Whatever happened to Jamie Foster?

A few years ago this guy was a gun winger, won a Grand Final and seemed destined to be a mainstay for England. I see now he is playing at lowly Workington Town. How did he end up there? Was it injuries, poor club choices, loss of form?

Amazing how far a guy has fallen who could have done anything.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, goldcoaster said:

A few years ago this guy was a gun winger, won a Grand Final and seemed destined to be a mainstay for England. I see now he is playing at lowly Workington Town. How did he end up there? Was it injuries, poor club choices, loss of form?

Amazing how far a guy has fallen who could have done anything.

I'm not sure he was ever destined to be an England mainstay.  He was a good finisher and excellent goal kicker but made a few high profile errors in a Saints team in a difficult transition period and got dropped and never found his way back to the top.  He was always very lightweight for top level RL which I doubt helped him.    I wasn't aware he was playing again, I thought he'd quit and was pursuing business interests outside the game.

He played a handful of game for Workington and has seemingly disappeared from the game again. 

Looked a good player but had Adam Swift emerging behind him and he lost form at a time when Saints were struggling onfield and lost his place and never got it back.

Owns a barbers and a dog grooming salon, so he’s obviously a clever lad. Last I heard, he was training to be a barber. No idea if he has any other business interests. 

5 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I think sometimes average players get a lot of plaudits very quickly because of a couple of good games or high profile incidents. 

They then go on to find their level. 

Exactly this. He was/is a very very average player. I remember assessing his 'averageness' when it looked like he was going to establish himself in Saints first team and getting some unfavourable responses from some Saints fans.

Key skills for a winger - kick return, play 2 dummy half carry, kick catching attack and defence, finishing. Of those skills he was decent finisher, that's it. His kick returns and play 2 were some of the worst I've seen in SL, particularly for a top side. Saints with him in the team invariably started sets poorly. This trait continued wherever he played.

But he could kick goals and had nice hair. Think he is actually a hair dresser now.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

I remember him at the Bulls.

He was OK in an admittedly declining team - but he always game the impression that he thought he was better than what he actually was. And he kinda liked to protect his groomed hair by not getting too involved! 

No great loss when moved on

5 minutes ago, Barry Badrinath said:

he had lovely hair

That's a bit demeaning, only remembering him for his hair, he must have spent hours diligently working on his................. Tan on a sunbed?

Archived