GB Lions Tour tickets on sale today + Eden Park schedule confirmed

Tickets for the 2019 GB Lions Tour go on sale today. There has been a presale the past few days.

See here: https://premier.ticketek.co.nz/shows/show.aspx?sh=GBLIONS19

Things to note:

• The Triple Header will see GB Lions v NZ as the match before Tonga v Australia.
  • Eden Park is currently selling tickets for the lower bowl.
  • There is a 'combo' deal for the Hamilton and Auckland Tonga matches. Can buy a Gold and Silver ticket for both.

Thoughts
Eden Park match seems to be the money spinner. Tickets for other two matches are cheaper. Going to neeeeeeed a really big push. After the NZ v Tonga Mid Year Test, I have no faith in Duco Events to improve their marketing ability. 

Going to use this thread as a general 'Crowd Watch' for the Lion tour.

What do you think? Will the three matches sell out? What's the bare minimum?

15 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Great Britain are that iconic, adult tickets for their games are for sale for under £12. Is the marketing genius, sell it cheap, Nigel Wood in charge?

They are going to have to be creative to attract a crowd for these games, and already seem to be hoping that the Tongan fans come out again like the 2017 RLWC. The bubble already kinda burst this year when there were less than expected for the Mid Year Test against New Zealand.

32 minutes ago, Chamey said:

So zero profit generated from this tour even if it sells out due to the prices. These geniuses couldn't run a tuck shop.

These comments are interesting. The prices are pretty acceptable to be honest. I’m not sure there is an awareness of difficult it is for NZRL to attract a crowd.

With the Warriors struggling again, and the hangover of the 2017 RLWC - NZRL isn’t in the best place. They are essentially trying to rebuild their engagement with the NZ public at large. You can’t price the event out of casual interest.

1 hour ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Great Britain are that iconic, adult tickets for their games are for sale for under £12. Is the marketing genius, sell it cheap, Nigel Wood in charge?

You don’t understand.  It’s ‘bout building the brand. Give it away. You’ll see, it’ll all work out like the Stobard deal ?

030910105148.jpg

http://www.wiganstpats.org

Producing Players Since 1910

10 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

This tour is gonna lose hundreds of thousands lol

OLDHAM RLFC

the 8TH most successful team in british RL

14 hours ago, Balmain1969 said:

? Yeah, we're running scarred from all the beatings you have given us over the years.

Running scared as you won't play us as you know you will get beat!

How's today's test match cricket going ?

On 31/07/2019 at 22:03, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

My Grandson went to live in Auckland in Feb this year, on arrival he promptly bought a season ticket (Adult) for the Warriors, it was £60, yes £60 for the season, kind of puts your comments in perspective!

2 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

My Grandson went to live in Auckland in Feb this year, on arrival he promptly bought a season ticket (Adult) for the Warriors, it was £60, yes £60 for the season, kind of puts your comments in perspective!

Yes, the UK seems to be expensive for watching live sport, probably behind only North America.

I can’t remember exactly what I paid, but when I went to games downunder it was very reasonably priced. 

10 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Yes, the UK seems to be expensive for watching live sport, probably behind only North America.

I can’t remember exactly what I paid, but when I went to games downunder it was very reasonably priced. 

So it is priced for what the locals are used to paying then, no point in having empty seats.

By Comparison I am going over for the tour, but on government advice and the fact my travel insurance will not cover the visit to PNG  both for the reason that it is deemed not to be a "safe place" to *visit, I have got a refund for the PNG part, the match tickets were £40 each.

For those who are going, if you book a taxi you have the option to hire an armed guard to travel with you!

11 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

So it is priced for what the locals are used to paying then, no point in having empty seats.

By Comparison I am going over for the tour, but on government advice and the fact my travel insurance will not cover the visit to PNG  both for the reason that it is deemed not to be a "safe place" to *visit, I have got a refund for the PNG part, the match tickets were £40 each.

For those who are going, if you book a taxi you have the option to hire an armed guard to travel with you!

That’s a shame Harry, as I’m sure it would have been a great experience but fully understand your reasons for not going. 

Very jealous of your trip, wish I had enough annual leave to also go

18 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

This is a good point so I'll stop typing my rant.

On a recent tour to the Windies, the only people in the ground were England fans. Not because the locals weren't interested but because the tickets had been all sold at 'England' prices - so past £50 a day rather than what people in the Caribbean would pay for a cricket match. And so the ground was empty.

If (strong if) this is usual pricing then I don't have a problem. I do struggle to see how this Tour is going to make any money at all though.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

6 hours ago, DoubleD said:

That’s a shame Harry, as I’m sure it would have been a great experience but fully understand your reasons for not going. 

Very jealous of your trip, wish I had enough annual leave to also go

The trouble is DD, if the tours down under were scheduled as they use to be one would have plenty prior notice to arrange, save up, and get time of work.

Archived