28-29 Jul: The Betfred Championship Match Thread

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, BilboJeggings said:

Middle 8s will be far more interesting than the super 8s.

In super 8s the only thing to play for is to avoid an away semi at St Helens, unless Huddersfield can win 3 more games than Warrington and overturn a huge points difference disadvantage.

Hopefully SKY will switch over from covering some of the Super 8s games so that they can show more of the Qualifiers.

Well done Toronto, Toulouse, London and Halifax. Wonder what the odds was that them 4 would be the top 4?

With a budget of less than 400k, Halifax have again performed a miracle. I think having a Reserve Grade, has been a big reason they have reached the top 4 again.

London like Fax have looked to bring some local lads through and good to see them in the top 4 again. A few people didnt give them much chance.

I can only see Toronto in with a chance of SL though the other 3 are good enough to Grab a shock win against a SL team early on. Sadly I dont see being able to match the SL teams and Toronto week in week out to make SL. But hope to be proved wrong!

2 minutes ago, Lounge Room Lizard said:

Well done Toronto, Toulouse, London and Halifax. Wonder what the odds was that them 4 would be the top 4?

With a budget of less than 400k, Halifax have again performed a miracle. I think having a Reserve Grade, has been a big reason they have reached the top 4 again.

London like Fax have looked to bring some local lads through and good to see them in the top 4 again. A few people didnt give them much chance.

I can only see Toronto in with a chance of SL though the other 3 are good enough to Grab a shock win against a SL team early on. Sadly I dont see being able to match the SL teams and Toronto week in week out to make SL. But hope to be proved wrong!

Well, 3 out of 4 were predictable (at least I did).

I went for (in order)

Toronto
Leigh
London
Toulouse
Featherstone
Halifax
Batley
Dewsbury
Sheffield
Barrow
Rochdale
Swinton

9 times out of 10 you follow the money. Fax have defied that logic and well done to them.

If Toronto get into the top 3 then I wouldn't want to the SL club (presumably Salford) facing a one off game against London or Toulouse. 

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

9 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

I wonder whether not making the Top 4 will affect Featherstones plans for next year? I’m pretty sure they’d have budgeted to be there

Looking like it re the rumour mill

11 minutes ago, londonrlfan said:

Literally never met anyone who pronounces it that way. More like 'Lundun' 

Two words - "Ray" and "Winstone".

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, bamfordsbeans said:

As well as the difference in funding between the top 4 and the rest,Featherstone and Leigh are going to have meaningless fixtures against the other 6 teams.This is bound to have a dramatic affect on attendances.

Hang on, what happened to "every minute counts"???
Was it written on a bus?

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

Well done London - I thought they'd gone a couple of months ago.

What's the capacity of the ground? I assume once those wheeled stands are pulled behind the sticks, the main stand sold out and the tent at the other end is full, there will still be plenty of standing room around the perimeter fence? You'd like to think their home games will attract a few thousand.

38 minutes ago, londonrlfan said:

Literally never met anyone who pronounces it that way. More like 'Lundun' 

Seriously? Everyone South of Bawtry says landan progressing to lahhhhhndahhhhn the further South you go.

Lundun couldn't be more northern if it was wearing a cloth cap and was jiggling a ferret around in its trousers.

8 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

Seriously? Everyone South of Bawtry says landan progressing to lahhhhhndahhhhn the further South you go.

Lundun couldn't be more northern if it was wearing a cloth cap and was jiggling a ferret around in its trousers.

Well I am from the north... of London. ? Only really Cockneys would say Laandaan, but they don't really exist anymore. 

Archived