Jump to content

Magic Weekend back to Newcastle?


Recommended Posts


10 hours ago, Eddie said:

I hope so, there couldn’t be a more pointless place to hold it than Anfield. 

Wasn't quite pointless.

We kicked a penalty goal.

  • Haha 4

England RU Coach Eddie Jones : "I spent a bit of time up at Hull and I like the full back there Connor, he's a tough, skilful player"

Jake Connor : "I've never played Union, it doesn't look that hard, you never say never but it looks too boring for me"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Smart move, venue has proved popular with past Magic Weekends, and the fact it is likely to be played on the Bank Holiday Weekend should help push crowds even more. 

Ensuring the Thunder take part in the event would possibly be the icing on the cake in terms of growing crowds.  If they do get promoted to the Championship, Thunder v Bradford, or Thunder v York would be two fixtures which would help move the needle for Game Day crowds.

  • Like 1

PACIFIQUE TREIZE: Join the team by registering as a fan today at pacifique13.com

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Excellent news, should never have moved away.

The clubs have voted for it so that indicates it's a confirmed offer from Newcastle.

Just be aware there are 2 Bank Holidays in May. This year's Magic was on the later one but the article does not confirm that will stay the same. I've booked both weekends (cancellable) to be on the safe side.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Whippet13 said:

Excellent news, should never have moved away.

The clubs have voted for it so that indicates it's a confirmed offer from Newcastle.

Just be aware there are 2 Bank Holidays in May. This year's Magic was on the later one but the article does not confirm that will stay the same. I've booked both weekends (cancellable) to be on the safe side.

Newcastle play Tottenham at home on May 2nd so it won't be the first bank holiday weekend.

Edited by NERugbyDad
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, NERugbyDad said:

Newcastle play Tottenham at home on May 2nd so it won't be the first bank holiday weekend.

The early May Bank Holiday has been moved to 8th May to commemorate 75 years since VE Day, so the early Bank Holiday weekend is 8-10 May.

Suspect that it is most likely to be held on the end of May Bank Holiday though, after all the soccer has finished.

Edited by Whippet13
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Whippet13 said:

The early May Bank Holiday has been moved to 8th May to commemorate 75 years since VE Day, so the early Bank Holiday weekend is 8-10 May.

Suspect that it is most likely to be held on the end of May Bank Holiday though, after all the soccer has finished.

That's something new learnt today.

As you say,  would still expect it to be the second one once the football seasons finished.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Chris22 said:

I wouldn't be against a couple of years in Newcastle, then one year at another venue and repeat.

I certainly wouldn't want to close off any potential bids from other host cities, but Newcastle is great.

"We are easily breakable, by illness or falling, or a million other ways of leaving this earthly life. We are just so much mashed potato."  Don Estelle

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Newcastle is a great city. However should we not be trying out new places?. What's wrong with taking to major cities like Birmingham, Bristol or even abroad to Barcelona? If that's what the club's and majority of fan's want then so be it. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Rage said:

Newcastle is a great city. However should we not be trying out new places?. What's wrong with taking to major cities like Birmingham, Bristol or even abroad to Barcelona? If that's what the club's and majority of fan's want then so be it. 

Makes sense to go somewhere there there is a RL culture; going to Bristol or Birmingham would be pointless unless anyone there is interested in setting up clubs, getting the game into schools etc. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...