The TV Thread

Shown today on Talking Pictures TV, James Mason mooches round London, smoothly voicing over the odd, the ordinary, the funny and the sad. Very much worth a watch.

"We are easily breakable, by illness or falling, or a million other ways of leaving this earthly life. We are just so much mashed potato."  Don Estelle

BBC2 - a wonderful hour-long tribute to Raymond Briggs has just finished (fire up the iPlayer!), to be followed by 'Ethel & Ernest'.

• Like 1

"We are easily breakable, by illness or falling, or a million other ways of leaving this earthly life. We are just so much mashed potato."  Don Estelle

1 hour ago, Futtocks said:

BBC2 - a wonderful hour-long tribute to Raymond Briggs has just finished (fire up the iPlayer!), to be followed by 'Ethel & Ernest'.

I only caught the second half of the tribute and the other Geese wanted to watch something else so couldn't watch Ethel & Ernest despite the other Geese having never seen it before and my insistence it's one of the greatest animations ever. Gonna be an emotional night of iplayer watching for me.

RIP Raymond, enjoy walking in the air forever more! 😢

On 07/08/2022 at 22:15, Bedford Roughyed said:

Started watching the Sandman on Netflix.  Never read the comic but its good so far.  

We watched episode 5 during the week, episode called 24/7. Properly good telly. Thoroughly enjoying it and we'll probably finish the rest this weekend.

• Like 1

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

On 12/08/2022 at 13:24, ckn said:

We watched episode 5 during the week, episode called 24/7. Properly good telly. Thoroughly enjoying it and we'll probably finish the rest this weekend.

Episode 6, The Sound of Her Wings. 

Exceptional. Beyond exceptional.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

BBCs latest drama MARRIAGE any one who has recorded it delete it immediately . Nicola Walker , Sean Bean ,James Bolam...........looks good on paper , but it was the most mind numbingly boring hour i`ve spent for ages .