The TV Thread

9 minutes ago, Shadow said:

Can you explain what's happening please?

I love it but by jiminy it's confusing.

Have you seen this week's one? A massive episode with lots of content that explains so much.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

3 minutes ago, ckn said:

Have you seen this week's one? A massive episode with lots of content that explains so much.

Yes,  I can't see how they come back from it, but I trust the writers to not disappoint in the finale.

• Thanks 1

Stuck with Season 2 of Picard, and it's a bit 'meh'.  I enjoys the first season, but this just feels like an overlong episode spread too thin.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Gave Ten Percent a go (I haven't seen the French programme it's based on).  Was OK, nothing really great.  One character doesn't seem to fit in (no spoilers), but it's like he's in a different programme.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

The King on Sky is brilliant. Violent but compelling. Would have preferred it to be dubbed rather than subtitled but still worth watching.

Also, Mr Inbetween on Disney+ is very good. It is an extension of the movie The Magician based on the assassin Ray Shoesmith character. Typical Aussie humour, politically incorrect, dark at times and sometimes very poignant.

Edited by Derwent

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

On 27/04/2022 at 22:31, hindle xiii said:

Yes, Inside No. 9, yes.

I really enjoyed that one.

which one? the 2 new ones have seemed poor to me unless i am missing something ?

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

Life After Life

seems okay though narration as explanation always feels wrong, a bit like Gentleman Jack talking to the camera interupting the point .... the suspension of disbelief.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

9 minutes ago, hindle xiii said:

The boat episode was boring.

The school episode was good.

will watch that one again but it just seemed to start and end in a weird welsh school and that was it?

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

The Pluto TV app has a whole category of “B Movies”. You may not see me for a while. 

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

The Kids in the Hall return is due on Amazon. Here's an interview.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Finished Moon Knight. Very enjoyable ending. Felt a bit rushed, but still satisfying.

I noticed the new series of The Blacklist was on and I shrugged as we ignored series 8 because that one annoying character was spoiling it with a mixture of awful acting and awful scripting of her character. 

Series 9, I noticed, didn’t have her in it. We watched the last two of 8 to see what happened. Were very happy with the outcome and rapidly went into the new series 9 with optimism. And it was good having the focus slowly crowbarred away from that old bilge of that character’s storyline. 

Well, this would bring a tear of mirth to a glass eye! :kolobok_biggrin: 

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, Futtocks said:

Well, this would bring a tear of mirth to a glass eye! :kolobok_biggrin: 

It’s rather bizarre because it’s basically the radio station with a couple of tv(ish) programmes in the evening . The couple of hours of tv seem to have their own correspondents and reporters ( talk tv political editor etc ) which seems strange for so little time , and the radio bit has its own correspondents . Its all a bit weird . On the programmes , Tom Newton Dunn is as wooden as Sherwood Forest so Morgan has a point , but Morgan himself is so irritating it’s a sort of double whammy in being a turn off 

I didn't know I needed a Kids in the Hall reunion series but it turns out that I did need a Kids in the Hall reunion series.

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

11 hours ago, gingerjon said:

I didn't know I needed a Kids in the Hall reunion series but it turns out that I did need a Kids in the Hall reunion series.

I just posted a little something in the What are you listening to thread...

• Like 1

Ralph Waldo Emerson

6 hours ago, Futtocks said:

I just posted a little something in the What are you listening to thread...

Listening to that exact video last night.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)