West Wales points deduction

Clogiron

See on the RFL website they have been deducted four points for fielding ineligible players on numerous occasions last season,,, you've got to laugh really, can't put out a full team and what they do field some shouldn't be playing anyway! I can't recall a team ever finishing the season on minus points so looks like another record on the way, if they do finish the season that is. Semi-pro RL just keeps going from shambles to shambles.

2 minutes ago, Yorks Tim said:

The points are deducted from their 2018 haul I think.

They'll start 2019 on zero like the rest of us.

Good. Couldn't care less what the doomongers say, there are obviously some people really committed to that club to keep it functioning. Yes they have broken the rules but the right decision has been made taking it from the season they broke the rules in. It is not as if the players in question affected results

Just now, Oliver Clothesoff said:

So not only could they not produce a full side, they couldn’t even name a side with legible players. Sums up their year really. 

There’s always next year I suppose. 

Welsh names DO tend to be hard to spell & read

5 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

We might have won 136-0 on August 11th otherwise... ;) 

Seriously though its done now. Let them crack on with building a competitive team for 2019 - good luck to them!

Totally agree mate, they look to have a reasonable base to be more competitive this year

49 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

So not only could they not produce a full side, they couldn’t even name a side with legible players. Sums up their year really. 

There’s always next year I suppose. 

Yet clubs with over 100 years failed to provide a full match day squads sums up the game below SL.

49 minutes ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

Yet clubs with over 100 years failed to provide a full match day squads sums up the game below SL.

Teams below  Super League are mostly part time, and players have other commitments as well as rugby. and also when financial trouble hits they haven't got the same amount of money that a super league club has, so i don't think its a fair comparison.

4 hours ago, Clogiron said:

See on the RFL website they have been deducted four points for fielding ineligible players on numerous occasions last season,,, you've got to laugh really, can't put out a full team and what they do field some shouldn't be playing anyway! I can't recall a team ever finishing the season on minus points so looks like another record on the way, if they do finish the season that is. Semi-pro RL just keeps going from shambles to shambles.

Didn't Hull FC - post their necessary merger with Gateshead Thunder - play the ineligible Thackray,in the latter stages of the Challenge Cup? Oh.They're elite,and those clubs are perfect - never breach salary caps.Angels.Have complete control of their 'full-time professional' players,on and off the pitch.

2 occasions,one month apart,has led to the loss of money and even more ignominy,which is probably down to an administrative error - unless Thurston shaved his hair and it was him under the headwear - not playing to his potential.

We do seem to have been easy targets.

Hopefully draws this annus horribilis to its debilitating and depressing end.

Merry Christmas to all our detractors.

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

58 minutes ago, Angelic Cynic said:

Didn't Hull FC - post their necessary merger with Gateshead Thunder - play the ineligible Thackray,in the latter stages of the Challenge Cup? Oh.They're elite,and those clubs are perfect - never breach salary caps.Angels.Have complete control of their 'full-time professional' players,on and off the pitch.

2 occasions,one month apart,has led to the loss of money and even more ignominy,which is probably down to an administrative error - unless Thurston shaved his hair and it was him under the headwear - not playing to his potential.

And a Happy New Year to you.

2 hours ago, The Lad said:

Teams below  Super League are mostly part time, and players have other commitments as well as rugby. and also when financial trouble hits they haven't got the same amount of money that a super league club has, so i don't think its a fair comparison.

My criticism is mote about people criticising new clubs when they have problems when clubs in the heartlands mismanage their clubs and fail to provide full squads,I would not moan about new clubs having problems but if esyablished clubs start failing we have a problem.

Fully expect west wales to win a few games next season and to have a full team. This maybe bad for the club having to pay winning pay to more players. Can’t see the crowds improving 

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

31 minutes ago, Londonfan said:

What a joke of a club and the rfl are a joke too. A 4 points deduction from last seasons points ?. That’s not really a punishment that will put them off playing unregistered players again.

I don't think the error was done intentionally.

3 minutes ago, DEANO said:

Fully expect west wales to win a few games next season and to have a full team. This maybe bad for the club having to pay winning pay to more players. Can’t see the crowds improving 

I know it wasn't your intention - but this quite cheered me up.Thanks.?

Statement for West Wales Raiders - https://www.raidersrugbyleague.co.uk/blog/raiders-chairman-talks-about-the-rfl-sanctions

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

3 hours ago, Angelic Cynic said:

Hull paid a record* £60,000 fine with another £40k suspended for a year pending no other breaking of any rules (not just limited to the original error). And with all due respect, Hull signed Thackray believing they did not need to re-register him for the CC. The RFL were meant to send out reminder letters to all clubs about deadlines for registering players before each round, the RFL didn't say anything after JT played in both games, it was actually Widnes who made a noise about it first.

Also there was nothing in the RFLs punishment book that said they should be removed from the comp AFTER the event (IIRC), It was a minor administration error, partly down to the RFL themselves, the fine was utterly ridiculous by comparison to the deliberate cheating of some clubs.

*Wigan 'only' got £50k penalty when they diddled the SC to save them millions of pounds to stay in SL.

And if WW are getting 4 points deducted for 2 ineligible players it makes a mockery of what has gone before!

7 hours ago, thepimp007 said:

Good. Couldn't care less what the doomongers say, there are obviously some people really committed to that club to keep it functioning. Yes they have broken the rules but the right decision has been made taking it from the season they broke the rules in. It is not as if the players in question affected results

So cheating is alright? 

Archived