Sat 29 Feb: SL: Toronto Wolfpack v St Helens KO 6pm

Who will win?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Toronto Wolfpack
    • St Helens

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 29/02/20 at 18:00

6 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

No I'm judging him on what he's done/doing now , he's signed probably the biggest contract he was offered , thinking perhaps he will find it as easy as he was for the ABs , I just wonder how if he's finding it harder than he thought , and if he's truly up for the fight ,if he's not , he should walk away with pride and respect 

And you can judge that based on a handful of games in the crappiest weather ? 
Mister you’re a better man than I.

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Despite his rocks or diamonds nature i think Miloudi should have started ahead of Wallace in the centres - not a natural outside back, would be better used in a 14 role to be subbed on in the spine somewhere. Caution to the wind tactics should be altered when in poor conditions, especially tonight where there was a wind advantage to be taken in the first half to gain some good field position. Gigot despite his errors tonight is a quality player and that did show in some of his limited touches - keeping him for the season would serve them well as the rest of their spine is quite dire, if they can fit him in that is. Will be interesting to see the difference when they finally play with a full-strength middle (if they ever do) once Lussick and Singleton are both available again.

1 minute ago, Johnoco said:

And you can judge that based on a handful of games in the crappiest weather ? 
Mister you’re a better man than I.

It's called opinion , like what you use on an internet message board about a subject you're interested in , and yes I think I can ,he doesn't look comfortable ,the weather is immaterial ,it was raining for both sides 

3 minutes ago, UTK said:

Despite his rocks or diamonds nature i think Miloudi should have started ahead of Wallace in the centres - not a natural outside back, would be better used in a 14 role to be subbed on in the spine somewhere. Caution to the wind tactics should be altered when in poor conditions, especially tonight where there was a wind advantage to be taken in the first half to gain some good field position. Gigot despite his errors tonight is a quality player and that did show in some of his limited touches - keeping him for the season would serve them well as the rest of their spine is quite dire, if they can fit him in that is. Will be interesting to see the difference when they finally play with a full-strength middle (if they ever do) once Lussick and Singleton are both available again.

Fair assessment , to me they look better , or did when they had Sidlow and Lussick both going out and bullying teams , yes I know it's now SL and not the Championship , but to me that is the priority , ( personally I dislike them both , but the are effective IMO ) 

7 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

It's called opinion , like what you use on an internet message board about a subject you're interested in , and yes I think I can ,he doesn't look comfortable ,the weather is immaterial ,it was raining for both sides 

Opinion? You’re not saying he’s having a rough patch, you’re saying he’s finished and taking the pee. 

Just a point here , last night Wire were Dire , and were roundly condemned as such , tonight Toronto were poor and have received similar , so the lesson is , play badly and people will state as such , that's what sport is about , plaudits and criticism 

3 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

Opinion? You’re not saying he’s having a rough patch, you’re saying he’s finished and taking the pee. 

I'm saying he's lost his mindset to play RL to the standard he is playing , can he get it back ? , Maybe , maybe not ,but he is in a scrap , they all are , not sure he , or them have the stomach for it , they are looking a bit sorry for themselves , you can't have that mindset if you want to get out of it ? , All IMO

1 minute ago, GUBRATS said:

I'm saying he's lost his mindset to play RL to the standard he is playing , can he get it back ? , Maybe , maybe not ,but he is in a scrap , they all are , not sure he , or them have the stomach for it , they are looking a bit sorry for themselves , you can't have that mindset if you want to get out of it ? , All IMO

Of course, and that’s fair enough. 

7 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Fair assessment , to me they look better , or did when they had Sidlow and Lussick both going out and bullying teams , yes I know it's now SL and not the Championship , but to me that is the priority , ( personally I dislike them both , but the are effective IMO ) 

Agreed, a rotation inclusive of Lussick, Sidlow, Singleton and Springer is strong enough (however potentially lacking a degree of skill) to hold their own and not lose too much quality when subs are rotated against most sides. I've been slightly dissapointed with Ackers to start the season, don't think he's attempted to be a running threat enough through the middle of the field to speed up the play-the-ball a bit. Additionally as a smaller body he has been picked out as a target for opposition forwards, would have been handy to have Cunningham available to shore up the middle a little further.

5 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

Toronto 0-20 Saints HT in front of a sparse crowd. I think this is what marketing types call ‘brand damage’.

Sadly it's still better than most of Salford's crowds. 

And London. 

41 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Just a point here , last night Wire were Dire , and were roundly condemned as such , tonight Toronto were poor and have received similar , so the lesson is , play badly and people will state as such , that's what sport is about , plaudits and criticism 

Yes, my team, Warrington, were appalling and I said as much.

Difference is that this thread has become less about the game and far more about sniping, casting aspertions and snide remarks about a particular team. The slagging off of Toronto has been as done to death as the infantile chants of "Oh, wnaky wnaky Warrington". 

I equally adore the game and hate the attitude of a great deal of its so-called supporters. A little positivity goes a long way.

Toronto is going to be just fine...they lost to the Champs in bad weather...the team has yet to gel.  The only real problems are the numerous obstacles which have been intentionally put in their way for them to fail...so be it...it is what it is.

So many taking joy in their poor record so far is, indeed, troubling on many fronts.  Make the playing field level and you would be looking at a different result....no one should be acting surprised when the fix is clearly in.

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

I think it is wrong to suggest SBW isn't interested in putting effort in and is a money grabber, certainly no more than anyone else. 

He needs some firm coaching as I do think he has a bit of a Messiah complex and is clearly trying to do too much, but he's a champion player and isn't stupid, he will know he had an absolute stinker with a lot of really dumb plays. 

Without having seen the game, I think that’s reasonable. He might need a bit of a kick up the arris and told to do better. Criticism of him is not unreasonable but stating it’s coz he doesn’t give a monkeys is probably also well wide of the mark

19 minutes ago, absentee thoughtlord said:

Yes, my team, Warrington, were appalling and I said as much.

Difference is that this thread has become less about the game and far more about sniping, casting aspertions and snide remarks about a particular team. The slagging off of Toronto has been as done to death as the infantile chants of "Oh, wnaky wnaky Warrington". 

I equally adore the game and hate the attitude of a great deal of its so-called supporters. A little positivity goes a long way.

Agree completely but Warrington have a long history behind them to back them up. Newcomers can forget any such luxury 

14 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

The only real problems are the numerous obstacles which have been intentionally put in their way for them to fail...

Which rules, regulations or laws were implemented or changed upon TW's promotion K'man? Aside from the allowance for TW not to have to follow the same fixture format as everyone else?

It's a straight fight, Hull KR or Toronto for the drop. The 3 games between them are more or less play off games.

1 minute ago, Marty Funkhouser said:

Which rules, regulations or laws were implemented or changed upon TW's promotion K'man? Aside from the allowance for TW not to have to follow the same fixture format as everyone else?

It's a straight fight, Hull KR or Toronto for the drop. The 3 games between them are more or less play off games.

Its been analyzed to death on the various threads so why reopen it up...no central funding, bribe for the CC, no voting rights, etc, etc.  Its not even close to level but that seems to be the hell or high water plan so be it.   Please just don't tell me you are blind to it.

I like Hull KR and its a long season.  One game at a time...one game at a time.  Just wait until Toronto starts to click and puts together a long winning streak!

1 hour ago, TIWIT said:

Had to quit reading this thread and jumped to the end to post this. The gloating is bad enough but the vitriol and downright hatred being heaped on TWP is disgusting.

But it's a long season and there are lots of other teams who will prove to be even more inept than TWP currently appear. We only have to finish ahead of at least one of them to stay up, retool and reload.

He who laughs last laughs best.

Don't worry, whatever happens to twp by the end of the year, the naysayers will redirect their focus towards Ottawa, just like how they stopped their comments on TO when twp were introduced.    

16 minutes ago, SL17 said:

That’s the spirit. With one eye on KR I guess. 

We are focused on the Rhinos right now....the slow lumbering beast has been spotted wallowing in the local water hole near Headingley.

8 minutes ago, Marty Funkhouser said:

Central funding 

50 minutes ago, Marty Funkhouser said:

That was agreed, and welcomed in fact, by David Argyle in 2016. Nothing at all was changed upon their promotion.

In any event can you explain how the central funding would improve TW's on field performances or results? 

It would ensure all clubs are competing on a level playing field as you were trying to argue in your previous post.

At the moment they're 1.8m (is that how much central funding is) worse off than the clubs playing against them.

To answer your question, should we remove central funding from the other 11 teams to see how much their performances would worsen. It's the same argument.

1 hour ago, Omott91 said:

It would ensure all clubs are competing on a level playing field as you were trying to argue in your previous post.

At the moment they're 1.8m (is that how much central funding is) worse off than the clubs playing against them.

To answer your question, should we remove central funding from the other 11 teams to see how much their performances would worsen. It's the same argument.

Don't bother arguing with him. His comments reveal how little he knows about how badly TWP have been screwed over by SL's greedy little owners.

Archived