Jump to content

Brits in the NRL


Recommended Posts

Excellent again from Herbie today . 160 metres , 17 runs , couple of line breaks , a try and some clutch plays at his own end . Very strong peformances consistently now , equal to and often better than Staggs this season . England’s premier centre for me 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites


3 hours ago, Damien said:

Or maybe he had training with the Broncos and couldn't sit there waiting. Maybe the connection dropped just before or he had other technical issues, it happens all the time.

All ifs, buts and maybes, from both points of view, but it seems crazy to jump to conclusions and question his commitment and say playing in the NRL has gone to his head on the back of it.

As I said - if its true. But training above a call from the national manager.....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

As I said - if its true. But training above a call from the national manager.....

Well yes, training would certainly come before sitting about waiting all day and testing connections for a call.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

Excellent again from Herbie today . 160 metres , 17 runs , couple of line breaks , a try and some clutch plays at his own end . Very strong peformances consistently now , equal to and often better than Staggs this season . England’s premier centre for me 

Those stats are meaningless unless we know if he's improved on zoom

  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Damien said:

Well yes, training would certainly come before sitting about waiting all day and testing connections for a call.

From the manager of your country in WC year.......

Edited by Mr Frisky
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

From the manager of your country in WC year.......

The Broncos are his employers so he can't just not turn up for work.

Anyway, this is moot.  Wane is not going to schedule a call with his NRL contingent at a time when they are all likely to be at training.  It would have been scheduled on a non game day either in the evening or eay morning Australian time.

Farnworth was either late or didn't turn up for some reason which wasn't acceptable. Wane wasn't happy and disciplined him.

  • Haha 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Damien said:

 

Its not like an NRL lover to just dismiss all SL players, no matter how good they are, in favour of someone with very little first team experience.....

  • Confused 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

Its not like an NRL lover to just dismiss all SL players, no matter how good they are, in favour of someone with very little first team experience.....

Who has very little first team experience ?

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

Its not like an NRL lover to just dismiss all SL players, no matter how good they are, in favour of someone with very little first team experience.....

48 first team appearances in the toughest Rugby League competition in the world. At what point does does Farnworth get past ‘very little experience’ ?

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Damien said:

Or maybe he had training with the Broncos and couldn't sit there waiting. Maybe the connection dropped just before or he had other technical issues, it happens all the time.

All ifs, buts and maybes, from both points of view, but it seems crazy to jump to conclusions and question his commitment and say playing in the NRL has gone to his head on the back of it.

It’s crazy to jump to conclusions? On a thread with dozens of posts castigating Wane for turning his back on Farnworth for no reason???

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some really weird takes on here regarding Farnworth.  If he was playing this well in Super League we would be praising him and saying he was absolutely playing himself into England contention.   As it happens, he is playing really well in the NRL and is in England contention.

The ironic thing is that the crowd on here that say he is only in the mix because he is playing in the NRL are actually showing that they are only discounting him because he is playing in the NRL... somewhat hypocritical. 

Edited by Dunbar
  • Like 2

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Some really weird takes on here regarding Farnworth.  If he was playing this well in Super League we would be praising him and saying he was absolutely playing himself into England contention.   As it happens, he is playing really well in the NRL and is in contention for England contention.

The ironic thing is that the crowd on here that say he is only in the mix because he is playing in the NRL are actually showing that they are only discounting him because he is playing in the NRL... somewhat hypocritical. 

The simple fact is that apart from Percival,Farnworth is the only other English centre that is currently showing an ability to play to a high level and to stay fit.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Davo5 said:

The simple fact is that apart from Percival,Farnworth is the only other English centre that is currently showing an ability to play to a high level and to stay fit.

I would be trying Welsby there in the England game before going anywhere near Hardaker, Sarginson and Lyne. Percival is in career best form at the moment - he is maturing into an all round player.

Edited by Scubby
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Farnworth is playing well every week against players that are contenders for the Australian, New Zealand and Tonga teams, the other English centres are playing against contenders for the England, Scotland,Wales,France and the combined nations teams, surely that's the difference. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Scubby said:

I would be trying Welsby there in the England game before going anywhere near Hardaker, Sarginson and Lyne. Percival is in career best form at the moment - he is maturing into an all round player.

I’d be trying Ga ry Schofield before Lyne & Sarginson.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Only caught glimpses of this mornings games but looked like Tom burgess had a decent game. Top of the Hard Earned index with about 15 to go, though not sure how that ended up. Also crossed for a good try.

Lifted from nrl.com

  • Thomas Burgess led the way for the Bunnies up front with 186 metres from 16 runs, six tackle breaks and a runaway try that evoked memories of twin brother George's classic solo effort in the 2014 grand final.
  • Like 1

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, EastLondonMike said:

Only caught glimpses of this mornings games but looked like Tom burgess had a decent game. Top of the Hard Earned index with about 15 to go, though not sure how that ended up. Also crossed for a good try.

Lifted from nrl.com

  • Thomas Burgess led the way for the Bunnies up front with 186 metres from 16 runs, six tackle breaks and a runaway try that evoked memories of twin brother George's classic solo effort in the 2014 grand final.

Definitely his best game this year.  He has started a little quiet this year but seemed back on form today.

  • Like 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I thought Burgess had some decent runs last week, but he was great today. Aside from the stats, the last couple of years he's really grown into a leader. He makes yards when they need it, and when he's going well so much of their momentum comes off the back of his work.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Elliott Whitehead needs another week to recover from his facial injury and is ruled out of the Warriors game tomorrow.

But this means Harry Rushton gets another chance from the bench. 

  • Like 2

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, FearTheVee said:

Any centre pairing other than Percival/Farnworth (if both stay fit) would be the wrong call.

If we play a back rower there again I will be livid.

Completely agree. On current form they're definitely the front runners.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Very good from Tom Burgess . Won the hard work index prize , probably a gift voucher , and scored a lovely try followed by a terrible try celebration 

Edited by DavidM
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, barnyia said:

Farnworth is playing well every week against players that are contenders for the Australian, New Zealand and Tonga teams, the other English centres are playing against contenders for the England, Scotland,Wales,France and the combined nations teams, surely that's the difference. 

Yes exactly 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...