Mid season test in USA v New Zealand

13 hours ago, westside said:

A USA vs Canada test as a curtain raiser could be good for England vs NZ in Denver.

For those questioning the market, it's a pretty dynamic city with a young population, great weather most of the year, and lots of nature and nightlife to get into. I have been there a few times, would recommend the trip to anyone.

Agree 100%. 

Toronto Wolfpack Global Ambassador

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, Abicus said:

http://www.nrl.com/england-to-play-new-zealand-in-us/tabid/10874/newsid/116771/default.aspx

Match to be confirmed soon, likely to be played at Sports Authority Field at Mile High Stadium (capacity 76,125).
Wooooooohboy. Let's see what you can do Jason Moore.

sports16_top.jpg

Not convinced this is a done deal. Sounds like they are trying to bounce the RFL into it.

59 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Not convinced this is a done deal. Sounds like they are trying to bounce the RFL into it.

It's the kiwis holding it up...Nigel bent over and pulles his pants when he heard the $500k appearance fee...

OLDHAM RLFC

the 8TH most successful team in british RL

1 hour ago, Man of Kent said:

It's the kiwis holding it up...Nigel bent over and pulled his pants when he heard the $500k appearance fee...

OLDHAM RLFC

21 minutes ago, bird said:

U

Unbelievable. NRL and ARL are meeting to decide if England can play New Zealand in USA. Excuse me while I bristle.

yup. it should be really simple.

When they agreed the mid-season international window, it should have been stated that the "clubs would make players available from x date to y date" and then the international leagues work within those timescales. 

They shouldn't have to sign anything off here.

On 03/12/2017 at 6:57 PM, philipw said:

Why not when there are:

A. Clearly not enough international RL fixtures at present?

B. Potential backers offering up to 1M US dollars between the two teams

Who are the potential backers offering this money? I agree there are not enough RL internationals. 

39 minutes ago, bird said:

U

Unbelievable. NRL and ARL are meeting to decide if England can play New Zealand in USA. Excuse me while I bristle.

Or if they can release players. 
Don't you remember when SL club gave WB rules and limits for the selection v Samoa?

Toronto Wolfpack Global Ambassador

1 hour ago, DoubleD said:

It’s actually the RLPA holding it up as usual 

I meant the kiwis are waiting for the OK..sorry I should have been clearer..

Actually the RLPA,NRL have no rights to hold anything up..the test Weekend was agreed last May!

OLDHAM RLFC

13 minutes ago, scotchy1 said:

John Paul Basile, a former NBA associate vice-president for business development and operations who is working alongside Jason Moore on strategy for the 2025 World Cup

This I like.

Yes. The NBA are exactly the type of organisation we should be looking at to grow the sport. 

On 04/12/2017 at 7:36 PM, ELBOWSEYE said:

Getting quite bored with you on this but I will play along, why not Kiwis and Ireland as there is a strong Irish presence in the USA. ;)

Oh I am sorry if I dare to question your views - shame I am boring you. Gutted.

Why not NZ vs Ireland? Primarily because the organisers probably realise that would be a non-event. secondly, because it appears the game has already been offered to England. Plus most of that Irish presence is on the east coast

The money is on the table for that particular match-up in that particular city. Suggesting alternatives is suggesting we turn down the money.

This is like the early days of the Toronto bid, when we had loads of posts, claiming that the money could be better spent in the heartlands, when the money had, in reality, been pledged specifically for a Toronto club.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

10 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

The money is on the table for that particular match-up in that particular city. Suggesting alternatives is suggesting we turn down the money.

This is like the early days of the Toronto bid, when we had loads of posts, claiming that the money could be better spent in the heartlands, when the money had, in reality, been pledged specifically for a Toronto club.

It could be November before Nigel and the seemingly incompetent NZRL get through their due diligence.

Archived