The Tory Leadership Contest

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

User Actions

I'm told Boris' widely criticised @Telegraph column - was SUB EDITED by Michael Gove who suggested changes - and Boris put them in

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Boris Johnson, a leader for the ages.

What a despicable individual.

Up, up Cronulla; The boys in the black, white and blue; Up, up Cronulla; Name of the Sharks fits you; Sharks, Sharks forever; Go out and play without fear; Now's the time to see good football*; For the Sharks are here!

* Subject to change

Currently playing: Gorbachev: The Fall of Communism & Swing States 2012

Is there anyone left in the House of Commons without a knife, either in their hand or in their back?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

User Actions

I'm told Boris' widely criticised @Telegraph column - was SUB EDITED by Michael Gove who suggested changes - and Boris put them in

Sarah Vine with her hand on the spellchecker ...

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

http://reaction.life/boris-done-cuckoo-nest-plot/

Even those of us who write about how ruthless the Tory party is are standing, staring, open-mouthed at what has just happened. At 9am this morning, Boris Johnson was pretty sure that he was going to become Prime Minister, or at least make the final two in the leadership contest and be in with a 50-50 chance. Then, at 9.02am an email landed that signalled he was done for, ruined. Johnson and his team had no warning – no call, no text – from Michael Gove that he was about to declare Boris unfit to be Prime Minister and run himself.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Mad Nad was in tears at the Boris press conference.  So silver linings and all that...

There is a very deep pit reserved in Hell for such as he. #Gove

Gove has upset a few people.  Is he banking on scrapping through in second place in the MP's election and then cleaning up as the "fully out of the EU" candidate with the members?

At 11.15 this morning both I and the wife felt that Boris was not going to run, so were not surprised at his announcement. Heseltine on the radio this lunchtime absolutely slaughtered Johnson. Laid the whlle thing at his door from start to finish. Cant find a link to Hezzas interview but it was a classic.

At 11.15 this morning both I and the wife felt that Boris was not going to run, so were not surprised at his announcement. Heseltine on the radio this lunchtime absolutely slaughtered Johnson. Laid the whlle thing at his door from start to finish. Cant find a link to Hezzas interview but it was a classic.

saw it. Micky H didn't pull any punches did he?

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

One backstabbing blond with an unquenchable lust for power recognises another, it would seem.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

How would we feel about a woman PM and a woman Leader of the Opposition?

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

Mud wrestling! Yay!!!!

Only joking, of course. ;)

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

Gove as PM, Osbourne as Chanceller.  

If that comes off I hope the brexiters who voted to end austerity take a long look at themselves.

Gove as PM, Osbourne as Chanceller.

If that comes off I hope the brexiters who voted to end austerity take a long look at themselves.

Not 100% convinced yet that Gove will make the final two.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

TBH I'm not.  Plenty of tories are upset with him.  

There is no way I can see Gove having Gideon as his chancellor anyway.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Plus a woman in charge of each of the SNP, Scottish Tories and Greens.  There are no female Lib Dem MPs.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

How I wish Ken Clarke had stood and somehow won (I know he's ageing and retiring next time round but what better way to go out?).

A rare voice of sanity in an increasingly insane party.

Archived