15th/16th/17th Sept : Super 8s - The Qualifiers Match Thread

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, OriginalMrC said:

Wow this Catalans team are awful. Look destined for the drop at the moment. Think there needs to be a French presence in SL so it would be a shame if they go down 

I would only want a French team in SL if they deserve to be there both on and off the field- same as any side really. If Catalans and Toulouse are not at a standard to justify them being in SL, then for me they shouldnt be there. Super League should be about being the best 12 or whatever number clubs, not where you are based or how many fans on cheap tickets you can get. 

On the showing in the 8s, Catalans dont deserve to be in SL next year. Its very disappointing to see where the club is now and the poor decisions they have made to get here. Another club like Bradford that has had so much potential and yet due to poor decisions has seen the club destroy itself when it could have been avoided. I just hope if Catalans are in the Championship next year, that it doesnt destroy them, but they use it to rebuild using French lads and rebuild properly for SL. Sadly I dont see that happening

2 minutes ago, Lounge Room Lizard said:

I would only want a French team in SL if they deserve to be there both on and off the field- same as any side really. If Catalans and Toulouse are not at a standard to justify them being in SL, then for me they shouldnt be there. Super League should be about being the best 12 or whatever number clubs, not where you are based or how many fans on cheap tickets you can get. 

On the showing in the 8s, Catalans dont deserve to be in SL next year. Its very disappointing to see where the club is now and the poor decisions they have made to get here. Another club like Bradford that has had so much potential and yet due to poor decisions has seen the club destroy itself when it could have been avoided. I just hope if Catalans are in the Championship next year, that it doesnt destroy them, but they use it to rebuild using French lads and rebuild properly for SL. Sadly I dont see that happening

Rubbish.

One bad year in 10 doesn't make them sub SL it is just a bad year.

We shouldn't be putting club close to extinction because of one poor year.

Archived