Fri 25 Jun: Intl: England v Combined Nations All Stars KO 20:15 (TV)

Who will win?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• England by 13 points or more
    • England by 7 to 12 points
    • England by 1 to 6 points
    • Draw
    • Combined Nations All Stars by 1 to 6 points
    • Combined Nations All Stars by 7 to 12 points
    • Combined Nations All Stars by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 25/06/21 at 19:45

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, yipyee said:

Quite true on the catalans however pointing out that this team beat that team in history shouldnt dictate future fixtures

If this team beat that team multiple times by multiple big scores over history, that creates a trend.

When you only have a limited number of opportunities for fixtures (VERY limited in recent years), you're going to be selective of opposition.

What have France done in that time to show they have improved their competitiveness?

I'd love to play France annually, but not if they're not going to field their strongest side and subsequently get battered in front of next to no one as it's not a draw. Nobody wins.

I do agree though that they shouldn't be playing England A. I've said for years that first teams shouldn't play second teams. It's a lose-lose situation for the game.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

30 minutes ago, yipyee said:

If you pick French players then we should just play France init

Well no, because if they can't put out a competitive side, nobody will get anything out of it.

They have historically put out weak sides mid-season due to players becoming unavailable due to club fixtures or phantom injuries. During Covid times, that's only going to be worse.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

4 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

If this team beat that team multiple times by multiple big scores over history, that creates a trend.

When you only have a limited number of opportunities for fixtures (VERY limited in recent years), you're going to be selective of opposition.

What have France done in that time to show they have improved their competitiveness?

I'd love to play France annually, but not if they're not going to field their strongest side and subsequently get battered in front of next to no one as it's not a draw. Nobody wins.

I do agree though that they shouldn't be playing England A. I've said for years that first teams shouldn't play second teams. It's a lose-lose situation for the game.

Perhaps they should play an All Stars

2 hours ago, Davo5 said:

that mindset is a thing of the past and post Covid we start playing competitive tests against them on a regular basis.

There is only the French mentality and commitment from both the player's and the administrative body that can bring that about Dav.

5 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

There is only the French mentality and commitment from both the player's and the administrative body that can bring that about Dav.

I’d have thought the addition of Robinson was ample proof of the governing bodies commitment and given his standing in the game the players should respond.

9 hours ago, Davo5 said:

I’d have thought the addition of Robinson was ample proof of the governing bodies commitment and given his standing in the game the players should respond.

Hopefully that will be the case with Mr Robinson's appointment, but with the best will in the world apart from a few like Tony Gigot who put his hand up for his country whenever required a lot of his fellow countrymen couldn't be bothered.

You'd imagine with Lomax out he'll either move Tomkins to 6 and put Ratchford in at FB or just put Ratchford straight in at 6. Decision also to be made in who to replace at prop with Walmsley also out.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

9 minutes ago, Moove said:

Lomax out. Picked up a leg injury in training and replaced by Welsby. Congrats 'Young' Jack Welsby 👍

Saints have a lot of injuries at the minute, I wonder if they'll all recover by their next game?

1 minute ago, Spidey said:

Saints have a lot of injuries at the minute, I wonder if they'll all recover by their next game?

Before you continue with your conspiracy theories, you do realise they were withdrawn by the England doctor and not by Saints ??

Just now, Saint Toppy said:

Before you continue with your conspiracy theories, you do realise they were withdrawn by the England doctor and not by Saints ??

I'm just concerned Saints may not have a team next week - that's all...

54 minutes ago, Moove said:

Lomax out. Picked up a leg injury in training and replaced by Welsby. Congrats 'Young' Jack Welsby 👍

Saints playing a blinder,giving their big imports and 2 of their influential players 2 weeks off.

14 hours ago, HullWire said:

No offence to some of the valid points raised but its bizzare that RL fans complain that there's a Rl game to watch 😉

Its astonishing and the nay sayers are really boring 

Its a chance to see the England team perform and who knows might even be an exciting game 

7 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Saints playing a blinder,giving their big imports and 2 of their influential players 2 weeks off.

Isn't it the Wigan Doctor Chris Brooks who's the head of England medical staff and the former Wigan Coach Wane who released them from the squad - well done Wigan you've played a blinder 😉

27 minutes ago, Mark S said:

Looking forward to the game, I love international rugby.

Don't worry somebody will be along shortly to tell you this isn't international rugby.

And that it's ######

12 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Hi Harry,

Just off to the Beatles museum for the day then back to the stadium later my wife and I have 2 spare tickets in a box with food if you would like to join us.

Just PM me if you can make it and I will arrange for them to be left on reception.

I will be back around 3/4PM and will reply.

Paul

17 hours ago, Gates1 said:

By that notion, why should players of other nationalities?

What's the incentive for anyone to play for the combined nations?

Ask those who came up with the concept, not me, who would prefer England to be playing France.

17 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

I take it from that statement that you are completly unaware of how many French players made themselves unavailable to play FOR THEIR country In the recent games against England.

I am sure you will come up with some excuse why they did not want to play.

No, I won't.

Archived