John Drake

Sat 29 Feb: SL: Toronto Wolfpack v St Helens KO 6pm

Who will win?  

71 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who will win?

• Toronto Wolfpack
    • St Helens

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 29/02/20 at 18:00

4 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

This thread is worth reading for the comments from the Luddite RL fans alone. ???

Are you watching it ?

1 minute ago, Harry Stottle said:

It is because Totonto against all the hype are not the drawcards in SL everyone who champions them said they would be. 

Yeah, let’s write off teams after 5 or 6 games. Bring in yet another tinpot outfit , that will really reverse the disappearing act RL is keen on committing.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Are you watching it ?

I don’t have Sky Sports, not interested enough. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, meast said:

But Toronto are here to save the game and make it the biggest, bestest, richest sport in the world!!

We don’t need them, we’ve got Huddersfield Giants. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

You can struggle for quality and lose but there’s no excuse for this level of basic errors and ill discipline , with and without the pill . They  kill you and make something that’s already really tough doubly so 

• Like 1

Just now, Johnoco said:

I don’t have Sky Sports, not interested enough. 

So you're commenting on other people's opinions who are watching the game , when you aren't ?

It's bad , but what is more worrying is it's as much tactics than nievity , this is not a bunch of part timers who've stepped up with an inexperienced coach 

They are giving themselves no chance to win the game 

What we have to remember is that no team in the history of SL, or indeed RL, has ever put in a bad performance or been on a run of defeats. This is why Toronto deserve extra criticism. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Johnoco said:

What we have to remember is that no team in the history of SL, or indeed RL, has ever put in a bad performance or been on a run of defeats. This is why Toronto deserve extra criticism. 

Saints are playing the % game , the conditions dictate that , Toronto needed to do that , but instead tried to play summer RL in poor winter conditions , so they gave up the game in the 1st 20 minutes , poor , poor management 

2 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

So you're commenting on other people's opinions who are watching the game , when you aren't ?

It's bad , but what is more worrying is it's as much tactics than nievity , this is not a bunch of part timers who've stepped up with an inexperienced coach 

They are giving themselves no chance to win the game 

The game in question is completely irrelevant. The anti Toronto flat earth squad on here and elsewhere would still be jerking off over each and every mistake Toronto make. Its completely predictable and should Toronto fail, when the jism has been cleaned up, they’ll move on to the next outsiders. Maybe back to picking on London or Sheffield or perhaps Newcastle? 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Just now, GUBRATS said:

Saints are playing the % game , the conditions dictate that , Toronto needed to do that , but instead tried to play summer RL in poor winter conditions , so they gave up the game in the 1st 20 minutes , poor , poor management 

So what? It’s hardly the first time a team has played badly. It doesn’t warrant the insular ramblings on here. 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Eddie said:

You seriously don’t think they offer anything off the field? They’ve given SL more national media attention than the other 11 teams combined since they got promoted. 

They did and created a buzz to start with. Games like tonight dont paint SL in a good light.

They just look like a load of overpaid journeymen/mercenaries.

If you compare them to Leeds, Saints,Wigan at then there is no comparison.

I know it's early days and I hope they become one of the big clubs with a good youth system

Just now, Johnoco said:

The game in question is completely irrelevant. The anti Toronto flat earth squad on here and elsewhere would still be jerking off over each and every mistake Toronto make. Its completely predictable and should Toronto fail, when the jism has been cleaned up, they’ll move on to the next outsiders. Maybe back to picking on London or Sheffield or perhaps Newcastle? 

Or indeed Leigh ? , Yes we had it when we came up , but even we didn't commit suicide as they have done tonight 

1 minute ago, Johnoco said:

So what? It’s hardly the first time a team has played badly. It doesn’t warrant the insular ramblings on here. 

What , calling it as it is ? , Like everybody did for Warrington last night ?

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Novelty factor fading, eh?

Yeah I think it is. I'm not against them but it's just a Championship side based in England playing under the banner of Toronto. 

It's sounds like I don't like Toronto but I would love them to become a big club

is there any rugby going on in the 2nd half?

the grass may be greener on the other side of the fence but the crows are just as black

3 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Or indeed Leigh ? , Yes we had it when we came up , but even we didn't commit suicide as they have done tonight 

You had what? 

1 minute ago, JM2010 said:

Yeah I think it is. I'm not against them but it's just a Championship side based in England playing under the banner of Toronto. 

It's sounds like I don't like Toronto but I would love them to become a big club

But they're not a Championship side , but are playing like one 

1 minute ago, graveyard johnny said:

Not much . It’s all very run of the mill tbh 

1 minute ago, JM2010 said:

It’s a bit like one of those cars pimped by a yoof. You can add some fat tyres and an exhaust and some go-faster stripes, but it’s still a Vauxhall Corsa. 

1 minute ago, graveyard johnny said:

Yes , Saints are playing the % , Toronto are as well now , that's why they've only let in one more score 

4 minutes ago, JM2010 said:

They did and created a buzz to start with. Games like tonight dont paint SL in a good light.

They just look like a load of overpaid journeymen/mercenaries.

If you compare them to Leeds, Saints,Wigan at then there is no comparison.

I know it's early days and I hope they become one of the big clubs with a good youth system

Yes, a team in its first season in the top flight definitely deserves to be compared to ones that have been at the top of the game for 100 years or more. That’s entirely reasonable and fair. Their record in the challenge cup is nothing to write home about too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

SBW is stinking the place out. He isn't even attempting to hide the fact he is not interested. Absolutely disgusting attitude

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Man of Kent said:

It’s a bit like one of those cars pimped by a yoof. You can add some fat tyres and an exhaust and some go-faster stripes, but it’s still a Vauxhall Corsa. 

And god forbid anyone should try to make that Corsa look more interesting or exciting.