Jump to content

Leigh away


Recommended Posts

What's everyone's thoughts on this week personally I would be happy to right this week off and give fitzy and few others a week off and go again next week against London 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites


My thought. If leigh can put 52 points on batley at batley. I would be happy with that. Been honesty, think could be 80 plus points. I hope they have one eye on totteham.  Nobody goner get anything posative from going there than other to keep score down.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, IanMac said:

It’s on our league as well if anybody fancies paying £4.95. 

I hope that isn’t the score 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, J Phil Loxton said:

Being a Fev fan DavidM I hope that is the score. Cos it looks like you've won 4-95 😂

Well we did beat them 94-4 once ! So we’d need to pop a drop goal over this time.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Derwent Parker said:

540934892_Image(10).jpg.598f4d4f48539a10d241f2c6aecf5049.jpg

Yes that team would do for Sunday, great distant memories.

  • Like 1

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, anok4u said:

Yes that team would do for Sunday, great distant memories.

Yes would be great.

Some people need to remember - when being negative all the time [on here] that the year previous to this match we went to Leigh and were well beaten 68 - 0 at Hilton Park  [ I was there ]

And as we can see in the matter of 12 months we beat them 94-4 and thankfully [ I was there also ]

Things can change quickly and no doubt Chris and the team are working on it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Derwent Parker said:

Yes would be great.

Some people need to remember - when being negative all the time [on here] that the year previous to this match we went to Leigh and were well beaten 68 - 0 at Hilton Park  [ I was there ]

And as we can see in the matter of 12 months we beat them 94-4 and thankfully [ I was there also ]

Things can change quickly and no doubt Chris and the team are working on it.

You sure that was the same year? I could be thinking of a different game but i thought that was a night match and Stuart Hoyles was our best player but that would be a few years after. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Johnny Ringo said:

Leigh will rest as many of their first choice stars as possible this week as they will be looking to win the Cup Final against Featherstone next Saturday with a day shorter turnaround. 

Oh well might only put 70 points on us then 

  • Like 1

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, homeandawayer said:

You sure that was the same year? I could be thinking of a different game but i thought that was a night match and Stuart Hoyles was our best player but that would be a few years after. 

The 68-6 (Not nil by Town) defeat at Hilton Park was on 8/03/92....Town's score from Wear with try and goal.

The Round Five Cup victory score of 94-4 to Town was at Derwent Park on 26/02/95...so approx three year gap.

Edited by chromedome
wrong round
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Derwent Parker said:

Yes would be great.

Some people need to remember - when being negative all the time [on here] that the year previous to this match we went to Leigh and were well beaten 68 - 0 at Hilton Park  [ I was there ]

And as we can see in the matter of 12 months we beat them 94-4 and thankfully [ I was there also ]

Things can change quickly and no doubt Chris and the team are working on it.

Doubt it , we did the double that year to get promoted 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Derwent Parker said:

Yes would be great.

Some people need to remember - when being negative all the time [on here] that the year previous to this match we went to Leigh and were well beaten 68 - 0 at Hilton Park  [ I was there ]

And as we can see in the matter of 12 months we beat them 94-4 and thankfully [ I was there also ]

Things can change quickly and no doubt Chris and the team are working on it.

No - it was a three year gap.......

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, chromedome said:

The 68-6 (Not nil by Town) defeat at Hilton Park was on 8/03/92....Town's score from Wear with try and goal.

The Round Five Cup victory score of 94-4 to Town was at Derwent Park on 26/02/95...so approx three year gap.

My mistake - going of memory not records

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

For this match like my visit to meet Jimmy Saville at the BBC, I think I`ll just shut my eyes and pretend it didn't happen.

Edited by dkw
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Johnny Ringo said:

Leigh will rest as many of their first choice stars as possible this week as they will be looking to win the Cup Final against Featherstone next Saturday with a day shorter turnaround. 

Don’t think it would matter if they played their wives at the minute marra 😢😢

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just go and give it a go, you have nothing to loose.

As I mentioned on our forum when Leigh were playing uphill and they got a scrum they tendered to hold the ball in the base of the scrum to try and catch Batley defenders off side like they do in union.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Mr Frisky said:

I'm looking at train times to Leigh at the moment.

Sports village is off East lancs road, dont think it is anywhere near a station

Edited by Onreport
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...