New team in the GF

Must say I’m delighted that there’ll be a new team in the final this year, like I was when Salford made it in 2019. Saints v Catalans is the obvious choice on the pitch but Hull KR fans would really get OT rocking - either way I can’t wait to be there 😎

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I was dreading a Pies v Saints GF but this is great news.

I hear a lot about the quality of the competition when the St PieLoins aren't that strong but I think its a lot more depressing when two of those teams make the GF anyway despite a flat and unremarkable season. We'll Done HKR! A breath of fresh air.

• Like 2

TESTICULI AD  BREXITAM.

30 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Must say I’m delighted that there’ll be a new team in the final this year, like I was when Salford made it in 2019. Saints v Catalans is the obvious choice on the pitch but Hull KR fans would really get OT rocking - either way I can’t wait to be there 😎

Yeah I'm looking forward to being thier too. I'm pretty desperate for Saints to not make it though.... Couldn't stand them winning another title 

Edited by Bedfordshire Bronco
  • Thanks 1

It will be good for a new name on the trophy ,but our sport may be small at the side of the FA PREMIERSHIP  ,but there is also a very small number of clubs guaranteed to win their league 

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

Surprised this thread hasn't had a lot more positive response seeing as though everyone moans about the same teams in the Grand Final year after year.

It will be great to see a new team at Old Trafford and it is a win win. Either Catalans which is great for the league with the French coming to the fore or HKR as underdogs playing a superb brand of Rugby. What's not to like.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

HKR as underdogs playing a superb brand of Rugby. What's not to like.

I can think of summat...

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

England RU Coach Eddie Jones : "I spent a bit of time up at Hull and I like the full back there Connor, he's a tough, skilful player"

Jake Connor : "I've never played Union, it doesn't look that hard, you never say never but it looks too boring for me"

5 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Yet 70k+ turn up for the final

But how many of those attend through the season? People jumping on the final bandwagon doesn't mean it's a good system for the sport.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bod said:

But how many of those attend through the season? People jumping on the final bandwagon doesn't mean it's a good system for the sport.

Quite a lot, I reckon. The GF is a grand day out for fans.

• Like 2

Four legs good - two legs bad

29 minutes ago, Bod said:

Well the sport has had playoffs in more seasons that outright champs. It’s perfectly fine

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Bod said:

Well yes if you're a fan of a club which has a habit of coming top and choking when the pressure is on then I can well imagine you wouldn't like a system which needs a team to prove their Champion qualities on the biggest stage.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, M j M said:

Well yes if you're a fan of a club which has a habit of coming top and choking when the pressure is on then I can well imagine you wouldn't like a system which needs a team to prove their Champion qualities on the biggest stage.

Like HKR?

1 hour ago, JohnM said:

Quite a lot, I reckon. The GF is a grand day out for fans.

Agreed and I would keep building it and building it into a real celebration (top to bottom of rugby league in this country) of the game.

I would celebrate all the champion teams at other levels, all the great retirees, some music and anything else to make it feel like a big event.

The only slight pivot I would make is while still keeping it affordable for all, just to tone down some of the excessive drinking.  I like a drink to unwind with the match, but it’s obvious some can’t handle and behave after a whole afternoon of it.

I don’t know what the solution is sadly and we still want a great atmosphere, but just in keeping with the best traditions of rugby league fans.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Henson Park Old Firm said:

I'd love for the super league GF played on the same day as the NRL GF, then it would a whole day of GF!

It would probably be all organised, tickets sold, tv schedule agreed and then the NRL would change their minds....

• Like 2