Jump to content

Salford Announcement


Recommended Posts


28 minutes ago, philipw said:

They’ve signed Mark Sneyd as well. Luke Gale rumoured to be going Hull FC. 

As a Leeds fan I'll be pretty angry if the club released Gale. Him, Sezer and Austin in the halves was supposed to robustly cover all eventualities next year. It would be madness to release him now.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

You have no money and no future until you are out of that box.  You will have maybe the lowest budget in the league. 

Who were you expecting? 

Rowley has previously said no to the role. Salford have had some awful coaches over the years, Harris, McRae, Harvey, Parrish.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, M j M said:

As a Leeds fan I'll be pretty angry if the club released Gale. Him, Sezer and Austin in the halves was supposed to robustly cover all eventualities next year. It would be madness to release him now.

Frees up salary cap and we should get a fee.

If he wants to go no point making him stay.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, M j M said:

As a Leeds fan I'll be pretty angry if the club released Gale. Him, Sezer and Austin in the halves was supposed to robustly cover all eventualities next year. It would be madness to release him now.

I can't see any of those wanting to be a backup player.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Red Willow said:

Rowley has previously said no to the role. Salford have had some awful coaches over the years, Harris, McRae, Harvey, Parrish.   

You don´t have bad coaches, you have no money. People overestimate what the average coach does, that is why one that can really must make a difference (Mac, Watson) are valueable. Swap the coaches and keep the same budget 9 times out of ten teams are staying in the same position. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Noble's teams will be remembered for the converse tragedy of being useless and how many Koukash millions they cost.

Chase, Locke, Hock and Smith. 

Pretty much good to see club trained Marc E. Sneyd back. Need a Mossop type pack lead now.  

Edited by idrewthehaggis
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

You don´t have bad coaches, you have no money. People overestimate what the average coach does, that is why one that can really must make a difference (Mac, Watson) are valueable. Swap the coaches and keep the same budget 9 times out of ten teams are staying in the same position. 

No these coaches were awful, no amount of money would have made the difference. McRae was ill at the time so has an excuse. Look at what become of these men, Parrish went to being an assistant again and coach of one of the smaller nations, Harvey went back to pig farming. McRae and Harris aren't coaching. 

This isn't about winning and losing games it is about the difference a coach makes. Coaches like Harrison and Watson it could be seen on the pitch what a coach was trying to achieve. 

I haven't included Noble in this group even though I think he is a dinosaur and hasn't developed himself. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Red Willow said:

No these coaches were awful, no amount of money would have made the difference. McRae was ill at the time so has an excuse. Look at what become of these men, Parrish went to being an assistant again and coach of one of the smaller nations, Harvey went back to pig farming. McRae and Harris aren't coaching. 

This isn't about winning and losing games it is about the difference a coach makes. Coaches like Harrison and Watson it could be seen on the pitch what a coach was trying to achieve. 

I haven't included Noble in this group even though I think he is a dinosaur and hasn't developed himself. 

We will have to agree to disagree, significant amounts of statistical information from football and other sports suggests it is wages that determine success. Obviously in a salary cap sport the emphasis on a good coach is increased but in general, money, not coaches, talk. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

In a week of very confusing news, this is very bad news.

Awful coach who brings out the worst aspect(s) of gamesmanship.

Noble gave away Fages and Sneyd,who went off to lift silverware,while Chase,Smith and Locke went onto something else.

Shame.I used to quite like Salford.

  • Confused 1

     No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

We will have to agree to disagree, significant amounts of statistical information from football and other sports suggests it is wages that determine success. Obviously in a salary cap sport the emphasis on a good coach is increased but in general, money, not coaches, talk. 

So how do you explain Watson’s relative success at Salford?

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, johnh1 said:

So how do you explain Watson’s relative success at Salford?

Because as I said the good managers stand out. But statistically, most coaches will recieve the same result. I would also add that unearthing Jackson Hasting who was playing significantly below his market value due to , shall we say, óff field issues´ made a significant difference. Once his wage reflected his ability, he was gone and the team has fallen back to it´s financial level. 

There´s a reason that Wakefield and Salford are propping up the league most seasons and have really only been saved by covid and denying Leigh a level playing field. This season will be a fairer reflection on where Salford sit. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Because as I said the good managers stand out. But statistically, most coaches will recieve the same result. I would also add that unearthing Jackson Hasting who was playing significantly below his market value due to , shall we say, óff field issues´ made a significant difference. Once his wage reflected his ability, he was gone and the team has fallen back to it´s financial level. 

There´s a reason that Wakefield and Salford are propping up the league most seasons and have really only been saved by covid and denying Leigh a level playing field. This season will be a fairer reflection on where Salford sit. 

Explain teams like Manchester United. Plenty of money but the back 4 play like strangers.

A good coach will improve any team regardless of the money. This is what Watson did. He developed a mentality and an ethic. He will improve Huddersfield. I am sure the fans there can see what he is doing with the team and know it takes patience. Other coaches fail to get the best from world class players look at Wigan.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...