Jump to content

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, ghost crayfish said:

I'm not massively surprised he's been dropped. Some of his defensive efforts and positioning is really poor. Not NRL standard at times. He's a very good ball runner, but he needs to get better in those areas or shift back to the wing. 

I was going to say this too, he has been pretty terrible defensively. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He was what, 16 maybe just turned 17 years old the day he played against Sts, he’s still only 19 years old now! He stands 6’6” and as a youngster he hadn’t then and still hasn’t yet grown into hi

Ryan Sutton outstanding for canberra this morning . Three men down , two of them forwards he stood up and put in a tremendous shift . Nice try from Williams , Hodgson was prominent , but the Raiders u

We have had our best team England for a long time and will have played Australia once at home in 7 years by the time the 2020 series comes around. That is ridiculous and the administrators of both cou

Posted Images

I think it's harsh to say Isaako has been poor defensively, who hasn't been in the Broncos this year.

He has been the most dangerous player the Broncos have had for me, at least he worries the opposition defence every now and again unlike the rest of their spine.

But I am happy to see Farnworth get a run.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, The Rocket said:

Agreed, his problems have absolutely nothing to do with confidence, i.e. ridiculous captains challenge, kicking out from kick-off on full, letting Dufty get underneath him for try and there was another I can`t put my finger on, but a player who lacks the ability to stay focused for the whole 80 minutes. I had big hopes for him when he first came onto the scene but at this stage he is nowhere near a first grade full-back and I`m starting to wonder whether he lacks the ability to be focused enough to play first grade.

His positioning issues certainly seem to be caused, or exacerbated, by a lack of focus and concentration. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DavidM said:

How does Herbie get back in the England fold ? 

The injury to Josh Griffin may have an effect.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Dunbar said:

I think it's harsh to say Isaako has been poor defensively, who hasn't been in the Broncos this year.

He has been the most dangerous player the Broncos have had for me, at least he worries the opposition defence every now and again unlike the rest of their spine.

But I am happy to see Farnworth get a run.

 

True, but it's also the fullback's job to organise the defensive line...

I don't want him dropped forevermore, he does plenty of good things too. But it's fair to say there's areas he needs to improve on to cement a fullback spot. Throw in that absolute shocker last week, and I'm not surprised he's dropped.

Now the chance is Farnworth's and I'm excited to see what he's got there.

Edited by ghost crayfish
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, burnleywelsh said:

And Wane is being a complete prat in ostrasizing Farnworth. Obviously Lynne is a better prospect than Farnworth. Not.

As I've said before, not picking Farnworth angers me so much. What the hell is wrong with Wane? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Cumbrian Mackem said:

Dom young starting for the knights and scoring.

Should have scored a second then… he was through Mitchell’s tackle just before half time; loose carry.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GeordieSaint said:

Should have scored a second then… he was through Mitchell’s tackle just before half time; loose carry.

Young Young had a solid first half. Finished well for his try and should’ve had a second if Best hadn’t bombed a simple 2 on 1. Young also had that chance at the end, although there were covering defenders so it wasn’t a clear cut chance. 

He’s had some good hit ups, although has been exposed a couple of times on the outside but Souths couldn’t make it stick. Overall, promising game

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

Young Young had a solid first half. Finished well for his try and should’ve had a second if Best hadn’t bombed a simple 2 on 1. Young also had that chance at the end, although there were covering defenders so it wasn’t a clear cut chance. 

He’s had some good hit ups, although has been exposed a couple of times on the outside but Souths couldn’t make it stick. Overall, promising game

Agree he has looked pretty good.  I also think he is a better (right) centre then he is winger as his hands are very good as well.  Although I expect he is glad he is not defending that Souths left side attack!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Coates ruled out in the warm up for the Broncos so a reshuffle has seen Farnworth on to the wing.  Pity, I was looking forward to seeing him at full back.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Alan Robertson said:

As I've said before, not picking Farnworth angers me so much. What the hell is wrong with Wane? 

Well, he's the England manager and quite rightly he set his standards and apparently Farnworth dipped below them. Shouldn't these young lads learn they need to follow rules - especially if they want to represent their country?

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

Well, he's the England manager and quite rightly he set his standards and apparently Farnworth dipped below them. Shouldn't these young lads learn they need to follow rules - especially if they want to represent their country?

Which part of Wane's criteria did Farnworth fail to meet?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/06/2021 at 18:44, DavidM said:

How does Herbie get back in the England fold ? 

Just keep playing and improving for the next couple of years. Hes very young. I suspect he'll get his chance for quite a few caps.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dunbar said:

Agree he has looked pretty good.  I also think he is a better (right) centre then he is winger as his hands are very good as well.  Although I expect he is glad he is not defending that Souths left side attack!

True, although he can’t be any worse defender than Tuala. 

Young Young showed up well in defence in the second half, bar a late missed tackle at the end of the game. Burgess had another pretty ordinary game though 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Alan Robertson said:

Which part of Wane's criteria did Farnworth fail to meet?

No idea - just repeating what the manager said as to why he wasn't picked - obviously an internal issue but the Manager is in charge not the fans.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mr Frisky said:

No idea - just repeating what the manager said as to why he wasn't picked - obviously an internal issue but the Manager is in charge not the fans.

It just sounded like a poor reason, from Wane, hiding behind a generic soundbite.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I heard the commentator say Dom Young will be playing for Jamaica at the World Cup. 

From what I’ve seen his stamina is his biggest challenge. Often appeared out of breath and had some cramp issues with about 10 to go.

Very we’ll taking try though and will continue to learn. 

Edited by Southerner
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...