2022 New Kits, Sponsors and Suppliers

I like jerseys that are created that also give something back to charities - it's very commendable. What i'm not so keen on is, as per this example, it's simply a pink jersey with no reference to the charity it supports? I know many recognise the link between pink and Cancer Research, but equally plenty of teams just have pink kits. The release with it says the Cancer Research logo will feature on the front of the jersey but I can't see it and it's confusing if that's to be added later and they've just released imagery with the normal sponsor? 

My other gripe is that these are always seemingly worn on Magic Weekend which time and time agains proves itself to be a great advert for RL, but almost none of the clubs are in their traditional colours? We should adopt the NRL approach of all teams doing stuff like this on set weekly rounds - it makes it a bigger event and makes sense to the viewer. 

Edited by hunsletgreenandgold
  • Like 5

21 minutes ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

My other gripe is that these are always seemingly worn on Magic Weekend which time and time agains proves itself to be a great advert for RL, but almost none of the clubs are in their traditional colours? We should adopt the NRL approach of all teams doing stuff like this on set weekly rounds - it makes it a bigger event and makes sense to the viewer. 

A charity round is an idea that always gets brought up, makes complete sense, and is never taken up!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RigbyLuger said:

A charity round is an idea that always gets brought up, makes complete sense, and is never taken up!

you already gave the answer to why it is never taken up just before!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

Yeah, it was a bit of a botch job, they should have just said no sponsor signed yet, I know Wire did that about 20 years ago. But I suppose the Iqoniq situation was a bit mad at the time. 

The problem is that they created this false narrative about making it a customer choice etc. It wasn't, it was a main sponsor issue. 

It was blindingly obvious at the time that there was a main sponsor issue. 

I wonder how much these new guys have actually paid.

11 minutes ago, NERugbyDad said:

Two games in to the season and Newcastle Thunder finally release images of this seasons strips but they won't be avaiable till the end of the month! 

The light blue change strip is 'A modern version of 1999's inaugural away shirt from the Gateshead days' 

They’re very good. Both of them. 

What’s the shirt they’ve played in, then? I don’t think it was their 2021 home shirt. 

spacer.png

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jughead said:

They’re very good. Both of them. 

What’s the shirt they’ve played in, then? I don’t think it was their 2021 home shirt. 

spacer.png

When they released pictures of it they said it was for the January friendlies but then they've had it on the first 2 games, if you look there is no Macron badge on it, no manufacturer at all, seems there has been some issue getting the new strips done in time

**just seen a news item on website saying it had been delayed by Covid and will be worn for first time Feb19th against Whitehaven 

Edited by NERugbyDad
Additional info
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, NERugbyDad said:

Two games in to the season and Newcastle Thunder finally release images of this seasons strips but they won't be avaiable till the end of the month! 

The light blue change strip is 'A modern version of 1999's inaugural away shirt from the Gateshead days' 

The home shirt is worth the wait, love it. 

• Like 2

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson