Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Cl1998

North Wales predictions

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, wonky said:

Senior looked lightweight and didn’t exactly run the ball out with any conviction. Not sure what Walsh has done to warrant being a level above Scott tbh

Consistently turning up to training probably warrants him being picked first...

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thought we showed glimpses of what we could be but also showed how we struggled with momentem around us, for me Caine barnes,roche,curwen and Singleton all put there hands up

Troy was there today with Clayton, let’s see what develops. Karl I didn’t see but fui was in the dugouts.

young senior didn’t look interested, no turn of pace, too complex to go into tackles and personally too tall for a winger, didn’t look like he could open up a defence, but it was first game and confidence is vital

 

we got the win and Doncaster haven and THUNDER Lost so a big win 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The performance wasn't consistent yesterday which allowed NWC back into it but we have to remember it was only the second game of the season so it is nowt to panic about.  NWC are a handy team too so putting 48 on them is a very good effort. No doubt Leon will work on it for next week.

Penky, a couple of stray passes apart was superb as usual. As was Buffer who's kicking was immaculate, Danny who's long passing was so accurate and he can't have missed a tackle all game. There was plenty of good performances, and just a word for everyone who helped getting DP looking very tidy, looks like it must have been a paintathon. Awesome effort ???

  • Like 2

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, bigapple said:

Tom Curwen superb when came on, hard and straight ,poor team performance on whole, need to play the ball faster ,penky put hell of a shift in today but we need to look after him spell him off! Best hooker int league by country mile!

Haven 13yr old thinks that's hilarious mate for reasons only he knows. You are wrong though...Penky is the best hooker by a million miles, so good for us that I fear going into games without him. We need someone in to spell him off, we need to look after him. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its the quality of our play thats impressing me we just need to cut out the daftness, some really well worked tries and a great team performance. One special note is how well is Carl Forber playing he's getting better with age! 

Edited by anok4u
  • Like 4

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We desperately need a back-up for Penky, we can't expect him to do 80 minute shifts every week and still produce the goods especially at his age. Now and again is fine but we need him fresh for the big games where he is undoubtedly a match winner as we have seen time and again. There were a few stray passes from him, such as the one where they were through 2 on 1 and his final pass was dreadful, but I think that was purely down to fatigue.

Overall, a win is a win and we can't complain much about racking up 48 points against a competitive team, but there is a lot still to improve on and I'm sure Leon will be working on it at training. Doncaster away will be a big test and we need to be switched on for the full 80, can't afford to have these drop offs in intensity and letting teams back in it against the likes of Donny. We got away with it at Oldham last week but its only a matter of time before a good team punishes us for it if we keep doing it.

  • Thanks 1

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, LancashireTown said:

too tall for a winger,

That’s a very strange statement . Look around nowadays ! Catching the bomb is primary weapon for one 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Derwent said:

We desperately need a back-up for Penky, we can't expect him to do 80 minute shifts every week and still produce the goods especially at his age

Yes  he needs a spells off during games. I'd rest him for the siddal game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Such an easy start can understand why they switched off. Thought with our pack we maybe should have taken it up the middle a bit more before going wide so much?

Agree with most - can’t see any reason why Rooke isn’t playing, wouldn’t be surprised if Penky topped the tackle count and Forber has discovered or certainly been doing some work on his kicking game much improved playing really well and jury out on Hopkins for now. Thought Singleton deserved his Mom though Penky close. Curwen looking really fit and strong. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is only Leon and Penky himself who knows what is best regarding his game time  I can't believe some of the criticism on yesterday's game. We were by far the better more powerful team and could have easily scored 50 + points against a decent championship 1 team. The team and gates are on the up can't wait for the next game - UTT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, anok4u said:

Its the quality of our play thats impressing me we just need to cut out the daftness, some really well worked tries and a great team performance. One special note is how well is Carl Forber playing he's getting better with age! 

Carl was outstanding, really good kicking game and took more control of the game than the last few years.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, dkw said:

Carl was outstanding, really good kicking game and took more control of the game than the last few years.

Ye Leon has definitely improved his game even his tackling has improved, his kicking ratio must be on of the best around. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dkw said:

Carl was outstanding, really good kicking game and took more control of the game than the last few years.

Absolutely but bear in mind he is now playing behind some very dominant middle units, not been mentioned on this thread,  but Olly Wilkes was excellent yesterday, really showed the way with some excellent drives that set up a couple of tries.

A lot of his work goes unnoticed but we are not the same team when he is spelled 

Edited by Onreport
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, DocH said:

Such an easy start can understand why they switched off. Thought with our pack we maybe should have taken it up the middle a bit more before going wide so much?

Agree with most - can’t see any reason why Rooke isn’t playing, wouldn’t be surprised if Penky topped the tackle count and Forber has discovered or certainly been doing some work on his kicking game much improved playing really well and jury out on Hopkins for now. Thought Singleton deserved his Mom though Penky close. Curwen looking really fit and strong. 

Jury out on somebody who's played 1 game.

I'm bemused at the fact that people are picking the negatives out of a nigh on 50 point win over a decent side. ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think people are being overly negative. Just saying that there is still improvement in us. Leon has said this himself. Exciting times if we can get 2 results like we have and not been at our best.

Edited by townie88
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, GentlemanJim said:

Jury out on somebody who's played 1 game.

I'm bemused at the fact that people are picking the negatives out of a nigh on 50 point win over a decent side. ?

Exactly as I said too early to form an opinion so neither a negative nor a positive. I think it might be you that is always looking for negatives in what are justifiable and perfectly valid opinions which as a supporter and spectator I'm fully entitled to hold.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, DocH said:

Exactly as I said too early to form an opinion so neither a negative nor a positive. I think it might be you that is always looking for negatives in what are justifiable and perfectly valid opinions which as a supporter and spectator I'm fully entitled to hold.

Well said

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought Senior did much better in the 2nd half, did well to back up Penky (I think) and showed some pace. He was nervous early on and looked hesitant taking the ball in but ran it much harder later on.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...