Thur 1 Apr: SL: Wigan Warriors v Wakefield Trinity KO 18:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors
    • Wakefield Trinity

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/04/21 at 17:30

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

It was what you wanted to read, wasn't it?

What was the penalty for?

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

17 minutes ago, JohnM said:

.. On the other hand... 😀😀😀😀😀

That's the first try he's scored* since 2018. Obviously rubbish.

*for Wigan

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

36 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

sounds like we are getting the usual wakey for this season just like any other season

Wigan had a say in that.  Pack worked hard and Wigan moved the ball as well which was encouraging for Wigan fans at least.

Hardaker looks sharp and nimble as well as strong.  Its taken him probably 18 months to get back to what he should be.

35 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Did Son of Ellery play wing in the Academy? Looks a bit out of his depth.

He's a fullback generally but played a lot of his junior rugby at centre. He'll be fine. He's only played 3 times in the last year and wing isn't a familiar position. I remember how many errors Marshall and Burgess used to make when they came into the side. Just needs a bit of patience.

20 minutes ago, EagleEyePie said:

He's a fullback generally but played a lot of his junior rugby at centre. He'll be fine. He's only played 3 times in the last year and wing isn't a familiar position. I remember how many errors Marshall and Burgess used to make when they came into the side. Just needs a bit of patience.

Indeed. Lets all show him a lot of forbearance and he will be a fine player

20 minutes ago, EagleEyePie said:

Yes.  There is a bit of over obsessing with Hanley.  He is really an Academy player and it's really only his 2nd game... ignore the silly match against Saints last season.    He will develop and there is no rush.  Then we can simply wait and see.

You tell when a coach is under pressure when he slates his own players in a televised post match interview. here are things that need to be said in a dressing room and things that should not be said outside thta dressing room to do the opposite is to defect criticism. Sounds like there's a Taxi coming for Chris Chester

As for Brian Carney,  post Jackson Hastngs interview in which he confirms he is contracted to Wigan for 2021 "Jenna you had better cut n' paste that question for later on" then at the end Bevan French coming back "he will be playing in the halves if rumours are correct". Are you trying to tell us something Brian ?

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

Felt a bit for Wakey, even with the creative Miller and lively Lino in the halves, they struggled to trouble a very good Wigan defence. Reminded me of the play off SF between the Pies and my lot last year, didn't look like we'd score if we played all night.

And the use of the video ref to overturn a decision when ref thought Bateman had knocked on, yet it's not used to check how Wakey's biggest threat took one on the chin which kept him out for the rest of the game due to an unsurprising failed HIA. And the obvious culprit, Isa, goes on to have a very good game, just to rub salt in.

Only in Rugby League.

:kolobok_sad:   Hull FC....The Sons of God....  :kolobok_sad:
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

12 hours ago, snapski said:

Made of glass

If that's a reference to Tom Johnstone needing to leave the field after that hit on his chin from Isa, it's a bit out of order. TJ has had his fair share of down time due to innocuous tackles but this wasn't one of them.

He was caught high and right on the chin, if I'd have been on the receiving end of that I wouldn't have got up for several hours.

2 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Felt a bit for Wakey, even with the creative Miller and lively Lino in the halves, they struggled to trouble a very good Wigan defence. Reminded me of the play off SF between the Pies and my lot last year, didn't look like we'd score if we played all night.

And the use of the video ref to overturn a decision when ref thought Bateman had knocked on, yet it's not used to check how Wakey's biggest threat took one on the chin which kept him out for the rest of the game due to an unsurprising failed HIA. And the obvious culprit, Isa, goes on to have a very good game, just to rub salt in.

Only in Rugby League.

Isa a was not a culprit.  He made a tackle.  The game is in constant motion, not played in slow motion replays. 

20 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

Isa a was not a culprit.  He made a tackle.  The game is in constant motion, not played in slow motion replays. 

As has already been stated earlier in this thread, his reckless high shot resulted in an opponent missing the rest of the game having failed a HIA. Whether it was a deliberate action or not, he should have been held accountable. 

3 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

As has already been stated earlier in this thread, his reckless high shot resulted in an opponent missing the rest of the game having failed a HIA. Whether it was a deliberate action or not, he should have been held accountable. 

It was a shame, as Johnstone is the most watchable winger in the competition. I hope he’s ok.

31 minutes ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

It was a shame, as Johnstone is the most watchable winger in the competition. I hope he’s ok.

Indeed he is mate, I'm sure everybody echoes your sentiments.

4 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

It was not a reckless head shot ... It was a tackle.  Already this morning we have seen several head and neck tackles in the Wire Leigh game, mostly ignored. 

Tierney was tackled around the head and his attacker penalised.  Tierney fell back in the tackle which he why he got caught in the head. As it happens he did not get concussed. But Isa was not even regarded as a foul by the referee... just as other tackles around the  neck were ignored in the Wire game. 

This game is not run in slow motion.  Everybody want to see the game ever faster, but then want defenders to stand like statues. 

3 hours ago, Rupert Prince said:

It was not a reckless head shot ... It was a tackle. 

So Isa's swinging arm that caught Johnstone on the chin was a tackle was it? And you're saying that's why it wasn't penalised?

I would venture to suggest the officials didn't see the contact with the chin, that's why it wasn't penalised.

How long do you think a game would last if all the players were allowed to "tackle" in the manner that Isa did?

5 or 6 minutes maybe? Perhaps longer as it would take time for all the players "tackled" to be helped off the field.

17 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

So Isa's swinging arm that caught Johnstone on the chin was a tackle was it? And you're saying that's why it wasn't penalised?

I would venture to suggest the officials didn't see the contact with the chin, that's why it wasn't penalised.

How long do you think a game would last if all the players were allowed to "tackle" in the manner that Isa did?

5 or 6 minutes maybe? Perhaps longer as it would take time for all the players "tackled" to be helped off the field.

Lots of tackles take contact with the neck and head.  You are wanting Isa to be sanctioned and given matches.

Tierney was tackled at the head.  The ref saw what happened and just gave a penalty and never even talked to the player.  A number of tackles to the neck were ignored before that.

Isa did not get penalty when in front of the ref.  

One player did not get a concussion, the other did.   The game is fast elusive and manouverable.  Its going to end up with players standing around saying 'after you Claud', 'no after you Cecil'

14 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

Lots of tackles take contact with the neck and head.  You are wanting Isa to be sanctioned and given matches.

Tierney was tackled at the head.  The ref saw what happened and just gave a penalty and never even talked to the player.  A number of tackles to the neck were ignored before that.

Isa did not get penalty when in front of the ref.  

One player did not get a concussion, the other did.   The game is fast elusive and manouverable.  Its going to end up with players standing around saying 'after you Claud', 'no after you Cecil'

After reading this post, you clearly think a high swinging arm that makes contact with the chin resulting in a player missing the rest of the match with concussion is okay.

We'll just have to agree to disagree.

Do you support Wigan? If so, the next time a Wigan player is felled by a high shot that goes unpunished, resulting in outrage from other Wigan fans on here, I'll point them in your direction if that's okay.

3 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

After reading this post, you clearly think a high swinging arm that makes contact with the chin resulting in a player missing the rest of the match with concussion is okay.

We'll just have to agree to disagree.

Do you support Wigan? If so, the next time a Wigan player is felled by a high shot that goes unpunished, resulting in outrage from other Wigan fans on here, I'll point them in your direction if that's okay.

I get what you are saying, but you simply cannot look to eradicate every collision in the game. There is no way that Isa went in to do him there, so are you saying that every accidental collision, in what is essentially a sport driven by collisions, should be penalised? We would have 10 players a game sent off if that was the case.

It was unfortunate, and I don't like to see it happen to any player, but if you take the contact out of the game, then it isn't half the game it should be. What happens if a player slips as he is going to tackle someone and his opponent trips over him and breaks his leg? Does the guy who slipped get sent off?

Archived