24 Jun: CCQF: Warrington Wolves v Widnes Vikings KO 8pm (BBC)

Who will win?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington Wolves
    • Widnes Vikings

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great last-second effort by Widnes, but Warrington squeeze through at the hooter.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Oh well, proud of our boys - best we've played for some time

Plenty to be enthused about for Widnes fans.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Great effort from both teams to produce a cup tie like that.

Well done Wire.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

We looked dangerous on the break and could maybe have pinched that but fair play to wire, on balance they prob deserved to edge it

think we are off form but playing safe within ouraelves. Think you tried a bit too hard. Was it 2 or 3 passes straight into touch?

I couldnt have complained had it gone the other way

I can't believe our good luck that such a riveting and close game has been broadcast to N Ireland Wales and Scotland at a prime time on a Friday night.

Can only be good for the game.

I can't believe our good luck that such a riveting and close game has been broadcast to N Ireland Wales and Scotland at a prime time on a Friday night.

Can only be good for the game.

Nice to see something's uniting the nation today. ;) 

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Phew, shattered after that. Really good second half, thought Widnes really played some good rugby and had the edge on us. Two or three brave sets and good kicks near the end to get us home.

Good game of rugby.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Phew, shattered after that. Really good second half, thought Widnes really played some good rugby and had the edge on us. Two or three brave sets and good kicks near the end to get us home.

Good game of rugby.

If Widnes had a kicking game and learnt not to give away so many penalties. We'd win a lot more games

if you can show me a screen grab showong his hands and the ball seperate then id agree. I certainly dodnt see that on my screen. Even the vr said he couldnt see it but assumed that and went with the refs call.

I'm sick of banging on about this but, the video ref operates contrary to the actual laws of the game. If the referee cannot see the ball grounded it is not a reason to disallow the try, the way the video ref works at the moment is contrary to that law.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

I'm sick of banging on about this but, the video ref operates contrary to the actual laws of the game. If the referee cannot see the ball grounded it is not a reason to disallow the try, the way the video ref works at the moment is contrary to that law.

plus if the ref saw a knock on then it is no try. He didnt but suspected it - hence going to the vr. The vr couldnt see it but suspected it. So nobody saw a knock on, but it was disallowed on suspicion.

I will repeat my point though that i thought Currie needed a second movement to get the ball on the line so im happy it was disallowed, its the process which pees me off.

plus if the ref saw a knock on then it is no try. He didnt but suspected it - hence going to the vr. The vr couldnt see it but suspected it. So nobody saw a knock on, but it was disallowed on suspicion.

I will repeat my point though that i thought Currie needed a second movement to get the ball on the line so im happy it was disallowed, its the process which pees me off.

Especially when the video ref said, 'There was a hand in there,' and then promptly never mentioned it again.

If it wasn't a knock on it was a double movement. Either way it wasn't a try

Personally I thought it was a no try, but the process is wrong, totally wrong.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Great game, well done to Wire who just about edged it. Still hope they get beaten in the next round though :P

I thought James Child did a really good job as referee, too. 

If it wasn't a knock on it was a double movement. Either way it wasn't a try

After the VR analysis, that's what I thought he was going to give! IMO Currie lost it in the tackle, with maybe a little help.

Great game, though, and credit to both teams in what seemed to be slippery conditions. Good for the game.

I don't know what to think about the Jamie, Nobby, Wilko partnership. Seemed an excited rush to speak at times.

Archived