hull fc v toronto

tandle

this game has brightened my day, firstly its great to see rugby on the telly again - this, along with the karalius cup game and the other pre season friendlies, reminds me that its not long now to the start of the season (what are we, 2 or 3 weeks away now?). Secondly, this Toronto team didn't look bad at all and are a great tonic to the doom n gloom that's been spouted of late, here's hoping they grow as a club and inspire fresh blood in terms of fans and players on the other side of the pond

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, chuffer said:

this game has brightened my day, firstly its great to see rugby on the telly again - this, along with the karalius cup game and the other pre season friendlies, reminds me that its not long now to the start of the season (what are we, 2 or 3 weeks away now?). Secondly, this Toronto team didn't look bad at all and are a great tonic to the doom n gloom that's been spouted of late, here's hoping they grow as a club and inspire fresh blood in terms of fans and players on the other side of the pond

Oi!, less of the positivity you.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

27 minutes ago, Number 16 said:

They're going to go through C1 with ease. A positive should be that they can blood a few North Americans along the way.

It was good to see one in there already, the winger who they were calling Captain America. Pity he wasn't a Canadian but at least he was an authentic American rather than a heritage player.  Clearly with a fulltime team they will be able to bring up to speed the other North Americans they have recruited from the amateur game so hopefully those in their squad will get a run out as the season unfolds, especially when they are playing at home and particularly if they are Canadian. 

19 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Complaining about the attendance at a pre-season friendly including a brand-new team that is unlikely to have much travelling support due to the distances involved. What a thoroughly Rugby League comment!

Where was the complaint. What was the attendance?

The first pro game for Toronto representing Canada was an attractive tie and Hull put a decent side out. Could have expected a few hundred neutrals to have gone along plus a decent number of Hulls enthusiastic following.

TV got a good game and as usual Premier Sport are to be congratulated on their promotion of the game.

Anybody know of any discounts on offer?

A really enjoyable game I thought (it was bloody cold though).

That Toronto team should steamroll all before them in that league. I knew they were going to be a handy team, but they really impressed me. Especially in the first half when Hull had a really strong team out (in the backs at least, the pack was makeshift). They got some really good go forward and created plenty of chances. It's good to finally see them out there playing rugby after all the talk and build up, it's an exciting time for the game.

From Hull's point of view that back line looks awfully good. Add the go forward of Taylor, Houghton, Ellis, Mini, Manu and Bowden and it's very exciting. Some of the stuff they played in the first half was superb given they weren't really getting a strong platform to work from. Then I was really pleased with how a lot of the youngsters went in the second half. I was pretty sure Toronto would take charge of the game once it was 20-20 and we had taken most of the first team off, but they showed good resilience and will take a lot from it.

why does this new club have to start a division below the new bradford club? looks like they have done so much on and off the field , didn't the new Bradford club just pop up a couple of weeks ago?

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

18 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

why does this new club have to start a division below the new bradford club? looks like they have done so much on and off the field , didn't the new Bradford club just pop up a couple of weeks ago?

?

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

2 hours ago, stevereed100 said:

Looks like the score could exceed the attendance!

2 hours ago, stevereed100 said:

Do you have to bring Rovers up in every Hull topic?  Obsessed or what?

1 hour ago, stevereed100 said:

Deary me. 

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Mr Rowley has taken his same coaching manual to Toronto that he employed with his team at Leigh, I found myself calling the plays prior to them unfolding, I have no doubt whatsoever that it will prove very successful for the next couple of years at least, can't  call it beyond that, nothing to compare it to.

"If Rugby League had never been Invented, today we would only have Rugby League"

2 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

Graveyard Johnny address your enquiry to "...tomb it may concern." at the RFL.

31 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Just watched it back. Wolfpack were slightly blunt in Hull's 20 but they were very competitive and in the game right to the end.

They will murder League 1 sides. Toulouse   X 10.

Fear for Hemel Stags!

I was well impressed. They need to work hard on their kicking game but apart from that they looked like they will be the major contender for promotion 

3 minutes ago, John Rhino said:

I was well impressed. They need to work hard on their kicking game but apart from that they looked like they will be the major contender for promotion 

If they don't get promoted I would be very very surprised. The first half in particular was very impressive. Hull had some of the best players in the country on the field, and they more than held their own. You would also expect them to only get better given its the first time they've ever played together.

3 hours ago, stevereed100 said:

The first pro game for Toronto representing Canada was an attractive tie and Hull put a decent side out. Could have expected a few hundred neutrals to have gone along plus a decent number of Hulls enthusiastic following.

TV got a good game and as usual Premier Sport are to be congratulated on their promotion of the game.

Anybody know of any discounts on offer?

No, but I got a free meal and really enjoyed the occasion.  

Great to see & speak to the views of some of their entourage and good to see Toronto showing us what they're about.

Some of those hull kids are going to be good.  Toronto certainly tested them when they had the ball.  Overall, great to see.

1 hour ago, MZH said:

If they don't get promoted I would be very very surprised. The first half in particular was very impressive. Hull had some of the best players in the country on the field, and they more than held their own. You would also expect them to only get better given its the first time they've ever played together.

Err, 7 ex Leigh players who have played numerous games together. 3 backs and 4 forwards all on the field together. 6 who I would expect to be in their strongest lineup and Fui Fui  coming of the bench.

"If Rugby League had never been Invented, today we would only have Rugby League"

4 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

Just watched it back. Wolfpack were slightly blunt in Hull's 20 but they were very competitive and in the game right to the end.

They will murder League 1 sides. Toulouse   X 10.

Fear for Hemel Stags!

I suppose being in League 1 gives them a chance to blood a few locals with the knowledge that they've got enough strength in other parts of the field to make up for the initial weakness.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

8 hours ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

I suppose being in League 1 gives them a chance to blood a few locals with the knowledge that they've got enough strength in other parts of the field to make up for the initial weakness.

They're going to destroy League 1 and would not look out of place in the Championship. I hope they're going to blood locals, bags of potential in there.

9 hours ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Yeah, if the American amateurs aren't getting good game time against Hemel, Oxford, South Wales etc. then it'll be a bit of a shame.

On 22/1/2017 at 5:19 PM, Saintslass said:

It was good to see one in there already, the winger who they were calling Captain America. Pity he wasn't a Canadian but at least he was an authentic American rather than a heritage player.  Clearly with a fulltime team they will be able to bring up to speed the other North Americans they have recruited from the amateur game so hopefully those in their squad will get a run out as the season unfolds, especially when they are playing at home and particularly if they are Canadian. 

I'm skeptic about, as there's a huge gap between the amateur game and L1. 

Toronto Wolfpack Global Ambassador

Archived