Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
John Drake

Sun 13 Sept: CC6: Castleford Tigers v Hull FC KO 3pm (TV)

Who will win?  

24 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who will win?

    • Castleford Tigers
      18
    • Hull FC
      6

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/09/20 at 14:30

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, snapski said:

He was trying to give his analysis.he wasnt wrong. Too many are too quick to have a go. Maybe he should stop giving interviews, then moaning clowns like you would have nothing to come back on.

Sorry but Daryl Powell should take a step back and take a look at what he’s done to Cas since they bottled the 2017 GF. There’s a reason they got to Old Trafford.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Ullman said:

A'll never forget that fest day at pit. Me an' mi father worked a 72 hour shift, then wi walked home 43 mile through t'snow in us bare feet.

Luxury 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Sorry but Daryl Powell should take a step back and take a look at what he’s done to Cas since they bottled the 2017 GF. There’s a reason they got to Old Trafford.

Ah you mean a grand final when the whole team was disrupted in the week, due to the actions of Hardacre.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

shenton has been stealing money for years - its time for daryl to make some big decisions now- or go elsewhere -the praise heaped on mcshane was laid on thicker than tarmac on toast - ordinary at best - the comparison to cameron smith? well compared to cameron smith hes sheet 

  • Like 1

the grass may be greener on the other side of the fence but the crows are just as black

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hull fans won't be getting carried away with that I hope, as for Cas I think Powell needs to perform some major surgery on his squad, he's got the best out of few of them and another season isn't going to see them improve whatever it throws up, if he has any youngsters in the background now's the time to give them a run, this season if you can call it that is a chance for lots of clubs to take that opportunity, results are irrelevant and you won't be affecting attendences, it's along the approach that Tony Smith's taking and good look to him for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, snapski said:

Ah you mean a grand final when the whole team was disrupted in the week, due to the actions of Hardacre.

I think he meant the squad he assembled and the type of rugby they were playing to be fair.

Edited by Scubby
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

shenton has been stealing money for years - its time for daryl to make some big decisions now- or go elsewhere -the praise heaped on mcshane was laid on thicker than tarmac on toast - ordinary at best - the comparison to cameron smith? well compared to cameron smith hes sheet 

Aye. Shenton has the pace of a geriatric.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Aye. Shenton has the pace of a geriatric.

and thats been kind - i have seen geriatrics move quicker to the front of the queue in the post office 

  • Like 1

the grass may be greener on the other side of the fence but the crows are just as black

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Clogiron said:

Hull fans won't be getting carried away with that I hope, as for Cas I think Powell needs to perform some major surgery on his squad, he's got the best out of few of them and another season isn't going to see them improve whatever it throws up, if he has any youngsters in the background now's the time to give them a run, this season if you can call it that is a chance for lots of clubs to take that opportunity, results are irrelevant and you won't be affecting attendences, it's along the approach that Tony Smith's taking and good look to him for it.

Enjoyed the game and the win but I don't think any of us will be getting carried away. Looked great with the ball at times but the fragility of our goal line defence was all too evident once again. I don't think there's much doubt that Hull having fewer players backing up from Thursday was a major factor but I'll give Lasty a bit of credit for that in the way he managed his squad.


Old Faithful we never lose at Wembley

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GUBRATS said:

Luxury 

"We 'ad it tough!"

I can see where MOK is coming from re. Daryl Powell. With both coaches interviewed after the game, Andy Last immediately praised both sets of players for putting on a show after backing up so soon after Thursday whereas Powell seemed to mainly concentrate on Cas and especially McShane, who you might have thought had played every day for weeks.

I also agree with others who have suggested that our first game on terrestrial tv should not have been the shortest turnaround in our sport for quite some time. It devalues the normal high intensity and quality of our sport with the errors and soft defence resulting from understandable fatigue.

And, to Clogiron, if you think Hull FC fans will be getting carried away after that then you ain't read many posts from me and the like recently.

"We're sh*t, and we know we are!" springs to mind.

But we didn't arf score a couple of crackers, you would have thought Carlos Tuimavave had been reading the press and decided to put on a show for any naysayers out there.

Oh, and we'll get mullered next week.


                                                  "Son, can you play me a memory, I'm not really sure how it goes,

                                   but it's sad and it's sweet and I knew it complete, when I wore a younger man's clothes"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Certainly not getting carried away here either, some great tries scored but against some knackered defenders and our defence was more fragile than a pound shop johnny at times. Tuimavave was utterly brilliant, possibly his best performance for us since he arrived and I thought Shaul was playing well until he went off, some good line breaks, actually running with the ball again which we haven't seen much of from him recently. Houghton making some good runs from dummy half as well which has also disappeared a bit in recent times.

Agree with OF, we are gonna get battered next week. 

Edited by The Hallucinating Goose

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Oh, and we'll get mullered next week.

That depends on which Wigan team turns up.


Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

 

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

Yeah, saying ‘We would have won if hadn’t lost’ shows a touch of delusion from Powell. They aren’t good enough. Simple as. 

Yes.  OK.  They were not the better team.

But individuals, not bad coaching gave away 2 tries either side of half time.  That killed Cas.

Cas generally seemed somewhat laboured and often were not quick witted defensively in the ruck.  Tired.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Padge said:

That depends on which Wigan team turns up.

We may scrape home against Wigan St Judes if we're lucky but I doubt we'll come close to surviving against that professional outfit you also support.


                                                  "Son, can you play me a memory, I'm not really sure how it goes,

                                   but it's sad and it's sweet and I knew it complete, when I wore a younger man's clothes"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Certainly not getting carried away here either, some great tries scored but against some knackered defenders and our defence was more fragile than a pound shop johnny at times. Tuimavave was utterly brilliant, possibly his best performance for us since he arrived and I thought Shaul was playing well until he went off, some good line breaks, actually running with the ball again which we haven't seen much of from him recently. Houghton making some good runs from dummy half as well which has also disappeared a bit in recent times.

Agree with OF, we are gonna get battered next week. 

Is this a bit of reverse physiology I detect? Expect to get hammered, if it happens it doesn't hurt as much, if you win it's a pleasant surprise, Rovers & Trinity fans have adopted that mindset for a while, Rhinos supporters have indulged recently too, somehow I expected more from F.C. fans but considering some of the inexplicable tankings you have endured over the past few years and the money spent it then becomes understandable.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Clogiron said:

Is this a bit of reverse physiology I detect? 

Is that like a war of nutrition?

  • Haha 1

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Is that like a war of nutrition?

Could be, bl**dy predict text, it gets on my tats.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Clogiron said:

Is this a bit of reverse physiology I detect? Expect to get hammered, if it happens it doesn't hurt as much, if you win it's a pleasant surprise, Rovers & Trinity fans have adopted that mindset for a while, Rhinos supporters have indulged recently too, somehow I expected more from F.C. fans but considering some of the inexplicable tankings you have endured over the past few years and the money spent it then becomes understandable.

 

Nope, nothing like that, just expecting to get slaughtered. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Clogiron said:

Is this a bit of reverse physiology I detect? Expect to get hammered, if it happens it doesn't hurt as much, if you win it's a pleasant surprise, Rovers & Trinity fans have adopted that mindset for a while, Rhinos supporters have indulged recently too, somehow I expected more from F.C. fans but considering some of the inexplicable tankings you have endured over the past few years and the money spent it then becomes understandable.

 

Those of us who support Les Dracs have adopted this mindset since day one!

ps - I think you meant 'psychology'!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

Aye. The Silver Fox getting a bit frayed at the edges these days.

To be honest Mark, I thought he looked ill on Sunday. He hasn't looked right for a good while but he looked ill Sunday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After giving this forum a wide berth for a while now it's great to see the same cretins posting the same stuff they did 6 months ago.

 

And to see Fev fans giving it large is pure comedy gold!! 🙂

 

See ya

  • Sad 1

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...