Barcelona record crowd?

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, audois said:

Yesterday a press conference at Brutus. Bernard Guasch and the President of the Occitanie Region Carole Delga. An entente between the two which will see an aid package exceptional to support the mobilisation of fans for the Camp Nou event. The club want to see especially the schools of rugby in attendance in great numbers on the 18th May. Additionally the club have appointed Philippe Pidemunt as 'oganisations coordinator' for the historic event with around forty helpers involved. The club are pushing the boat out for this one like never before.

cover_1555058903.jpg

An aid package to mobilise fans sounds intriguing.

What does that mean? Airlifts? Army convoys?

50 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

I think we'd take forcing people at gunpoint if it means we get as big as crowd as possible.

PACIFIQUE TREIZE: Join the team by registering as a fan today at pacifique13.com

3 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

the Occitan Region covers most of south west France and has a population of over 5 million. Includes Toulouse, Perpignan, Carcassonne and Albi. Presume that the sponsorship here will possibly subsidise coach hire etc especially from further a field than Perpignan. The biggest crowds ever this side of the Channel for the game were way back. WC 1954 in Toulouse France/GB 37,471 and the Final in Paris France/GB 30,368. To get anywhere near those figures would be extraordinary.

Yesterdays paper said 1,000 replica shirts now sold!

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

5 hours ago, wackojacko said:

Events, isn't it? ?

Exactly. That’s why I’m going. It’s an event - well tobe precise it’s an event in the Nu Camp in Barcelona. 

1 hour ago, audois said:

the Occitan Region covers most of south west France and has a population of over 5 million. Includes Toulouse, Perpignan, Carcassonne and Albi. Presume that the sponsorship here will possibly subsidise coach hire etc especially from further a field than Perpignan. The biggest crowds ever this side of the Channel for the game were way back. WC 1954 in Toulouse France/GB 37,471 and the Final in Paris France/GB 30,368. To get anywhere near those figures would be extraordinary.

Yesterdays paper said 1,000 replica shirts now sold!

Sounds like it’s transcending Catalans Dragons and becoming a rugby league event for all French fans. Great stuff!

C'mon the Catalans, c'mon France, c'mon Wigan c'mon Rugby Treize. Wake up Sky Television and the whole of France and the rest of the world, to the value of our amazing game!

I'm going for the same reason I went to Sydney last year and three years ago with Wigan, big events...............you can remember these occasions for the rest of your life............

Even though our utter, unquestioned dominance in the sport has ended, all Wiganers believe that we are really just indulgently letting the other teams win for a while in order to make it more interesting.

Stuart Maconie, Cider with Roadies

"cause people often talk about being scared of change but for me I'm more afraid of things staying the same cause the game is never won by standing in any one place for too long"

Nick Cave

On 13/04/2019 at 23:18, The Alchemist said:

I'm going for the same reason I went to Sydney last year and three years ago with Wigan, big events...............you can remember these occasions for the rest of your life............

It certainly is one of those big events and for me the stage is probably the biggest of them all. Never did I think I would see Rugby League at the Nou Camp.

So the prime seats - Grandstand - 1st Central, is literally down to less than 50 seats across this section with only a handful of seats left together (good luck getting a group of 6 or more into there).

Considering how popular the section is, I wonder if they'll open up the closed off 11 rows at the back of the section, or if they'll try and force sales up and around.

Not-unexpectedly, due to the limited seats in Grandstand - 1st Central, next tier up, Grandstand - 2nd Central Lower has been selling well from the middle out, however almost no one has bought into Grandstand - 2nd Central Upper.

Grandstand - South hasn't sold a seat, Grandstand - North side has a few sales,  whilst Corner South 1st - Grandstand has possibly sold about 30% of inventory.... the different 5 euros makes in sales...

The Nike End / South Goal is possibly lucky to have 100 sales across the three tiers, whilst the Lateral - 2nd Lower is possibly the third strongest selling area (that we can see) after Grandstand - 1st Central and Grandstand - 2nd Central Lower.  

PACIFIQUE TREIZE: Join the team by registering as a fan today at pacifique13.com

I wonder what the Barcelona v Man. United result will do, for ticket sales at our game? They might just roll up, to see if the Catalans can repeat the rout. There's a novel marketing opportunity here, to link the two games in the minds of prospective spectators.

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, saintspete83 said:

Okay think I've worked out what's he's said there using some pretty rubbish French language skills. Basically he's said they have sold 18,000 tickets with 2,000 more expressing interest or something and they are aiming for 30,000??

2 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Okay think I've worked out what's he's said there using some pretty rubbish French language skills. Basically he's said they have sold 18,000 tickets with 2,000 more expressing interest or something and they are aiming for 30,000??

Precisely, yes. Barcelona will kick off a sales drive on Monday week. 

It’s a call to arms by Guasch to all treizestes to get off their butts, basically.

They've sold 20000 tickets and from all over France, they are starting to push the game over the border in Spain now and the Barcelona club will start promoting the game soon. 

Even my local building suppliers are offering the weekend away for the game  for their big spending clients, which was very surprising, 

12 minutes ago, barnyia said:

They've sold 20000 tickets and from all over France, they are starting to push the game over the border in Spain now and the Barcelona club will start promoting the game soon. 

Even my local building suppliers are offering the weekend away for the game  for their big spending clients, which was very surprising, 

This is really good to hear.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

20K is the largest crowd Catalans has ever drawn for a home match and the largest crowd for Super League in mainland Europe so is still incredible so far.

Most encouraging is that there is still 3x weeks to go and FC Barcelona hasn't yet started their promotion.

40K+ is still very much in the realm of possibility, however at least if nothing else the match will set a new SL record.

3 hours ago, Yakstorm said:

20K is the largest crowd Catalans has ever drawn for a home match and the largest crowd for Super League in mainland Europe so is still incredible so far.

Most encouraging is that there is still 3x weeks to go and FC Barcelona hasn't yet started their promotion.

40K+ is still very much in the realm of possibility, however at least if nothing else the match will set a new SL record.

Didn’t they get 24k v Warrington 

Archived