John Drake

11-15 Mar: The Coral Challenge Cup Match Thread

17 minutes ago, NERugbyDad said:

Final score Thunder 38 - rams 30, get in!

Well played Thunder - bit of an end of season feel with creaking defences but take nothing away from your spirit and attack - all the best for the next round

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Stirlin said:

1895 cup will probably be scrapped all together.

Obviously we don’t know how things will develop but I think we could scrap the 1895 cup, the loop fixtures in SL and push everything back, even if it means the season ending in November/December. Then next season start later.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stirlin said:

It might survive as no attendance will exceed 500?

41 minutes ago, AB Knight said:

Obviously we don’t know how things will develop but I think we could scrap the 1895 cup, the loop fixtures in SL and push everything back, even if it means the season ending in November/December. Then next season start later.

The end of next season is fixed due to the WC but I’m sure things can be juggled between this & next season providing all clubs survive etc

1 hour ago, Stirlin said:

Would anyone notice?

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, JonM said:

Newcastle v Dewsbury is on BBC red button/internet at 3pm, replayed at 6:45. Cas v Saints (in SL, not the cup, obvs) is on Sky at 3:30 pm and is being live streamed on YouTube.

Where can you see the replay?

Really enjoyable match between Newcastle and Dewsbury. I love how Rugby League is a great game to watch at whatever level you're watching it. 😀

Edited by Wiltshire Rhino
  • Like 2

2014 Challenged Cup Winner

3 hours ago, NERugbyDad said:

Final score Thunder 38 - rams 30, get in!

And thoroughly deserved too.

• Like 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

2 hours ago, Hullfan said:

From what I could see, I'd say.......... 4500

Announced as 2,600 

Cracking game at NCP , lost it with 3 seconds to go 

But a strange feeling of que Sera , from both the Rovers and Leigh fans 

I watched the Cas/Saints match live, then went to iPlayer to see the Newcastle/Dewsbury Cup tie.

I can't understand people complaining about the lack of decent sport on TV today. Two damn good matches.

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

Went to Eagles v Town at the Keepmoat. Sheffield were just quicker and stronger for the most part but I can see why they aren't as strong in the Championship as they were last season. Thackeray and Joel Farrell are the class players in the team.

Workington competed hard and it was nice to see Fui Fui Moi Moi get a try.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

5 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Look back at what I have been saying, I wanted us to concentrate on the league, but irrespective does anything matter now?

Once again, the lack of flexibility at Leigh leads to yet another defeat...they are a good club but they need to be able to adapt and focus with the changing times...like Toronto did to Hudds.

3 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Once again, the lack of flexibility at Leigh leads to yet another defeat...they are a good club but they need to be able to adapt and focus with the changing times...like Toronto did to Hudds.

As I put earlier , no great disappointment from the losing fans , players looked fed up , but a feeling of " so what " , let's just win the league instead " 

2 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

As I put earlier , no great disappointment from the losing fans , players looked fed up , but a feeling of " so what " , let's just win the league instead " 

The sense of relief is from not having to meet Toronto in a later round...you guys certainly dodged a bullet there.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

The sense of relief is from not having to meet Toronto in a later round...you guys certainly dodged a bullet there.

There won't be any more ' rounds ' 

2 hours ago, Kayakman said:

Very funny, losing a game away to a SL side with 10 seconds remaining. As  for your  "Yet Another Defeat" ? 1st one of the season.

1 minute ago, clogdance said:

Very funny, losing a game away to a SL side with 10 seconds remaining. As  for your  "Yet Another Defeat" ? 1st one of the season.

If you played Toronto next week that would make it two losses in a row then.

7 hours ago, Stirlin said:

looking at fast moving developments the whole game could be scrapped for the long foreseeable future . Italy is getting worse and we are not even at where they were  a month ago . 

Edited by Anonymouse

57 minutes ago, Anonymouse said:

looking at fast moving developments the whole game could be scrapped for the long foreseeable future . Italy is getting worse and we are not even at where they were  a month ago . 

We are 16 days away, not 4 weeks.