tonight.  

Stumbled upon a new series of 'The Tick' on Amazon last night. That's most of today wasted, then.

Edited by Futtocks

Ralph Waldo Emerson