Bradford bulls

Cl1998

All it looks to have done so far is generate bad publicity for Town. Some Bradford fans on Twitter now saying they aren't bothering coming. 

Surely it won't have made that much impact on the gate/takings?

Poor form from Town if you ask me.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Cl1998 said:

i dont see what the problem is so town dont want to have them streaming it 

Bradford’s chairman is all over twitter telling there fans not to travel tommorow so don’t be surprised if they don’t that’s the damage this has done 

4 minutes ago, Havenfan13 said:

Bradford’s chairman is all over twitter telling there fans not to travel tommorow so don’t be surprised if they don’t that’s the damage this has done 

Depends on who takes notice and sees through the shee-ite that is on social media

Some are even blaming Leon Pryce for it!

12 minutes ago, Havenfan13 said:

You got a game tommorow?

12 minutes ago, Havenfan13 said:

Really? Petulant isn’t it , who does that benefit . Is it that top club wants own way syndrome or else routine again 

18 minutes ago, Havenfan13 said:

Well him and kear can sit and whinge till the cows come home about how terrible the area, journey, club and everything else are. Boohoo. 

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

31 minutes ago, Cl1998 said:

i dont see what the problem is so town dont want to have them streaming it 

Not all fans are capable of, or have the means to, travel to away games.

We got almost 4 and half k at York and they streamed it. So I don't think it has any impact on swaying the mindset of those that want to come. I also enjoyed watching the game back afterwards. 

Whilst it is each to their own, I think it isn't the most progressive decision. 

Having said that..... I hope you take the two points tomorrow!! Good luck!

Ever since Chris Caisley the Bradford chairman in 1997 supported the proposal to kick town out of the league because of the debts they had I’ve had no time for them. Other big clubs were supportive but they weren’t. Don’t know who they think they are. They are a league 1 club who think they are still a major player in rugby league. Unfortunately  for them there not and if a decision has been made by town not to allow streaming then they should deal with that professionally rather than like a little brat throwing a dummy out of the pram and belittling hard working directors of a fellow professional club.

1 hour ago, Havenfan13 said:

Well I can appreciate that point marra but if town or haven for that fact played away and was a chance to watch them for free or a paid sponsored site then we all would do that Bradford are the same most pay to watch the streams as thousands can’t make away games for whatever reason but I think town should be subsidised for this but not stoping fans watching 

It makes commercial common sense not to stream the game if you wish to maximize your income, true fans turn-up and pay entrance fee, why stream the game for the benefit of those who can't be arsed to support the club.  

why would i want to watch live stream of it when i can watch it with my own eyes? All it seems like is that Bradford don't like the word NO. Sorry but the club isn't pathetic at all and all this 'Those who can't make the 7hr round trip. Try being a town or haven fan we do it every week marra! pluck it yup and get on with it.

the idea of not having it on the tele/streaming is to get people down i can't see it denting the crowd much. Toronto caused us hell last year maybe reason behind the decision 

3 minutes ago, Cl1998 said:

why would i want to watch live stream of it when i can watch it with my own eyes? All it seems like is that Bradford don't like the word NO. Sorry but the club isn't pathetic at all and all this 'Those who can't make the 7hr round trip. Try being a town or haven fan we do it every week marra! pluck it yup and get on with it.

the idea of not having it on the tele/streaming is to get people down i can't see it denting the crowd much. Toronto caused us hell last year maybe reason behind the decision 

Caused you “hell” how exactly

2 minutes ago, IanMac said:

Ever since Chris Caisley the Bradford chairman in 1997 supported the proposal to kick town out of the league because of the debts they had I’ve had no time for them. Other big clubs were supportive but they weren’t. Don’t know who they think they are. They are a league 1 club who think they are still a major player in rugby league. Unfortunately  for them there not and if a decision has been made by town not to allow streaming then they should deal with that professionally rather than like a little brat throwing a dummy out of the pram and belittling hard working directors of a fellow professional club.

What goes around comes around since them days eh ? economic management of Fred Goodwin and more comebacks than Frank  Sinatra 

There’s actually some of their fans talking about being treated as a cash cow by other clubs ... how many bucket collections and appeals for money did they have ? The hypocrisy is staggering 

after a massive promo week on social media to get a crowd to the game we see now a twitter and social media storm over a decision to reject the live stream and a delayed live stream , i'm thinking those who watch live streams probably do not go to games anyway so live stream could give some a look at the club and team and atmosphere and help to persuade them to go to the next game ? especially if its a tight and exciting spectacle 

Sam.hasn' had the opportunity to show his capabilities at FB. Just like tee didn't till last season really. Sam.would be my 1st choice FB. But I recon leon will keep tansey there. He is good at organising and communicating to be fair.

On another note. Thoughts are with Tom,  Brett, callum and their family after 'pop' sadly passed away. 

I was down in the club shop this morning and the crack was that Bradford had asked for 800 tickets but yesterday had only sold 200. Did the Bradford fans even want to turn up anyway and are now using the no live stream as an excuse? 

Money is tight. I think people are only just now realising how many long distance games (non m62 corridor...) there are in this league  And are going to pick & choose. 

The live streaming could be a factor. 

The weather could be a factor.

It’s also the middle weekend of the school holidays, which I think is the main factor. People have gone somewhere warmer. 

But you can’t force people to watch rugby, you can only provide the entertainment, market the hell out of it and see how many come along, and hopefully come back the next home game.

Archived