Crowd segregation HKR game

Maureen T-k

Supporters of Featherstone and Hull KR will be segregated when they face off in the Qualifiers at the LD Nutrition Stadium on Sunday week.

The decisions comes after crowd disturbances between the two sets of fansduring their Championship fixture at the same venue 11 weeks ago.

An RFL investigation is currently ongoing after clips emerged on social media of chaos on the terraces during the game on Sunday 4th June.

Featherstone supporters are asked to make use of the Community Stand, Main Stand and Post Office Road End for next week’s game, while Hull KR fans will have access to more than 2,200 seats in the Went Valley Stand and Railway End.

General Manager of Featherstone Rovers, Davide Longo, said: “Given the ongoing investigation into what occurred the last time we played Hull KR, we have had to take this option and hope our supporters can understand the reasoning behind it.

“Crowd safety is paramount here at the LD Nutrition Stadium and we feel these measures will ensure everyone who visits us next month, for what will be a massive game for both clubs, enjoys a great day.”

Im Fev and im proud

Certainly not chaos, I few fists flying , bl....dy stupid but nothing like chaos.

I just hope we do not have armed coppers like Leeds had the other week ?

Pro active management by club,although i have seen worse in Wakey on a Saturday night.Hope their fans are not too upset if we manage to beat them.This is the one match in the play offs i have been looking forward to,even trying to bribe our young un to come by offering to pay him in.

Same here that was the best first half I have seen all season and we should have won.We all know what happened trouble wise.The Steward asked the idiot who got on the pitch to come off it then the KR lot ( some ive been told from the Hull football team ) started throwing punches at them and a few Fev fans ran over to defend the stewards who are not paid for that sh. Eite.Hopefully it can be picked up by the cameras and with a bit of luck either fine Hull kr or dock them points.

I doubt the camera's will have picked the idiots out and they will probably be back for more, good move by the club in terms of containing the idiots / reputation for the club, bad move for the loyal support that like to move around. Difficult one, probably better to segregate than not.

5 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Somebody on the HKR forum asked if the segregation means they won't be able to use the clubhouse bar, does anyone know the answer to that? I'm not sure which parts of the ground are cordoned off when we use segregation.

I'd summise they can facilitate the bar in the clubhouse before, during and after the game. But I'd think there will be a drinks bar at the railway end as well, they're not going to miss an opportunity to make some brass 

Im Fev and im proud

41 minutes ago, Maureen T-k said:

I'd summise they can facilitate the bar in the clubhouse before, during and after the game. But I'd think there will be a drinks bar at the railway end as well, they're not going to miss an opportunity to make some brass 

Thank you Maureen. Yes, I couldn't really see us missing out on potential bar sales either.

18 hours ago, Maureen T-k said:

I'd have thought not - surely if you are trying to segregate the two sets of fans you are not going allow them to drink together?

3 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

I'd have thought not - surely if you are trying to segregate the two sets of fans you are not going allow them to drink together?

Some of them may have booked in hospitality so you're not going to turn round and say "sorry you cannot come in now" it would cause massive problems 

Im Fev and im proud

I have to say that I am surprised that there has been issues with Featherstone and Hull KR fans because when both sets of fans came to Sale v Swinton when we played them,both Fev and Hull KR fans behaved impeccably and not one piece of litter was thrown in anger,let alone fists or other objects.I can only think that those who cause trouble are neither fans of Fev or Hull KR but just thugs who want a day out and a fight.

10 hours ago, Maureen T-k said:

Some of them may have booked in hospitality so you're not going to turn round and say "sorry you cannot come in now" it would cause massive problems 

Hospitality is a completely different kettle of fish to fans mingling in the main bar. If trouble did occur the Club would look a bit foolish allowing the fans to mix in the close proximity of alcohol after saying that they were segregating them. I doubt the RFL would look too sympathetically on such either.

3 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Hospitality is a completely different kettle of fish to fans mingling in the main bar. If trouble did occur the Club would look a bit foolish allowing the fans to mix in the close proximity of alcohol after saying that they were segregating them. I doubt the RFL would look too sympathetically on such either.

So what's your solution, as you cannot stop them mingling in pubs outside the ground, in and around the ground how can they stop them standing at the post office road end, you cannot really can you. 

Im Fev and im proud

12 hours ago, Maureen T-k said:

So what's your solution, as you cannot stop them mingling in pubs outside the ground, in and around the ground how can they stop them standing at the post office road end, you cannot really can you. 

It is a sorry state of affairs and a reflection upon our society that we should be discussing such situations. Think I will give this one a miss.

5 minutes ago, saddleworth said:

It is a sorry state of affairs and a reflection upon our society that we should be discussing such situations. Think I will give this one a miss.

Dont let idiots stop you from attending what looks like the best game of the 8s.They are not like Leigh fans , they dont pick on pensioners .

On 8/22/2017 at 5:10 PM, Oxford said:

The Family Game

R I P

Well done to those two sets of fans - no excuses!

Fev had their bad press in the past. Some of it true and lots of it not. But I witnessed the trouble and believe me when I say it was one set of fans responsible who took exception to one of their fans being asked to leave the playing area by the stewards who then were assaulted. Please don't assume things that you never saw.

Archived