Batley v Dewsbury

RogerT

This could be a good match with Dewsbury earning a credible draw against Fax and us earning a scrappy win.

So we will see who is riding the donkeys and who is building sand castles.

Enjoy those who's going.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, RogerT said:

This could be a good match with Dewsbury earning a credible draw against Fax and us earning a scrappy win.

So we will see who is riding the donkeys and who is building sand castles.

Enjoy those who's going.

Might give you a game after all. ooking forward to a drink with our puppy friends.

we need to be much more clinical, way too many handling error's yesterday, and too much 1 man rugby, we looked good when we gave the ball some air, Rams earned a good point at Fax yesterday so they will be up for this game, just hope we are.

to be fair i doubt we got outa second gear yesterday, we miss brownie in middle with those extra hard yards/offloads and plenty a biff. not sure how ainey is and chandler were limping too, one or two others looked to be playing with knocks and were glad to see wardy made the ha check as that fella is massive for us. weres hemingway got to  ??whos due back for us for weekend is anyones guess so will wait and see.with no retts or manning owt can happen but so long as beers cold and suns out am not too fussed, but we need to field best we can and rough the shams up ready for there down to earth game with fev week after...:download::butcher:

due to the Quality of guys we have missing...and quite a few under performing....also the match being Dewsbury's Cup Final.....they raise their game and we do not......its in the bag for the rams again .....

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

2 hours ago, Batley Bob said:

Leaky and Day were rested yesterday , don't know how far away from being fit are brownie , reittie , manning , Holland , Lillycrop 

Tomlinson will probably replace Ainscough

I'd prefer Scott on the wing and Little Farrell at fb.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

I’d.be looking for a winger this week on loan we lacked pace yesterday for their both try’s I also thought we lacked energy and composure with the ball at times but it’s always gonna happen when we play the same opponents twice in 8 days 

dewsbury will come strong but it’s gonna be down to how we handle the first 25/30 minutes 

1 hour ago, graham fisher said:

Our cup final? 

OK quarter final Graham, your no way good enough to get to the final :onthequiet:

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Not going to be too easy imo but I think we'll beat them by more than two scores

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Soft props petulant pivots and few average Joe's. Start strong and don' give them cheap penalties and we will avenge last year's bore fest

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

3 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

Not going to be too easy imo but I think we'll beat them by more than two scores

I'll take 40 start if you're offering it PM.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

So we have jack smith and Ben Thaler as official,s 

Championship

BATLEY BULLDOGS V DEWSBURY RAMS  

Sunday 27th May  
Bloomfield Road, Blackpool. | KO : 17:30 

Referee J. Smith
Touch Judge 1 C. Etchells
Touch Judge 2 D. Ward
Reserve Referee C. Worsley
Reserve Touch Judge J. Stearne
Video Referee B. Thaler
M Com N. Robinson
Time Keeper K. Leyland

IMG_0583.JPG

After hearing more about our injuries, I really can't see how we will win this one. If what I have heard is correct, we will be without Brambani, Walker, Brown, Manning, Ainscough, Rettie, Lillicrop and Holland. Apparently Davey also picked up a knock and is doubtful as well.

I'd have a fiver on Dewsbury off scratch, based on that we have no chance.

I presume Hemmingway will come in, but it will be a case of, if you can walk, you're in the 17.

chandler were limping a bit too so might a been playing with a knock..not looking good at all by sounds a things. squires seems to be still knocking around a few games of late,,,?

19 minutes ago, RogerT said:

Don't panic, don't panic Mr Mannering all will be well.

am sure  fev will lend us sherlock n jd,:codemafia: that wagga fella looks fit too to grab a shirt for us..:mail:

Young Faz at full- back? He's flourishing in the halves now, crisp, direct passing which we haven't had for a while, hard to put down when he's dancing, leave him in the halves, at 19 he has to have the beating of 35 yr old Sykes and maybe Speakman. I'm really surprised that we haven't gone into the loan market for wings 5 weeks ago, several knocking around who aren't getting games, JC still not in the frame, should have gone for Caro when the rumour abounded. Add Bravo to the injured list, are we ever going to see him play? Agreed with giving him this season, but then to go down again looks like the back of him.

Archived