Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
graveyard johnny

TV-who gets right on your bristols?

Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, ivans82 said:

Can`t believe they have given Rob Beckett yet another series on sky ,had to look up what he actually is and it came up stand-up comedian , that can`t be true surely .

well he can stand up so its half true

  • Haha 2

the grass may be greener on the other side of the fence but the crows are just as black

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Always has me scrambling for the remote...

image.jpeg.7f96ff24932958e1ce4d4119eed55658.jpeg

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

                                                  "Son, can you play me a memory, I'm not really sure how it goes,

                                   but it's sad and it's sweet and I knew it complete, when I wore a younger man's clothes"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I avoid Love Island and The Apprentice because I just know I will hate them both.

edit: so I dislike anyone who appears on these shows as contestants.

Edited by hindle xiii

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Always has me scrambling for the remote...

image.jpeg.7f96ff24932958e1ce4d4119eed55658.jpeg

Same . I never get past ‘ it’s june dad ‘ . Those adverts are so annoying . Yeh folk naturally talk to each other like that don’t they ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Always has me scrambling for the remote...

image.jpeg.7f96ff24932958e1ce4d4119eed55658.jpeg

What gets me with those adverts is how they try to bribe you with something they think will entice the over 50. "sign up today and receive a free Parker pen!" OH MY GOD!! A PARKER PEN!!! that's gonna make me sign up for a massive life insurance policy even though I can get the same pen for £15 in smiths.........

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

What gets me with those adverts is how they try to bribe you with something they think will entice the over 50. "sign up today and receive a free Parker pen!" OH MY GOD!! A PARKER PEN!!! that's gonna make me sign up for a massive life insurance policy even though I can get the same pen for £15 in smiths.........

I was gonna  for the cheaper policy with the free papermate pen until I saw the even cheaper deal with the bookies pen

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

the grass may be greener on the other side of the fence but the crows are just as black

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

A bookies pen? where do I sign up?? I can add that to my collection of argos pencils! 

Wanna swap with some Ikea pencil stubs?  ??

  • Haha 1

Four legs good - two legs bad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/09/2019 at 16:01, John Drake said:

Why waste so much time watching stuff you hate?

If this were 1973 and you only had three channels to pick from, fair enough, but come on, you don't have to look very far these days for alternative viewing choices, even on bog standard Freeview there's about a hundred channels.

And if there's absolutely nothing on at all that tickles your fancy, follow the advice of a classic 70s kids TV show: 'Why Don't You' (just switch of your television set and go do something less boring instead). ?

Or put the radio on...

Have you ever met a rugby league fan before? ?

A persistent and hardy few will even watch rugby union games just so they can feel even more unhappy than they were before.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ckn said:

A persistent and hardy few will even watch rugby union games

Perhaps, once I'm fed up with this...

image.jpeg.ec5eea928fff738712c90eaae947316e.jpeg

But I rather doubt it.


                                                  "Son, can you play me a memory, I'm not really sure how it goes,

                                   but it's sad and it's sweet and I knew it complete, when I wore a younger man's clothes"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I notice a lot of you do not like alternative comedians.

Are there any actual ALTERNATIVE comedians out there?

Are there any actual alternative COMEDIANS  out there?

Do tell.

Edited by Bearman

Ron Banks

Bears and Barrow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Bearman said:

I notice a lot of you do not like alternative comedians.

Are there any actual ALTERNATIVE comedians out there?

Are there any actual alternative COMEDIANS  out there?

Do tell.

Bernard manning on alternative comedians "im the only genuine alternative comedian on the scene" - " cos im the only one whos fkkin funny"


the grass may be greener on the other side of the fence but the crows are just as black

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't watch much TV apart from Motorcycle racing and RL plus the BBC news but from past experience I can absolutely guarantee that any programme with 'Celebrity' in the title  will be absolute s***e, and now the BBC'S trailers are longer than the adverts on ITV I see all-sorts of drivel being pushed, probably explains why we are in the state we are at present ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Clogiron said:

I don't watch much TV apart from Motorcycle racing and RL plus the BBC news but from past experience I can absolutely guarantee that any programme with 'Celebrity' in the title  will be absolute s***e, and now the BBC'S trailers are longer than the adverts on ITV I see all-sorts of drivel being pushed, probably explains why we are in the state we are at present ?

I always imagine people at bbc / itv / c4 / c5 sitting round a desk saying ...’  right , what have celebrities not done yet . Come on think ... err , celebrity gladiators in a real coliseum . To the death ... can we do that ?’  They must nearly have reached celeb doing things saturation point 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Clogiron said:

I don't watch much TV apart from Motorcycle racing and RL plus the BBC news but from past experience I can absolutely guarantee that any programme with 'Celebrity' in the title  will be absolute s***e, and now the BBC'S trailers are longer than the adverts on ITV I see all-sorts of drivel being pushed, probably explains why we are in the state we are at present ?

 

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

I always imagine people at bbc / itv / c4 / c5 sitting round a desk saying ...’  right , what have celebrities not done yet . Come on think ... err , celebrity gladiators in a real coliseum . To the death ... can we do that ?’  They must nearly have reached celeb doing things saturation point 

Deja Vue - advert on tv just now, "Coming Shortly, 'My Famous Babysitter'  where in each episode a celebrity tests the reality of twenty-first century parenting by taking responsibility for a family of children over four days."

Has telly really got this bad ....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jasper said:

 

Deja Vue - advert on tv just now, "Coming Shortly, 'My Famous Babysitter'  where in each episode a celebrity tests the reality of twenty-first century parenting by taking responsibility for a family of children over four days."

Has telly really got this bad ....

Yes I’m afraid so ! Even sadder when you see what classes for celebrity ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just looked this show up. Here's the blurb from UKTV - My Famous Babysitter is the latest from UKTV  bringing celebrity star names to 2019, like 

Stacey Dooley Sleeps Over,

Emma Willis: Delivering Babies, 

Ski A&E and Inside The Operating Theatre.

 Dr Christian Will See You Now,

John Bishop: In Conversation With...,

The Davina Hour,

and Inside the Ambulance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/09/2019 at 10:30, Bleep1673 said:

Claudia Winkleman

On 04/09/2019 at 13:30, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Claudia winkleman x 1,000,000

She's genuinely dreadful, I've no idea how she's on TV.  I can only assume cronyism or nepotism.  Or she got her job by convincing her half-sister to put out.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, bbfaz said:

She's genuinely dreadful, I've no idea how she's on TV.  I can only assume cronyism or nepotism.  Or she got her job by convincing her half-sister to put out.

 

Bury me in a Y shaped coffin, as Blackadder put it


Sex and Money are like Oxygen

They're not important until you're not getting enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Image result for kevin bacon ee advert

"Who says you can't?"

Why don't you ###### off you annoyng Yank tw@!


                                                  "Son, can you play me a memory, I'm not really sure how it goes,

                                   but it's sad and it's sweet and I knew it complete, when I wore a younger man's clothes"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

I know this is a thread about who we can't stand on TV but I think I could enjoy certain aspects of Italian football. 

_20191006_111228.JPG

Probably difficult to nutmeg, I think I’d rather dribble round her

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/10/2019 at 14:32, The Hallucinating Goose said:

What gets me with those adverts is how they try to bribe you with something they think will entice the over 50. "sign up today and receive a free Parker pen!" OH MY GOD!! A PARKER PEN!!! that's gonna make me sign up for a massive life insurance policy even though I can get the same pen for £15 in smiths.........

What gets me with that is I can’t stop thinking about the fact they used to use   Parky then they cut costs and just name checked him. As in the start of the conversation one of them said like the ads with Parky in. Then he must’ve got that taken out as they now use the same advert with the reference to him removed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...