Jump to content
Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
John Drake

10-13 May: Ladbrokes Challenge Cup - Sixth Round Match Thread

Which game are you most interested in?  

115 members have voted

  1. 1. Which game are you most interested in?

    • Featherstone Rovers v Hull FC
      18
    • Huddersfield Giants v Wakefield Trinity
      8
    • Leigh Centurions v Salford Red Devils
      10
    • Widnes Vikings v Leeds Rhinos
      2
    • Catalans Dragons v Whitehaven
      5
    • Castleford Tigers v St Helens
      13
    • Hull Kingston Rovers v Wigan Warriors
      8
    • Toronto Wolfpack v Warrington Wolves
      51


Recommended Posts

Discuss this week's Ladbrokes Challenge Cup Sixth Round games here.

THURSDAY 10th MAY
Featherstone Rovers v Hull FC KO 7.35pm (TV)

FRIDAY 11th MAY
Huddersfield Giants v Wakefield Trinity KO 7.45pm
Leigh Centurions v Salford Red Devils KO 7.35pm (TV)
Widnes Vikings v Leeds Rhinos KO 8pm

SATURDAY 12th MAY 2018
Catalans Dragons v Whitehaven KO 2.30pm (UK Time)
Castleford Tigers v St Helens KO 2.30pm (TV)

SUNDAY 13th MAY 2018
Hull Kingston Rovers v Wigan Warriors KO 3pm
Toronto Wolfpack v Warrington Wolves KO 3.30pm (TV) at Halliwell Jones Stadium
 


.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tricky ties for Hull and Salford.  Fev at home, having earned one of the top positions in the Champs, v Hull with Leigh on a role versus an indifferent Salford.  I see a close game in the former and a Leigh victory in the latter.

Tie of the round Cas V Saints, at Cas.  imo, Cas are favourites with home advantage, but the intrigue comes in the TWP v Wire game. I think both ties will showcase the game well with good crowds to boot. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Leeds are certain to break their 4-year winless streak at Widnes Friday night methinks. 

Widnes are so hot and cold, well Luke warm and freezing at the minute. Put up a credible performance against Wigan, but followed it up with a substandard performance against a depleted Huddersfield team

The fans have already jumped ship at the Halton Stadium, not sure what’s going to get them back - a cup run would get some interest back, just don’t see it myself

I’ll be there as missed loads of home games this year due to circumstance. 

Regarding the rest of the games. Toronto looks intresting with Simms, O’Brien & Russell lining up against their former employees. Tough test for them against in-form Warrington. If they do manage an upset, I wouldn’t be surprised to see Warrington at Old Trafford at the end of the year - they’ve got no backlog games and if not in Cup they’ll be fresh throughout for the league

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Featherstone Rovers v Hull FC KO by 4
Huddersfield Giants v Wakefield Trinity by 8
Leigh Centurions v Salford Red Devils by 4 
Widnes Vikings v Leeds Rhinos by 16 
Catalans Dragons v Whitehaven by 24
Castleford Tigers v St Helens by 18
Hull Kingston Rovers v Wigan Warriors by 24
Toronto Wolfpack v Warrington Wolves by 2

Hull have a lot of injuries right now so Fev have a shot. I'm not sure if they will focus on top 4 vs going all out vs Hull, an upset is possible here.

For Leigh DJB has been rather clear that they MUST hit top 4 so i don't see the going any further in the CC.

The Aplha wars between TWP and Wolves is where its at htis weekend and although i know we are massive underdogs, I just think we can sneak in a very narrow win. Everyone in the Champ raises their game when they play us and now it's our turn to be the underdogs and put in a special performance. win or lose facing top SL competition is going to be a massive step in our qualifiers preparations. Already a historical game, the furthest we've ever been in the cup!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want REVENGE!!  I'd like Saints to beat Cas 58 points to 10 if that's ok.  That should make up for the humiliation of last year!  Just. :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hull should be ok, but its a game I am slightly nervous about. The place will be bouncing and without Taylor, Kelly and Sneyd a couple of fringe players need to step up. I am confident of a 20+ win, but if we dont start well and allow them to have a foothold it will be a tough nights work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh God...35 years ago...:sad:

I bet we were much bigger favourites then, what a nightmare.

Is history going to repeat itself?, I sure bloody well hope not but, as has already been said, I'm very nervous about this fixture.

Live on telly 'n all, it has all the makings of another horrible result for us. Last time I was there we shipped 50 odd points in Rich Whiting's testimonial. Okay we'll have a much stronger side out this time round but I bet the players are nervous.

Fev 18 Hull FC 28.


         SL Steve Prescott Man of Steel 2016 - Danny Houghton  SL Top Gun 2016/2017 - Marc Sneyd (83%/89% goal success)

         SL Hit Man 2016/2017 - Danny Houghton (1,289/1,123 tackles)  SL Club of the Year 2016 - Hull FC

         SL Coach of the Year 2016 - Lee Radford   RL Challenge Cup Winners 2016/2017 - Hull FC

 

                                                                      All in all, not a bad couple of years, I suppose...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watch the only upset be Whitehaven beating Catalans...that would be something special!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Saintslass said:

I want REVENGE!!  I'd like Saints to beat Cas 58 points to 10 if that's ok.  That should make up for the humiliation of last year!  Just. :)

Hope so

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Old Frightful said:

Oh God...35 years ago...:sad:

I bet we were much bigger favourites then, what a nightmare.

Is history going to repeat itself?, I sure bloody well hope not but, as has already been said, I'm very nervous about this fixture.

Live on telly 'n all, it has all the makings of another horrible result for us. Last time I was there we shipped 50 odd points in Rich Whiting's testimonial. Okay we'll have a much stronger side out this time round but I bet the players are nervous.

Fev 18 Hull FC 28.

Going to watch this with some Fev supporting mates. Believe me they are fancying an upset.

Do not see it myself, Fev will be competitive but Hull to win pretty easy in the end.

I fear the worst for Cas against Saints.☹️☹️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the UK.

All TWP CC games are in the UK no matter what the draw says, 2-3 year condition i believe.

Honestly i only see us getting a game in Canada if we get drawn against SL past that time frame, give teh lower league clubs the extra revenue for the home game vs us, we didn't take any of the gate for our game vs. Kells, not sure about Barrow. But i would like to bring some cup magic to lamport.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, mickhornet said:

Where are TWP playing Warrington,here or in Canada?

'Tis on the BBC so I think you could hazard a guess they ain't gonna travel over to North America to show it.

Here's confirmation...

https://warringtonwolves.com/fixtures/


         SL Steve Prescott Man of Steel 2016 - Danny Houghton  SL Top Gun 2016/2017 - Marc Sneyd (83%/89% goal success)

         SL Hit Man 2016/2017 - Danny Houghton (1,289/1,123 tackles)  SL Club of the Year 2016 - Hull FC

         SL Coach of the Year 2016 - Lee Radford   RL Challenge Cup Winners 2016/2017 - Hull FC

 

                                                                      All in all, not a bad couple of years, I suppose...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Davc1h said:

Going to watch this with some Fev supporting mates. Believe me they are fancying an upset.

Do not see it myself, Fev will be competitive but Hull to win pretty easy in the end.

I fear the worst for Cas against Saints.☹️☹️

I'm sure we will win. But its just not a fixture that we can just turn up. We need to be prepared to roll our sleeves up. Not concerned about Kelly and Sneyd missing. Connor has every trick in the book and will fill in more than capably. I am slightly more concerned about Taylor. He has at times carried the pack this year. Green is back which is important. Bowden needs to up his game, he has been really disappointing since he was named in the knights squad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, MattSantos said:

Fev will get slapped, 30 points.

Edit - What channel is it on?

Sky Sports Arena


I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MattSantos said:

Fev will get slapped, 30 points.

Had Hull been at full strength then I might have agreed with you but we're missing both first choice half backs who are crucial to getting us around the park. Kelly and Sneyd look like they'll be out for at least a month each and Sneyd's injury may well be season ending. Jordan Abdul would have been an ideal replacement but he's also out for a considerable time. Scott Taylor is a huge miss also, he gives us so much go forward the rest of the pack will certainly need to step up a fair bit.

Having said that we should still have too much but Fev will be really looking forward to this one and who knows what might happen? The Fev coaching staff will have made their players well aware that Hull haven't lost a Challenge Cup tie since 2015 and if they can beat the current back to back cup holders it would be a massive achievement and boost for the club.

I can certainly see it being ugly with a fair bit of biff not being ruled out.

I wonder if they'll target my hero...:huh: :ohmy:


         SL Steve Prescott Man of Steel 2016 - Danny Houghton  SL Top Gun 2016/2017 - Marc Sneyd (83%/89% goal success)

         SL Hit Man 2016/2017 - Danny Houghton (1,289/1,123 tackles)  SL Club of the Year 2016 - Hull FC

         SL Coach of the Year 2016 - Lee Radford   RL Challenge Cup Winners 2016/2017 - Hull FC

 

                                                                      All in all, not a bad couple of years, I suppose...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Had Hull been at full strength then I might have agreed with you but we're missing both first choice half backs who are crucial to getting us around the park. Kelly and Sneyd look like they'll be out for at least a month each and Sneyd's injury may well be season ending. Jordan Abdul would have been an ideal replacement but he's also out for a considerable time. Scott Taylor is a huge miss also, he gives us so much go forward the rest of the pack will certainly need to step up a fair bit.

Having said that we should still have too much but Fev will be really looking forward to this one and who knows what might happen? The Fev coaching staff will have made their players well aware that Hull haven't lost a Challenge Cup tie since 2015 and if they can beat the current back to back cup holders it would be a massive achievement and boost for the club.

I can certainly see it being ugly with a fair bit of biff not being ruled out.

I wonder if they'll target my hero...:huh: :ohmy:

Steve Reed?

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

'Tis on the BBC so I think you could hazard a guess they ain't gonna travel over to North America to show it.

Here's confirmation...

https://warringtonwolves.com/fixtures/

Thanks for clarifying that, OF.  The BBC's own RL webpage seems to be trying very hard not to admit this!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All away except Catalan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Eleftherios said:

Steve Reed?

I said hero not idol.

  • Haha 1

         SL Steve Prescott Man of Steel 2016 - Danny Houghton  SL Top Gun 2016/2017 - Marc Sneyd (83%/89% goal success)

         SL Hit Man 2016/2017 - Danny Houghton (1,289/1,123 tackles)  SL Club of the Year 2016 - Hull FC

         SL Coach of the Year 2016 - Lee Radford   RL Challenge Cup Winners 2016/2017 - Hull FC

 

                                                                      All in all, not a bad couple of years, I suppose...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

THURSDAY 10th MAY
Featherstone Rovers v Hull FC Hull by 10

FRIDAY 11th MAY
Huddersfield Giants v Wakefield Trinity Waki by 4
Leigh Centurions v Salford Red Devils  Salford by 16 
Widnes Vikings v Leeds Rhinos Widnes by 10

SATURDAY 12th MAY 2018
Catalans Dragons v Whitehaven Catalans by 30
Castleford Tigers v St Helens Cas by 9

SUNDAY 13th MAY 2018
Hull Kingston Rovers v Wigan Warriors Wigan by 16 
Toronto Wolfpack v Warrington Wolves Wolves by 32

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, muckymunksy said:

THURSDAY 10th MAY
Featherstone Rovers v Hull FC Hull by 10

FRIDAY 11th MAY
Huddersfield Giants v Wakefield Trinity Waki by 4
Leigh Centurions v Salford Red Devils  Salford by 16 
Widnes Vikings v Leeds Rhinos Widnes by 10

SATURDAY 12th MAY 2018
Catalans Dragons v Whitehaven Catalans by 30
Castleford Tigers v St Helens Cas by 9

SUNDAY 13th MAY 2018
Hull Kingston Rovers v Wigan Warriors Wigan by 16 
Toronto Wolfpack v Warrington Wolves Wolves by 32

If we only lose to Hull by 10 we wlll have done ok 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...