which leeds players need to be shown the door 1st?

to save any further embarrassment who should be booted out 1st at leeds?

1st 6 on my list 

ferres

walters

jjb

myler

sutcliffe

Goulding 

too old. not good enough, never will be good enough , never were good enough in no particular order

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ferres reminds me of one of those 40-something boxers fighting in a nightclub failing to relive former glories. A sorry sight.

Walters tries hard but is barely Championship standard.

JJB needs to move on as man cannot live on good intentions alone.

Myler needs to look up the meaning of the words ‘organising’ and ‘halfback’.

7 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Myler. 

I can’t believe he’s made a professional career out of this game. Couldn’t organise a drink in a brewery and just an utter nothing player. 

was stunned leeds wanted him in the 1st place, utter nothing is just right- Hetherington must be held to account for a lot of these bad recruitment decisions too.

10 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Myler. 

I can’t believe he’s made a professional career out of this game. Couldn’t organise a drink in a brewery and just an utter nothing player. 

I was at the game yesterday and was shocked at the lack of organisation from Leeds.

Wire were attacking from all angles but Leeds simply couldn’t be bothered.

It almost makes me annoyed how such a big club as Leeds can play like a pub side. It’s an insult to the game.

Far be it from me to suggest who should lose their jobs but I couldn't help but notice, not only on Sunday but on other occasions where Leeds games have been televised, that certain players are playing without any passion or heart and simply going through the motions. Very unlike the Leeds legends born out of the SL era. 

Leeds have become Hull circa-2008. Lost their main players and haven't found any replacements (gone for cheap options).

We had a good four years of that. Pretty sure we had a Hetherington at the helm, too. I await Richard Agar to come in and replace Lowes and all will be complete.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

10 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Leeds have become Saints. After losing the players of a generation in the likes of Sinfield, Leuluai, McGuire, Burrow, Peacock etc, they’ve let them all go at a similar time and never had a strategic plan in place for such an event. 

You're so categorical in your opinions...have you proof of the above?

10 minutes ago, East of the Moon said:

You're so categorical in your opinions...have you proof of the above?

think he means long Cunningham newlove Sullivan Sculthorpe joynt etc etc etc 

55 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Leeds have become Hull circa-2008. Lost their main players and haven't found any replacements (gone for cheap options).

We had a good four years of that. Pretty sure we had a Hetherington at the helm, too. I await Richard Agar to come in and replace Lowes and all will be complete.

Haha nice one, Richard Agar stepping in to sort out the shambles would probably make my decade!

I think the very soft Leeds pack is getting off pretty lightly here. Cuthbertson and Singleton didn't trouble us at any point.

I don't think I realised Handley was playing until I looked it up just now.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

28 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

I think the very soft Leeds pack is getting off pretty lightly here. Cuthbertson and Singleton didn't trouble us at any point.

I think a good gauge would be if JJB, Walters, Ablett, Ferres and maybe even Singleton were currently out on dual reg in the Championship would they be worrying the opposition? 

Ferres has had it. He is barely even a shadow of the player he was at Huddersfield. 

I have a lot of time for JJB. He seems a genuine top bloke and he gives his all every time he takes the field, but again he just doesnt have it anymore at the top level. 

Walters is a total mystery to me. I don't think I have ever seen a more pointless player. He is seemingly just there to fill a shirt. I genuinely don't think he would be anything more than average at League 1 level.

Those would be my first 3. There are others like Handley and Golding who are useful squad players but shouldn't be anything more than that.

I wouldn't chuck out JJB. Plays with heart. And Leeds need some old heads to maintain order over the next 12 months.

Some of the young lads will become great in time, and I'd back Oledzki to have a wow season next year. But, really, given the raw athletic talent in Yorkshire, you'd think the talent scouts at Headingley would have started finding the next golden generation by now. Poor show on that front.

11 hours ago, Just Browny said:

Handley went off injured to be fair.

I don't think Cuthbertson is a pro, he plays far better as a LF

A bit harsh on Myler.  He has never been an organising half back and has never pretended to be one.   His strengths were his support play, running and surprisingly some decent defensive technique.

When Leeds signed him I expected a classic half back to be signed alongside him, but he got a very decent centre instead.   It makes me chuckle now when I think of how the Sky team were massively bigging up the new Leeds half-back partnership in the first game of the season based on a couple of high bombs they put up.

“There is perhaps no better a demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world.”   Carl Sagan

Peacock carried the Leeds pack, look at his stats he did the work of 2 players with 25 hit ups a game and 200m made along with 40 odd tackles a game. The stats off the likes of Bailey, Cuthbertson and all the others are a joke in comparison.  The last Grand Final was really an amazing performance from McGuire, an organising half back!

The replacing of him and Burrows with Myler really is a disgrace and whoever is in charge of player recruitment and planning needs to lose their job!

Leeds have lost their soul with McGuire and Burrows going. JJB is the only one left and the guy is obviously struggling on his own.

Joel Moon is a fine player but didnt seem to fancy Tackling and he wasnt on his own...flailing arms everywhere...no one going low.

Pack second best all game...Warrington did them a favour as Les Cats on current form would Muller them up the middle!

1 hour ago, Chrispmartha said:

Handley went off injured to be fair.

I don't think Cuthbertson is a pro, he plays far better as a LF

I was about to post separately but the Leeds Physio needs to go.. I was behind the sticks that leeds were defending in the first half... for about 10 minutes the physio was on and off looking at Handley's shoulder... it was hanging by his side like it was dead (i first assumed a "stinger" but then maybe an a/c [know what thats like] as seemed to have no ability to hold it properly)... pointed it out to my son next to me and was chatting to the leeds fans infront about it.. also texted a mate sitting on the opposite side of the ground saying "if murdoch massilla has spotted this he could have some joy" low and behold about 1 minute later through he went and scored... Handley should have gone off way before and replaced by anyone else to act as a body in the way if nothing else as Handley couldnt even act as a speed bump in that condition! we could tell from the stands he was not in a good way, why the physio was prepared to leave him on and check him "on the go" is beyond me.. get him off, use up a sub (it happens) and check him out properly.. if he comes back on it isnt really a waste, if he stays off you would have used that sub anyway!

(let alone the fact that for 2 out of 3 seasons they have had massive injury problems and yes its a physical sport but the conditioning and treatment has to be looked at at some point with that sort of record.. cant just be bad luck twice in 3 seasons)

17 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

to save any further embarrassment who should be booted out 1st at leeds?

1st 6 on my list 

ferres

walters

jjb

myler

sutcliffe

Goulding 

too old. not good enough, never will be good enough , never were good enough in no particular order

Sutcliffe still has a future IMO. Hard to disagree with the rest and would probably add Mullally, Handley, Ablett and Delaney to that list. 

Archived