Wakefield Trinity plans submision

Good luck to Wakefield. Its been a long, hard road, so lets hope it works out well.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

“The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.”
 Friedrich Nietzsche

On 17/12/2021 at 08:52, Kirmonds pouch said:

I can find no record of him at the club. At what level are we talking about exactly, he certainly never signed a full time contract as far as I can see. Why the opinions of a seriously no mark player have any validity is beyond me.

I've forgotten a lot of players over the years, but glad I'm not going senile on this one!

On 19/12/2021 at 12:41, ShropshireBull said:

Fantastic for Wakey and game as a whole.  Should get them closer to the cap in revenue so they can be more successful on the field to give us another challenger.  4G pitch will be huge in building a younger fan base.  Get them on the pitch as kids,  make going to the ground part of the routine. 

In a couple of years we could have 8 teams (Cat,  Toulouse,  Leeds,  Wigan Wire Saints Hull Wakey ) plus some teams in the champ currently all with the finance to be pushing for playoffs, with FTA coverage to boot. 

Will turn alot of games that werent good for tv coverage due to facilities into another option. 

Very well said, thing's are now looking pretty good, since we feared the SKY money cut was going to badly affect the professional game.....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

It´s another stadium that will be fit for purpose,

. Just leaves : Cas , Salford (until they move) and Huddersfield as the main offenders. 

Why are Hudds an offender. Yes they will never fill the place or not often but I can't see why it's not fit for purpose. Half the NRL clubs don't fill their grounds very often.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

Why are Hudds an offender. Yes they will never fill the place or not often but I can't see why it's not fit for purpose. Half the NRL clubs don't fill their grounds very often.

But then NRL clubs get oceans in TV money whereas empty stadiums in UK clearly hurts tv value for product. Not Giants fault and I remember that game vs Leeds where it was rocking but if ever a club needed a good season to keep some momentum going, it would be them. I share a similar fear for Wigan and Hull but to a lesser degree. 

1 hour ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

One of the criteria for licencing was whether the stadium was appropriately sized to the club. The John Smiths clearly isn't, the best possible use of Davy's money would be in creating a purpose- built Rugby League ground for the club.

• 2 months later...

Wouldn’t it be ironic if the ground finally meets the criteria set 20 years ago and then they get relegated 😁

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

Always led to believe that stadiums had to be fit for purpose hence Hunslet and keighley were denied access to the promised land

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward