Sign in to follow this  
jannerboyuk

RLWC 2021 to take place at Buckingham Palace

1 minute ago, MattSantos said:

How do the quarter finals work?

Top of A plays who etc? Then how do semis work?

I'd imagine it would be the same as the Euros? So as long as everything goes to seeding, England will play NZ in the semi and Oz/Tonga in the final.

1 minute ago, Jasper said:

Great coverage.  But from the Sky correspondent outside of Buck House on 8.30am news this morning "Would we be here reporting on the Rugby League World Cup draw if Prince Harry wasn't involved - probably not." Sad but true.

Its a fair enough statement I guess, definitely true of the level of media interest. There has been senior level reporters on this beyond either the sports or royal correspondents

Just now, Tommygilf said:

I'd imagine it would be the same as the Euros? So as long as everything goes to seeding, England will play NZ in the semi and Oz/Tonga in the final.

To be honest I hope Tonga avoid Australia in the quarters or semis just to give them the best possible chance of reaching the final. Tonga getting to the world cup final would be the biggest thing to ever happen in rugby league in my opinion. Anyone want to see the greatest game of rugby league ever played? England v Tonga in the final please!

• Like 1

What a fantastic occasion this draw has been. Especially with old jaffa knackers Harry in the world spotlight at the moment

Its windy, cold, rainy and miserable outside and this footage has cheered up my afternoon

So excited about the WC and getting to lots of fixtures. Sat at my desk dreaming of the sunshine, crowds, beer and TGG!! 

Edited by Bedfordshire Bronco
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

To be honest I hope Tonga avoid Australia in the quarters or semis just to give them the best possible chance of reaching the final. Tonga getting to the world cup final would be the biggest thing to ever happen in rugby league in my opinion. Anyone want to see the greatest game of rugby league ever played? England v Tonga in the final please!

Unless both England and Tonga tactically came second in their groups its likely to be impossible for an England Tonga final with Tonga not playing Australia along the way. Personally I think they have the best chance of beating the Aussies as well. In the (hopefully) non-England Semi at Elland Road where it will for 1 night only be acceptable to see a sea of Red.

2 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Anyone want to see the greatest game of rugby league ever played? England v Tonga in the final please!

Even if we lost it would that game it would still be a massive boost nationally and internationally with all the interest it would generate 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tommygilf said:

Unless both England and Tonga tactically came second in their groups its likely to be impossible for an England Tonga final with Tonga not playing Australia along the way. Personally I think they have the best chance of beating the Aussies as well. In the (hopefully) non-England Semi at Elland Road where it will for 1 night only be acceptable to see a sea of Red.

How do you know? Whats published in terms of who plays who?

7 minutes ago, Jasper said:

Great coverage.  But from the Sky correspondent outside of Buck House on 8.30am news this morning "Would we be here reporting on the Rugby League World Cup draw if Prince Harry wasn't involved - probably not." Sad but true.

But this is why we use people like Prince Harry. Now we have been extra fortunate with this one, but there is a reason they used these people for the draw rather than you and I!

33 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Yes, Samoa can beat England.

Agreed especially if Bennett is in charge.

An honest question Dunbar, As Bennett been officially retained or not, I have not seen anything to confirm either.

1 minute ago, MattSantos said:

How do you know? Whats published in terms of who plays who?

I'm not, but in all standard 4 group, 2 qualify competitions that is the format.

After that draw I'm now desperate to see what games are going to to take place where and in particular what games are going to be at Kingston Park. Been thinking that they might base Scotland out of Kingston Park, although I recon that their game against Australia will probably be the game at the Riverside.

2 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

An honest question Dunbar, As Bennett been officially retained or not, I have not seen anything to confirm either.

This was three days ago...

https://www.skysports.com/rugby-league/news/15314/11907931/england-consider-replacement-for-wayne-bennett

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

This article says a decision will be made early February. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.skysports.com/amp/rugby-league/news/15314/11907931/england-consider-replacement-for-wayne-bennett

• Thanks 1

Great stuff very well done and the summing up  should be the logo  RL - One Sport Together for Everyone!

6 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

1 night only be acceptable to see a sea of Red.

Everyday and night is the right time to see a sea of RED!

Edited by Oxford
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

England's group venues were Newcastle, Sheffield and Bolton weren't they? So Samoa in Newcastle and I'm guessing France in Sheffield and Greece in Bolton.

Yes, that sounds like a sensible plan. 

6 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

How puzzling is this:-

"Rimmer also said ticket sales for the Ashes series will be a consideration when it comes to appointing the head coach. He also said ticket sales for the Ashes series will be a consideration when it comes to appointing the head coach. Wane would be seen as a popular choice among fans."

Has it got to the RFL that the fans are not happy with Bennett and may boycott if he is retained?

18 minutes ago, NERugbyDad said:

After that draw I'm now desperate to see what games are going to to take place where and in particular what games are going to be at Kingston Park. Been thinking that they might base Scotland out of Kingston Park, although I recon that their game against Australia will probably be the game at the Riverside.

I'm hoping NZ are based at the Keepmoat. Knowing Carl Hall it's possible.

1 minute ago, Rob Nash said:

I'm hoping NZ are based at the Keepmoat. Knowing Carl Hall it's possible.

I can see NZ and Jamaica being based around Leeds and Donny.