The TV Thread

4 hours ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

I enjoyed the first episode.

You can watch all eps on BBC iplayer.

• Like 1

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

Btw we can look forward to another 3 series according to Knight.

Which will possibly take in Stirlings stay at Colditz and the SAS WW2 actions and Maynes leadership of the regiment.

• Like 2

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

The Prime series with Peter Capaldi is pretty creepy. The kid in it certainly is. I've no idea what's happening, though, and not sure if they'll tell us.

Watching "The Walk In" with the ever excellent Stephen Graham. Based on true events around the far right National Action group. Probbaly scarier than the Capaldi series.

• Thanks 1

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

4 hours ago, tim2 said:

The Prime series with Peter Capaldi is pretty creepy. The kid in it certainly is. I've no idea what's happening, though, and not sure if they'll tell us.

Watching "The Walk In" with the ever excellent Stephen Graham. Based on true events around the far right National Action group. Probbaly scarier than the Capaldi series.

Nazi Hunters ~ The Real Walk In also screened last night was as scary as the TV series IMO.

• Like 1

On 27/10/2022 at 21:38, Bedford Roughyed said:

Andor - Best Star Wars spin off by a country mile.  Scene setting, tension, story arc, etc.  

If anything its getting better and better.  

• Like 1

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Not really a TV thread thing but noticed a ' #### up ' in the posters advertising the new SAS Rogue Heroes drama 

It shows parachutes dropping down from a plane , unsurprising given the Special Air Service name , but I doubt they ever jumped out of a B17 flying fortress bomber ? 😉

On 31/10/2022 at 17:15, jacksy said:

You can watch all eps on BBC iplayer.

Three SAS episodes enjoyed, except for very annoying 'buffering' (video/technical - sorry, not the naughty stuff!) on my playback.    Some very interesting characters, especially the Irish lad and no doubt he and his SAS actors must have a ball, especially in the desert takes.  The largely "rock" score is brave.  Enjoy.

On 02/11/2022 at 21:26, Bedford Roughyed said:

If anything its getting better and better.  

And better.  Tightly written, superb performances, menace, tension, just excellent.  Cant rave about it enough.  

• Like 1

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Emily Blunt new series The English is up on iplayer..looks pretty good.

Edited by jacksy

Something I really notice these days, especially in the last 10 years or so, the amount of TV shows that are just called, 'The <insert random word here>'. Scriptwriters need to get more imaginative with their titles again. I can't remember if this has always been the case. Obviously there's always been shows called The Something, but the market just seems to be over saturated with them these days. 

• Like 1

Just now, gingerjon said:

I don't think I even knew these existed

I'm not sure I did either. Should be worth checking out the first one, at least, to see what they're like.

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I’m working through Ancient Apocalypse on Netflix with Graham Hancock’s theory about ice age civilisation . I’m not clever enough to follow it all but at least he puts forward a cogent argument with some evidence , which my tutor told me to do  in essays at uni but I couldn’t really be bothered doing