Batley v Dewsbury

RogerT

Hi there Fred, as I said I could only rely on what Radio Leeds lads where seeing and saying, I will be able to judge for myself next week.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

Refs are destroying this game... 

It wasn't just in our game either. I was absolutely appalled by the standard of officiating this weekend in all of the games. As EB stated, Igbinidion's obstruction was one of the worst I've ever seen and was ultimately the difference between the sides. Every time we lost the ball, it was knocked on and every time they lost it, it had been stripped. 

As much as I do not really like Rochdale, I thought they were on the end of a hiding by the officials too.

15 hours ago, Chairman LMAO said:

Congratulations to Dewsbury. You scraped home by 2 points against Batley reserves.

Bad bad form Chairman. 

Take your defeat on the chin like we have had to do. The game was a good tussle and your 'reserves' put up a good show, but you should accept that we had five five front line players missing from that game.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

1 hour ago, DOGFATHER said:

It wasn't just in our game either. I was absolutely appalled by the standard of officiating this weekend in all of the games. As EB stated, Igbinidion's obstruction was one of the worst I've ever seen and was ultimately the difference between the sides. Every time we lost the ball, it was knocked on and every time they lost it, it had been stripped. 

As much as I do not really like Rochdale, I thought they were on the end of a hiding by the officials too.

We got penalised 3 times for ball stripping?

21 hours ago, RogerT said:

For one reason or another there are 13 missing today at this moment in time.

Scott

Tomlinson

Smeaton

Crookes

I Farrell

Sowerby

Gledhill

Leak

Rowe

Bretherton

I Farrell

Day

Subs

Butterworth

Ward 

Holland

Harrison

So Roger which 13 players would you take out to accommodate the 13 players you allegedly have injured?

12 minutes ago, graham fisher said:

Scott

Tomlinson

Smeaton

Crookes

I Farrell

Sowerby

Gledhill

Leak

Rowe

Bretherton

I Farrell

Day

Subs

Butterworth

Ward 

Holland

Harrison

So Roger which 13 players would you take out to accommodate the 13 players you allegedly have injured?

Well one of the l Farrells to begin with! 

58 minutes ago, graham fisher said:

Scott

Tomlinson

Smeaton

Crookes

I Farrell

Sowerby

Gledhill

Leak

Rowe

Bretherton

I Farrell

Day

Subs

Butterworth

Ward 

Holland

Harrison

Reittie and ainscough , patch and Dom , lillycrop and brownie . and Danny cowling would all make my 17 before some of this 17

IMG_0583.JPG

Hi there Graham,

All the players down as injured are what are officially so, then Cowling was not available this week, Hemingway due to sickness, until I'm informed otherwise they stay on the injured list, I think Holland played whilst injured yesterday to give us a full squad of 19.

Of course not forgetting Johnie Campbell and Danny Bravo both who have been out all season.

Cheers Roger.

PS please see my Player Stats on the forum. The players in red are the injured ones, Hemingway and Cowling have notes at the side of them, thus making 13.

With not being at the match yesterday I can't nor neither want to make that an excuse for Batley loosing, just the nature of the beast.

:imsohappy:

10 minutes ago, RogerT said:

With not being at the match yesterday I can't nor neither want to make that an excuse for Batley loosing, just the nature of the beast.

i can rog..stick brownie and manning in and its game changed.stick dom and retts in you get a lift too. we have players out its no big deal, i dident think with those out we would get much, but we did play some dumb stuff at times,looked at some highlights and it looks even worse in late stages a game, a drop would a done but wardy was wide open and would a fell over line but ball went to smeets and that were it.cant knock the lads as it looked hard work out on that pitch, dews did some real pacey hard yards stuff and if they keep the niggly stuff out will upset a few more yet in 2018, ref did make some howlers and baffled me and same in other games but thats easy done so onwards and upwards, got a suntan too.:sungum:

6 hours ago, DOGFATHER said:

Every time?

Give it a go yourself, I'm sure you will be great.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

8 hours ago, DOGFATHER said:

Winners win and losers blame the ref.

No not always WakefieldRam, read some of the gracious defeated posts, yes there are those that blame the officials same at your club.

Let me say I listened to the whole match on Radio Leeds and Karl Harrison and the other guy where amazed at some of the decisions both ways.

Don't get too carried away just yet it's one apiece in the league matches, just the return match to come.

And then the match in the 8's. Still lots come yet.

Having seen the recording just now wasnt in attendance or watched live (Scarborough) I've no probs with Jack Smith.

You can' get passed the missing personnel for an attacking product.

The new lads were greatly received and will only improve. A couple of penalties weren' justified and possibly looked illegal in game time simply because of the farrell aggression.

Not liking the kick and hope to corners.

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Can't understand why we never seem to jump for/challenge for the kicks to the corners.  We always seem to wait for an opponent to catch it then tackle him.  If we contested it and had other players following up who knows what may come of it?

With regard to our young/inexperienced players yesterday, I thought everyone of them did well and look forward to seeing their ongoing development in the future.

5 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Every time?

Give it a go yourself, I'm sure you will be great.

In fairness, even with my guide dog tied up outside the ground and my peg leg snapped in two, I still wouldn't have missed that sodding obstruction. 

Bessie Smith spotted it, and she died in the 1930s. 

If he can't spot those, it is about time he packs it in. Really what is the point in having them at all? You might as well allow the players of both sides decide what is right or wrong between themselves, it wouldn't be any worse.

The experienced refs have left in droves and been replaced by inept individuals. We have 2 clowns responsible for it and nobody has questioned them as to why all of experienced refs have left amid allegations of bullying and harassment.

The ptb often resembles the orgy scene from the film Caligula, there is so much lying on.

The game is stopped every time a player lays down for a rest, injured or not.

More and more games are being decided by poor officials.

I don't know about you, but I don't want to watch a game that is decided by a 2hat with a whistle. You might as well decide the result on the coin toss and do away with the 80 minutes of play, so we can get to bar sooner without the feeling we have been robbed.

On 5/27/2018 at 7:19 PM, Chairman LMAO said:

Congratulations to Dewsbury. You scraped home by 2 points against Batley reserves.

A bit disrespectful, Batley reserves? Them Batley reserves as you call them put your more experienced players on the field to shame. Btw we had Sheriffe, Worrincy, Ward, Moore and Spicer out,we also lost Michael Knowles early on,Paul Sykes still isn't 100% fit and he was probably best player on pitch.

I also think Faz needs to concentrate on his own game instead of try to be a minder for his little brother.

Archived