Rugby League World Cup 2021 (Merged Threads)

1 hour ago, Chris22 said:

10,000+ expected at Headingley for Australia v Fiji (not sure how this tallys with all seats almost sold)

That would be really disappointing if it’s around the 10-12k mark; pretty certain Headingley was pretty full for each game at RLWC13. 

1 hour ago, Chris22 said:

40,000 now sold for St James' Park on Saturday.

Less than 5,000 left for Bolton (so same as a few weeks ago)

Sales for England v Greece are "decent" according to Jon Dutton

10,000+ expected at Headingley for Australia v Fiji (not sure how this tallys with all seats almost sold)

Tonga v Cook Islands at Middlesbrough is struggling. 

10,000+ sold for England v Brazil women's opener.

Dutton talking a lot about hoping for a build in sales as tournament progresses and some matches not being where they would want.

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/jon-dutton-world-cup-tickets-25246828

Ridiculous all the England matches should have been sold out.

I don't want to rock the boat here however the promotion has been poor just preaching to the converted and as for sales to build during the tournament everything should have been sold ages ago for gods sake we have had an extra year.

Poor show not impressed:(

P

• Like 2

We were told weeks ago that the organisers expected sellouts for the England games and final. They are now lowering expectations. It is little wonder that the £55+ tickets for England v France are struggling, and the high ticket prices for a game V Greece at Sheffield are putting people off. 

It feels like they are just not shifting. 

39 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

That would be really disappointing if it’s around the 10-12k mark; pretty certain Headingley was pretty full for each game at RLWC13. 

That would be a rubbish crowd. 

we have been debating this game - if we could have just paid in to the south stand like we used to- and found somewhere to stand like we used to- then me and a few mates would have had a couple of beers and made the turnstiles click - but buying online to be penned in to certain colour shaded areas of the ground ? not for us 

• Like 1

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

16 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

we have been debating this game - if we could have just paid in to the south stand like we used to- and found somewhere to stand like we used to- then me and a few mates would have had a couple of beers and made the turnstiles click - but buying online to be penned in to certain colour shaded areas of the ground ? not for us 

There has been plenty of time for you to buy a ticket for the south stand if you actually wanted to go

18 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

With the South Stand standing tickets you can stand wherever you like, it's the seating that is colour coded. So instead of making up issues get your tickets bought.

• Like 3

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

2 minutes ago, Spidey said:

There has been plenty of time for you to buy a ticket for the south stand if you actually wanted to go

true - - been sectioned up to the colour of your cash takes the fun out of it though 

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

18 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

I believe you can still do this, I think? 

I just had an email saying tickets can be bought on the day at the grounds, and I believe there are still tickets left for the south stand terrace, which is unreserved. 

I wish this game had been on the Sunday, I'd have definitely gone to this on the way back from Newcastle, rather than the Scotland Italy game. 

28 minutes ago, Archie Gordon said:

I'm not convinced Middlesbrough is the problem. One issue is that it has been priced as a premium game - as if Tonga are as popular as Australia or NZ. On the same day, it is cheaper to go watch Samoa-France, which seems more attractive to me.

The trouble is that it's a 30k+ capacity ground in a place where RL isn't really played. If there was a 10k-14k capacity stadium you'd have half a chance of making a good atmosphere but even a decent crowd for the fixture will get lost in such a big stadium.

• Like 1

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.