Sun 19 Jun: France v Wales KO 14:30 (UK Time)

Who will win?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• France by 13 points or more
    • France by 7 to 12 points
    • France by 1 to 6 points
    • Wales by 1 to 6 points
    • Wales by 7 to 12 points
    • Wales by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/06/22 at 14:00

4 minutes ago, Archie Gordon said:

Ok. My understanding was that there are 8k seats.

Done a bit of research and looks like you're right, 13k is the overall capacity but it does look like 8k of that is seated so that will be the two stands and I guess there must be some standing somewhere. Well like I say, that figure was one I saw on twitter. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

BBC report for this game is a bit unfair. France thrashed rusty Wales apparently. I guess no one at the BBC watched this because Wales certainly were a lot better than the scoreline suggested. 

It's what they call click bait if it's in a title. Emotive words are designed to get you to go to the article. Words like thrash and slam are examples. I read that article but in general I won't read them if the title has been sensationalised.  

• Like 2

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

Atlantisman and I spoke with Luc Lacoste about two hours ago - 1500 or so who bought tickets didn’t attend probably due to the heat. Wonderful pre match meal 

Welsh team still drinking in the Irish bar and well deserved IMO

Albi great place all round. Pity the roof blew off stand at the end 😥….International games are the future - I’ve tasted it for the first time in years and want more of it. 

• Like 8

3 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

BBC report for this game is a bit unfair. France thrashed rusty Wales apparently. I guess no one at the BBC watched this because Wales certainly were a lot better than the scoreline suggested. 

I was unaware of the score until I read this and then looked at the BBC website. Talk about harsh. 34-10 is certainly not a thrashing by any measure. This just illustrates how internationals in RL are reported negatively compared to other sports. I'm loathe to mention RU but the reporting would be quite different even with a margin twice as wide.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Damien said:

I was unaware of the score until I read this and then looked at the BBC website. Talk about harsh. 34-10 is certainly not a thrashing by any measure. This just illustrates how internationals in RL are reported negatively compared to other sports. I'm loathe to mention RU but the reporting would be quite different even with a margin twice as wide.

Just had a sneaky look at the BBC RU page......while (according to the BBC) Wales RL were thrashed 34 v 10. Apparently England only 'lost' a pre tour match to the Barbarians. The score.52 v 21. You couldn't make it up 😳

• Like 3

8 hours ago, burnleywelsh said:

Just had a sneaky look at the BBC RU page......while (according to the BBC) Wales RL were thrashed 34 v 10. Apparently England only 'lost' a pre tour match to the Barbarians. The score.52 v 21. You couldn't make it up 😳

Staring you right in the face. 

• Like 1

I unfortunately had to give up on the live stream after 10-15 minutes. It kept buffering for me and was just too frustrating to stick with.

Wales seem to have been brave, and France a bit rusty for much of the game.

36 minutes ago, StandOffHalf said:

I unfortunately had to give up on the live stream after 10-15 minutes. It kept buffering for me and was just too frustrating to stick with.

Wales seem to have been brave, and France a bit rusty for much of the game.

Wales were brave but then conditions affected both sides naming France couldnt do what they wanted either not so much being rusty.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, burnleywelsh said:

That`s why we`ll show the bastards how to play attractive and exciting ` rugby `come World Cup time.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Pen-Y-Bont Crusader said:

Wales were brave but then conditions affected both sides naming France couldnt do what they wanted either not so much being rusty.

To say they were thrashed, is at best amateurish journalism, at worst a scurrilous slur.

I was proud of our blokes.

It was a match, they never stopped trying and managed to score a couple of tries.

Let's just keep building the game in Wales.

I watched two new clubs playing each other last weekend, so if we can keep adding amateur clubs, schools and colleges, as we go along, we will continue to produce more players of international class, down the line.

It's a slow process, but a joy to be involved in. 

• Like 7

10 hours ago, Damien said:

In the BBC's credit column: Midland (sic) Hurricanes now appear (correctly) as Midlands Hurricanes in the corp website's fixtures, results and tables. Don't know if anybody else complained to the BBC about this error. I did (just to see if the error would endure a full season). It took three complaints before action was taken by the BBC. PA Media's Howden-based sports department to blame, it seems. There's a surprise.

Edited by Hopping Mad

4 hours ago, fighting irish said:

To say they were thrashed, is at best amateurish journalism, at worst a scurrilous slur.

I was proud of our blokes.

It was a match, they never stopped trying and managed to score a couple of tries.

Let's just keep building the game in Wales.

I watched two new clubs playing each other last weekend, so if we can keep adding amateur clubs, schools and colleges, as we go along, we will continue to produce more players of international class, down the line.

It's a slow process, but a joy to be involved in. 

I agree and was there Wales played like heroes spoke to a couple of the players after the game nice lads.

Well done 

Paul

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I can honestly say that this weekend in Albi has been one of the real highlights of my Rugby League watching life! 

An utterly captivating city; historic and beautiful with amazing bars and restaurants (and plenty of local craft beers!). 

Meeting former South London Storm teammates who couldn't have been more welcoming: Jack and Nic from Albi and Hamesy and Hoggy from the UK. Had a quick natter with RS, and met the guy, Ken Johnson, who formed Hornsey Lambs back in the day!

O'Sully's bar is a great drinking hole, as I'm certain the Wales team can testify this morning!

I'm off to watch Albi Tigers as soon as I can! My mate, Jack, coaches their U19s, so I reckon I'll have another amazing weekend!

But for now... Ryan Air calls at gate 2.

Back to reality! 🤨

PS... Next year (a reinstated!!!!) South London Storm Masters are going over to play both Realmont and Albi. 

• Like 11

13 minutes ago, Number 16 said:

I can honestly say that this weekend in Albi has been one of the real highlights of my Rugby League watching life! 

An utterly captivating city; historic and beautiful with amazing bars and restaurants (and plenty of local craft beers!). 

Meeting former South London Storm teammates who couldn't have been more welcoming: Jack and Nic from Albi and Hamesy and Hoggy from the UK. Had a quick natter with RS, and met the guy, Ken Johnson, who formed Hornsey Lambs back in the day!

O'Sully's bar is a great drinking hole, as I'm certain the Wales team can testify this morning!

I'm off to watch Albi Tigers as soon as I can! My mate, Jack, coaches their U19s, so I reckon I'll have another amazing weekend!

But for now... Ryan Air calls at gate 2.

Back to reality! 🤨

PS... Next year (a reinstated!!!!) South London Storm Masters are going over to play both Realmont and Albi. 

Lovely post, No. 16.

But can I just check one thing - being called forward for a Ryanair flight is reality?!

I watched the last 35 minutes or so on Sportenfrance and was lucky to have no transmission problems.  It was interesting to hear how the French commentators pronounced the French players' names.  Is it too much to hope that British commentators could take the trouble to find this out; to me, it just seems plain rude to pronounce people's names incorrectly.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Futtocks said:

I had the pleasure to meet that young lady who sang the Welsh anthem. She was a credit to the occasion. She's the daughter of Hoggy (of Essex Eels fame).

The family drove down from Wales to protect her voice from possible damage from aeroplane cabin pressure.

• Like 2