Jump to content

Wakefield Trinity plans submision


Recommended Posts

Every time I drive past that vast out of place white box on the M62 I think of both what a bad location it seemed to be and of how Trinity were screwed over by the whole process.

Building stadia is incredibly difficult and the news yesterday really is one of the better outcomes: the club doesn't end up somewhere I really couldn't see was a great location whilst being able to redevelop their own home, which they own.

The only downside I see is the ripping up of the pitch. That's a big sacrifice to make for any club.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites


1 hour ago, M j M said:

Every time I drive past that vast out of place white box on the M62 I think of both what a bad location it seemed to be and of how Trinity were screwed over by the whole process.

Building stadia is incredibly difficult and the news yesterday really is one of the better outcomes: the club doesn't end up somewhere I really couldn't see was a great location whilst being able to redevelop their own home, which they own.

The only downside I see is the ripping up of the pitch. That's a big sacrifice to make for any club.

I completely agree. I think the way its all turned out has been a blessing in disguise for Wakefield and a much better outcome.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 16/12/2021 at 18:53, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I'm really happy for the Wakey faithful, they've had to put up with so much over the years when it's come to the ground situation and it finally looks like something might be happening so let's hope everything is sorted in full and work can start soon. 

Great news. I agreed and have said this here previous that it is the supporters who are being taken for a ride if their club doesn't keep the facilities reasonable.

Is the budget c8m. That is 5000 seats and bogs that work! 

You could see the Main Stand and the quirky Hospitality portacabins stand (Personally I love it as although its ugly it gives Belle Vue character.) remaining and two new stands being erected. 

It could be a nice tidy place. 10-11k capacity. Add a 4g pitch and Wakefield's fuiture looks good.

Over to Cas and perhaps SRD then

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fantastic for Wakey and game as a whole.  Should get them closer to the cap in revenue so they can be more successful on the field to give us another challenger.  4G pitch will be huge in building a younger fan base.  Get them on the pitch as kids,  make going to the ground part of the routine. 

In a couple of years we could have 8 teams (Cat,  Toulouse,  Leeds,  Wigan Wire Saints Hull Wakey ) plus some teams in the champ currently all with the finance to be pushing for playoffs, with FTA coverage to boot. 

Will turn alot of games that werent good for tv coverage due to facilities into another option. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 17/12/2021 at 08:52, Kirmonds pouch said:

I can find no record of him at the club. At what level are we talking about exactly, he certainly never signed a full time contract as far as I can see. Why the opinions of a seriously no mark player have any validity is beyond me.

I've forgotten a lot of players over the years, but glad I'm not going senile on this one!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 19/12/2021 at 12:41, ShropshireBull said:

Fantastic for Wakey and game as a whole.  Should get them closer to the cap in revenue so they can be more successful on the field to give us another challenger.  4G pitch will be huge in building a younger fan base.  Get them on the pitch as kids,  make going to the ground part of the routine. 

In a couple of years we could have 8 teams (Cat,  Toulouse,  Leeds,  Wigan Wire Saints Hull Wakey ) plus some teams in the champ currently all with the finance to be pushing for playoffs, with FTA coverage to boot. 

Will turn alot of games that werent good for tv coverage due to facilities into another option. 

Very well said, thing's are now looking pretty good, since we feared the SKY money cut was going to badly affect the professional game.....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

It´s another stadium that will be fit for purpose,

. Just leaves : Cas , Salford (until they move) and Huddersfield as the main offenders. 

Why are Hudds an offender. Yes they will never fill the place or not often but I can't see why it's not fit for purpose. Half the NRL clubs don't fill their grounds very often.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

Why are Hudds an offender. Yes they will never fill the place or not often but I can't see why it's not fit for purpose. Half the NRL clubs don't fill their grounds very often.

But then NRL clubs get oceans in TV money whereas empty stadiums in UK clearly hurts tv value for product. Not Giants fault and I remember that game vs Leeds where it was rocking but if ever a club needed a good season to keep some momentum going, it would be them. I share a similar fear for Wigan and Hull but to a lesser degree. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

Why are Hudds an offender. Yes they will never fill the place or not often but I can't see why it's not fit for purpose. Half the NRL clubs don't fill their grounds very often.

One of the criteria for licencing was whether the stadium was appropriately sized to the club. The John Smiths clearly isn't, the best possible use of Davy's money would be in creating a purpose- built Rugby League ground for the club.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...