15th/16th/17th Sept : Super 8s - The Qualifiers Match Thread

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

Agreed - it's all on next week. Winner takes all. Loser in the MPG against Leigh.

(Barring a London epic shock)

As a Leigh fan I'd Sooner go to Catalan than Widnes

"If Rugby League had never been Invented, today we would only have Rugby League"

10 minutes ago, Lounge Room Lizard said:

I would only want a French team in SL if they deserve to be there both on and off the field- same as any side really. If Catalans and Toulouse are not at a standard to justify them being in SL, then for me they shouldnt be there. Super League should be about being the best 12 or whatever number clubs, not where you are based or how many fans on cheap tickets you can get. 

On the showing in the 8s, Catalans dont deserve to be in SL next year. Its very disappointing to see where the club is now and the poor decisions they have made to get here. Another club like Bradford that has had so much potential and yet due to poor decisions has seen the club destroy itself when it could have been avoided. I just hope if Catalans are in the Championship next year, that it doesnt destroy them, but they use it to rebuild using French lads and rebuild properly for SL. Sadly I dont see that happening

The best way to decide who was or wasn't good enough would be to wait until all the games had been played. The table will then tell us all we need to know. It's  going to be an exhilarating end to the season - better than any similar competition before it, 

3 minutes ago, GaryO said:

As a Leigh fan I'd Sooner go to Catalan than Widnes

I seem to remember Judith Chalmers having to make that choice once and she reached the same conclusion.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

1 minute ago, bobbruce said:

They weren't great but somehow managed to get over the line. Even tried to blow it by giving away a kickable penalty in the last two minutes. 

And did some gob5hite miss it?

"If Rugby League had never been Invented, today we would only have Rugby League"

12 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I dont think that is anywhere near decided.

Theyll probably drop to 4th this weekend.

I don't think Widnes have ever won in Perpignan, and I don't expect that to change next week.

Wow.  Cats seem determined to throw away their Superleague place

Win next week = stay up.

Lose = either a home game against Leigh or an away game against Leigh.  Seems pretty straightforward - if they cannot beat Widnes at home (no offence to Widnes) they do not deserve to be in Superleague

Really hope they do it - with a decent coach (bye Steve) they should be pushing the top 4.  Such potential.

6 minutes ago, Lobbygobbler said:

As a Leigh fan, I'd much rather us go to Widnes. There's no way we'd get the calls down there in France in such a vital game.

Well you see Lobby, I don't hold with the theory that refs are bent or the RFL want Catalan to stay up and will instruct the ref accordingly, if you go there and are good enough, you win.

7 minutes ago, GaryO said:

Well you see Lobby, I don't hold with the theory that refs are bent or the RFL want Catalan to stay up and will instruct the ref accordingly, if you go there and are good enough, you win.

Fair do's but I still think we've no chance of winning the MPG in Perpignan. I do think we can win at Widnes though plus we'd take a vast army of fans rather than a handful. FWIW Catalans are a far superior team than Widnes when they are firing and they are very hard to beat at home

3 minutes ago, Lobbygobbler said:

Fair do's but I still think we've no chance of winning the MPG in Perpignan. I do think we can win at Widnes though plus we'd take a vast army of fans rather than a handful. FWIW Catalans are a far superior team than Widnes when they are firing and they are very hard to beat at home

Maybe that is so on past reputation, but we are talking now and this season and more to the point in the last 3 week's, Widnes have got a big X on Leigh this season, full of confidence and will to win, whilst Catalan colud be the one's worried and we the confident team should tgat be the game.

Just now, westlondonfan said:

I haven't given up hope on London beating Widnes and then Leigh and getting into the MPG. I would prefer that not to to be at Catalan's expense but I am a London fan first. 

Well we pull in different directions, I am a Leigh fan first and foremost, and for that reason i dont mind whose expense it will be.

Looking at the last fixtures, if Catalan win they finish third. If they lose they will be away at Leigh in mpg. Next week decided their fate as they won't win at at Leigh. Not sure how anyone can say they don't deserve to stay up. Yes they have been poor but if they beat Widnes to finish third they do deserve it. Over the whole season, Widnes and Leigh have been worse... Just

Hicks may have " given" Rovers reserves a try but it was apparent in the last 20 minutes that he favoured led Cats when stopping the clock. Stopped on one scrum before Catalan forwards had reached the scrum.Catalan knock Docker Clay fails to gain advantage play on no scrum further up the pitch.Rovers knock on Cats try to play advantage, ball ends up in Rovers hands. Instantly stops clock even though no delays in ball coming back to scrum.Several other examples, not suggesting RF conspiracy just Hick being a Richard.

Proud of Rovers A matching a SL team.

Next seasons home shirt and new sponsor on sale tonight. How quick was that!

Archived