Season ticket sales

2 hours ago, redjonn said:

well I found the stat interesting comparison... sorry to disappoint 

oh to add... overall I don't give a "rats ass" about the NRL... but I don't mind the input and interest.

No disapointment mate, enjoy what you want.

Do you compare Super League numbers against Football numbers or Rugby Union  numbers or any other Sport.

Having an AFL Troll spruick his propaganda does nothing for me.

I see no point.

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Percentage increases are all well and good but are useless if you don't know the original figure.

I went to Gloucester All Golds a few years ago with Hunslet and was talking to a lovely women in the bar after who was part of the set up. We were talking about the future development etc of Gloucester and she stated that there had been a 50% increase in season ticket sales from last season. I asked her how many they had sold.  The answer was 15 which was indeed 50% up on the ten from the season before.

4 hours ago, Allora said:

No disapointment mate, enjoy what you want.

Do you compare Super League numbers against Football numbers or Rugby Union  numbers or any other Sport.

Having an AFL Troll spruick his propaganda does nothing for me.

I see no point.

you may be right, but it put into perspective the NRL's primary competitor. 

I do think its interesting awareness how RU are doing against RL.   Not other sports such as soccer as I don't see them in the competitive space.

I wasn't aware he was a AFL troll....

6 hours ago, Omott91 said:

My membership, as is with all nrl club memberships I believe, allocates a certain number of games you can attend. Mine is for 6 games, of which I went to 5 of those 6 games. I also get the usual hat, stickers, lanyards. Do you receive the same kind of gear over there?

I’ve been a Leeds season ticket holder for many years. 

I think I’m right in saying for nearly all clubs in the UK the only option is you get a season ticket for every game or you don’t. We don’t seem to have a membership that includes 6 games like you do in Aus, which seems odd as anyone who works shifts which are not your usual Mon-Fri 9-5 will be ruled out.

No merchandise is included in the Leeds season ticket, just a £5 voucher for the club shop.

why would anyone buy a season ticket these days when sky kick the fixtures around their schedule with such dis regard for the working fan? with work shifts and patterns all over the place for the modern worker who can gamble if a games on thurs, fri , sat or sun?

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

49 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

I think I’m right in saying for nearly all clubs in the UK the only option is you get a season ticket for every game or you don’t. We don’t seem to have a membership that includes 6 games like you do in Aus, which seems odd as anyone who works shifts which are not your usual Mon-Fri 9-5 will be ruled out.

No merchandise is included in the Leeds season ticket, just a £5 voucher for the club shop.

Warrington regularly as the season goes sell season ticket in blocks of 6 ,they havr done it for years.

4 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

The link below covers the Brisbane Broncos packages, it is typical of many of the other Clubs offerings.

https://membership.broncos.com.au/packages

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

11 hours ago, Omott91 said:

My membership, as is with all nrl club memberships I believe, allocates a certain number of games you can attend. Mine is for 6 games, of which I went to 5 of those 6 games. I also get the usual hat, stickers, lanyards. Do you receive the same kind of gear over there?

Sadly not in my clubs case. I’d like a hat! 

4 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

why would anyone buy a season ticket these days when sky kick the fixtures around their schedule with such dis regard for the working fan? with work shifts and patterns all over the place for the modern worker who can gamble if a games on thurs, fri , sat or sun?

It’s a fair point (obviously not an issue outside SL). TV mucking around with match days is one of the reasons my dad after 60 years stopped getting a ST for his footie team. 

11 hours ago, Omott91 said:

I seem to recall a few years ago we (Hull) did a half season ticket when we got to the mid point of the season. Not sure if its been done in the last few years though.

We don't get actual merchandise with the membership but we get discounts off stuff in club shop and get a fob to use at loads of restaurants and stores around the city to get discounts. Also can get into signings and members only events and get money off finals tickets and that sort of thing. It is really good value for money in my opinion. 

15 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Saints do a 'Half Season' ticket option. Not sure of the details but I think they become available around June time

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

A couple of years ago I bought a "pick your games" 6 match season ticket. 

The reason I did so is that I can't make Thursdays or Fridays, so I thought I'd pick out the Sunday games. But then a lot of the games scheduled for Sundays got brought back to the Thurs/Fri for tv, so I ended up only going to 3 matches. In the end the mini-season ticket was terrible value for money.

This season, Wire's fixtures are scheduled as follows:
3 on a Thursday, 14 on a Friday, 8 on a Saturday, 3 on a Sunday and 1 on a Monday.
That's before sky tv start moving schedules, so there's no incentive for me to buy even a mini-season ticket. There's just no consistency and lots of uncertainty.

I realise that Fridays will be the best day for some people so I know I'm looking at it selfishly, but my mini-case study might just help to explain the decline in attendances, in particular for travelling fans.

The (overwhelming) lack of away support at the HJ was startling last year, whereas when we first moved into the stadium many clubs would virtually fill the away end on a Sunday afternoon. 

I know the club did a fans' consultation a couple of years ago but they didn't actually publish the statistical outcomes from it, they just concluded that fans wanted "a mix of Fridays and Sundays". So why has the schedule swung so strongly towards Fridays? I suspect the corporate shilling might be a bigger factor than the wishes of the fans.

1 hour ago, Leeds Wire said:

I know the club did a fans' consultation a couple of years ago but they didn't actually publish the statistical outcomes from it, they just concluded that fans wanted "a mix of Fridays and Sundays". So why has the schedule swung so strongly towards Fridays? I suspect the corporate shilling might be a bigger factor than the wishes of the fans.

This question was asked at one of the Saints fans forums a few years ago and the club basically said that they could get more corporate income from Friday night games than they could from Sunday games. The increase in corporate far outweighed the potential loss of income from reduced fan numbers.

They also recognised that Friday nights posed problems for some fans in terms of travel, however Fridays were least likely to clash with other local sporting games (namely football) so wouldn't force fans to choose between attending / watching.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

17 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

And...

• 50% off your 2019 Magic Weekend ticket
  • Buy Backs scheme for games you can’t attend. Can’t make a game? List your spot for Buy Backs and you’ll get a match credit to redeem against future tickets and travel if your spot sells
  • ‘Bring A Friend for Free’ Voucher (selected fixtures only – to be confirmed when 2019 fixtures are released)
  • £5 voucher for Leeds Rhinos Retail
  • Free travel to one away League fixture
  • Discounts & priority booking for non-League and Cup games
  • Leeds Rhinos Crash Card - get discounts on loads of great restaurants, shops and days out across the UK
  • Free copy of the Official 2019 Club Handbook

1 hour ago, Gorbals said:

And...

• Buy Backs scheme for games you can’t attend. Can’t make a game? List your spot for Buy Backs and you’ll get a match credit to redeem against future tickets and travel if your spot sells
  • ‘Bring A Friend for Free’ Voucher (selected fixtures only – to be confirmed when 2019 fixtures are released)
  • Leeds Rhinos Crash Card - get discounts on loads of great restaurants, shops and days out across the UK

I'll pass on the Club Handbook, but otherwise Leeds are making a good first of it surely?

From a fans perspective then I would suggest that pi$$ing around with the schedule it the biggest downer.  For my 2pennyworth, games should be Sunday, 1 game lunchtime, 1 late afternoon, and a Monday game on tv. No late changes, dates and time well in advance.

Plus an extended CC, earlyish season competition on BBC. No loops.

Thursday night game's are wrong on so many levels and Friday nights seem to be the choice for corporate sales so on many occasions there's no SL on the Sunday. The first two are Sky's, the paymasters, choice it seems so despite what the fan's may desire it's unlikely to change, however is there a opportunity for the non SL club's to push their Sunday game's and attract SL supporters with offer's for season ticket holders etc, I may have seen something of this sort offered so don't claim it as a new idea or anything but there are floating supporters out there who just like to watch a game on Sunday so maybe more could be done to attract them.

22 minutes ago, scotchy1 said:

Up against football for the majority of the year?

Friday nights are the best for a stadium like Headingley imo. Its only a couple of miles outside the city and many go to games on their way out of the city or on their way in. Certainly from a corporate point of view its much easier to sell on a Friday that other days.

Personally Sundays would be the day I would be least likely to attend.

All true and everyone if course has special pleading.

But whatever we do is up against football, and it's because of football we are messed about with.  

I wonder if the bubble will burst with football on satellite TV?

9 hours ago, Gorbals said:
On 1/8/2019 at 5:14 PM, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

And...

Strange the previous poster, a longstanding* Leeds fan doesn't know this - or indeed about the mini season tickets for X number of games which were available a few years ago, or indeed the different Gold/Silver/Bronze options which have been around for years and which scale up or down the benefits as appropriate.

*as a long-time member of rlfans I say this with reservations

On 1/8/2019 at 6:46 AM, Omott91 said:

I'm a Knights member and have been for several years. It would be interesting to know of the people who visit this forum, who are members (season ticket holders) of their  supported clubs and which clubs they are?

I picked up the early bird season ticket for Fev this year. Couldn't go wrong for £150 all in after spending £18/£20 on most home games last season.

Archived