Daryl Powell

41 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Eggsbloodyzactly.

2010-2012 he had the best budget and resources in the league. From 3 Grand Finals and 3 NRC Comps, he won one from six and has form for blowing the big one.... repeated again three years ago in SL. Ridding himself of the "nearly man" tag will always be the monkey on his shoulder....

That said, at both Fev and Cas he took both teams to the top of the table to perform consistently, got a good team spirit going and played entertaining rugby. A nice bloke n'all.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

2010-2012 he had the best budget and resources in the league. From 3 Grand Finals and 3 NRC Comps, he won one from six and has form for blowing the big one.... repeated again three years ago in SL. Ridding himself of the "nearly man" tag will always be the monkey on his shoulder....

That said, at both Fev and Cas he took both teams to the top of the table to perform consistently, got a good team spirit going and played entertaining rugby. A nice bloke n'all.

If he can do that for us, I wouldn't complain at all. I honestly think he could completely transform us if he comes. 

That means it won't happen.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

1 hour ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

If he can do that for us, I wouldn't complain at all. I honestly think he could completely transform us if he comes. 

That means it won't happen.

Didn’t you recently get rid of a coach that not only get you to finals but actually won some of them ?

1 minute ago, Davo5 said:

Didn’t you recently get rid of a coach that not only get you to finals but actually won some of them ?

In 2 of the 6.5 years he was here. In the other 4.5 years, we didn't even make the playoffs and got stuffed along the way.

It's the league form that needs addressing first.

26 minutes ago, redjonn said:

Oh to be a successful nearly man... to get to finals but still deemed not good enough by some non nearly men...

To be fair I do feel some of the disquiet from Hull fans. There is no club contending for honours that have been whacked as many times as Hull over the last 3-5 years. Some of the huge beatings at home have been pretty shameful.

17 minutes ago, Scubby said:

To be fair I do feel some of the disquiet from Hull fans. There is no club contending for honours that have been whacked as many times as Hull over the last 3-5 years. Some of the huge beatings at home have been pretty shameful.

Exactly. The manner of our defeats under Radford were shameful. How can teams just give up the way we have over the years yet still win some big games?

Huge culture change needed. That begins with a new coaching team, not new playing team.

27 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

Who is out of contract at Cas, and might be in the crosshairs for Hull?  Any?

No-one good. Mcmeeken has already signed for Catalan.  Think it leaves:

Junior Moors, Callum Turner, maybe Claire and Holmes too (although I think he has signed a new deal).

6 hours ago, Davo5 said:

his constant need to attach blame to someone else to disguise his shortcomings is tiresome,

Being a coach can make anyone lose their sense of humour and their faculties. And you only have to look what it does to fans to see the end results.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

On 31/10/2020 at 09:31, Davo5 said:

Don’t understand why the club are looking past Andy Last,seems to have turned the team around,playing some exciting rugby,Powell overated and his constant need to attach blame to someone else to disguise his shortcomings is tiresome,

And he's got us into the play-offs in his first season. 😉

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

• 1 month later...

Archived