Sign in to follow this  
Scubby

I am not signing for Leigh - just to confirm

I am not signing for Leigh because I am a man of morals and beliefs,and there are certain aspects I am not in agreement with.

Something doesn't sit right with me and I have got to stick with my morals and beliefs.

My wife,if I was married,would be proud of me,and i'm proud of myself.

you aren't married angelic cynic? that's a thread in itself.

i'm signing for Leigh, as i look forward to playing in superleague, next season.

Hold your horses! Signing for Leigh isn't a guarantee of longevity. One week at a time fella. 

I was going to referee Leigh but I got scared I might get bashed. So then I was going to drug test Leigh but I got scared I might get bashed. So I stayed away instead, although the fear remains.

@ohcallicalli

You can't beat an owl!

I did sign for them, but when I followed the Street View directions to the town, I mysteriously ended up in Toronto.

www.twitter.com/flyingking2

I signed for Leigh many years ago but no one noticed cos it was the same moment Emmanuel McDonald Bailey signed too! ( A local lad!)

"It is, by a million miles, a better sport than union. League is 80 minutes of physicality, speed, good handling, good kicking. It’s continuous."

Interesting that there has been no comment from Farmduck. One wonders if this is significant...

Forever in our shadow, forever on your mind.

Yes, I can confirm that, Scubby, essentially because I am too old to 'run out' anywhere.

Depends which Leigh you mean on how it's pronounced, Hvy wg.  When I lived at Astley, I called it to rhyme with 'bee' and 'see', and it was my nearest RL club.  Now I work in Somerset, we have a Leigh-on-Mendip which is pronounced to rhyme with 'lie' and 'tie'.  Ah, the joyful inconsistencies of English language pronunciation!

You guys have so much inconsistencies... I mean "enough", "through", "cough" aren't pronounced the same way. Don't even get me started on the accent. 

Yeah, most of my life I've been taught English with the London-ish accent. The first time I had a face to face conversation with RL guys I was like "which language is that?".

So Leigh => Leeee it is, right?

You guys have so much inconsistencies... I mean "enough", "through", "cough" aren't pronounced the same way. Don't even get me started on the accent. 

Yeah, most of my life I've been taught English with the London-ish accent. The first time I had a face to face conversation with RL guys I was like "which language is that?".

Unless you are from West Yorkshire then it is "Lay"

The first time I had a face to face conversation with RL guys I was like "which language is that?".

Moandarin

www.twitter.com/flyingking2

The first time I had a face to face conversation with RL guys I was like "which language is that?".

Moandarin

Didjagettapint?

Northerner's way of asking if you bought a beer. 

What's with the "stereotype" like all Northerners say "fookin shy*e" instead of "f*cking sh*t?" Any truth in this?

Edited by Hvy wg

You have my deepest sympathy.

Cheers mate. I left in my late teens and have yet to return :D

Edited by Scubby

The French RL accent isn't all that easily comprehensible to a French learner either ;)

Edited by wackojacko

The French RL accent isn't all that easily comprehensible to a French learner either ;)

You probably had it harder than me, in the end, most of French Southerners are ###### reckless with people learning French. I've been told that most of the guys outside of the south can't understand me. #ThickAccentTeam

Have you ever heard a French Canadian? 

You probably had it harder than me, in the end, most of French Southerners are ###### reckless with people learning French. I've been told that most of the guys outside of the south can't understand me. #ThickAccentTeam

Have you ever heard a French Canadian? 

Yeah, I know a few, it sounds so nasal.

First time I went to a game in the Aude I thought the people sat behind me were speaking Occitan or something at first. That said, I've had similar difficulties in Yorkshire ;)

Yeah, I know a few, it sounds so nasal.

First time I went to a game in the Aude I thought the people sat behind me were speaking Occitan or something at first. That said, I've had similar difficulties in Yorkshire ;)

Aude people sometimes do have thicken accent than us Catalans. 

Bousquet has one thicker than Bosc or Mounis. Pelissier tops them all, of course. 

I`m surprised we couldn`t sign all of you wannabees for the price of of a month old satsuma.Signing the cynical one would cost more than the National debt but it might be worth it if we could open the mine shaft at the sadly closed Parsonage Pit and assist him on his way down. ;)

We`re on a road to Nowhere.......................