Sky Commentary Team

Am I dreaming or did Barry McDermott say “Come on Hull” in the last 10 minutes of the dreadful Warrington v Hull game on Friday 24th June. I thought the commentator’s were supposed to be neutral and concentrate on being constructive. Or am I dreaming?

2 hours ago, DavidM said:

I think I was counting the number of tiles on the roof of the house over the road by then 

You have my sympathy, DM.  By the way, were there more tiles than spectators?

Of all the rubbish that emanates from the vicinity of Barrie McDermott, “come on Hull” is probably the most thought provoking, insightful, interesting and knowledgeable things to come from him. Are you sure he said it?

1 minute ago, Jughead said:

Of all the rubbish that emanates from the vicinity of Barrie McDermott, “come on Hull” is probably the most thought provoking, insightful, interesting and knowledgeable things to come from him. Are you sure he said it?

Yeh he did . I was so shocked I woke up 

• Haha 1

Everyone was just hoping something would happen. I'd cheer for Satan himself if he could coach either team into an exciting breakaway try. 

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

1 hour ago, DI Keith Fowler said:

Everyone was just hoping something would happen. I'd cheer for Satan himself if he could coach either team into an exciting breakaway try. 

You'd cheer for Satan if he could have coached Warrington to get a try?  And you're a Widnes fan?

"I'm a traditionalist and I don"t think you'd ever see me coaching an Australian national side!"  Lee Radford, RLW March 2016

Proud to be a member of the TRL woke claque

3 hours ago, latchford albion said:

You'd cheer for Satan if he could have coached Warrington to get a try?  And you're a Widnes fan?

Morally it would be the same if Satan was coaching them or not.

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

It was an odd intervention more worthy of Radio Humberside than Sky Sports. I was very happy he didn't get his wish.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

It would seem I was one of the more fortunate in that I didn't watch the game. With regard to the comment:

Was he actually cheering on Hull or was he being ironic or frustrated in that wishing Hull could be better at their attempts...

14 minutes ago, redjonn said:

It would seem I was one of the more fortunate in that I didn't watch the game. With regard to the comment:

Was he actually cheering on Hull or was he being ironic or frustrated in that wishing Hull could be better at their attempts...

Hull had a scrum on our 20 about 5-10 minutes from the end with us leading 4-0. Of course everyone was desperate for a bit of excitement but it wasn't obvious why this particular moment warranted a bit of cheerleading.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

5 minutes ago, meast said:

I think I remember the incident.

They were discussing Hull scoring late and taking it into golden point, I rather suspect it was said in a sarcastic way, although I could be wrong.

That would involve Baz doing thinking 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, DavidM said:

Maybe Tez and Bill had lapsed into a comotose state and were on the verge of falling off the gantry so he needed to shout and bring them back to compost mentis 

'compost mentis' doesn't that mean s...t for brains?

• Haha 1

On 29/06/2022 at 12:45, DavidM said:

Maybe Tez and Bill had lapsed into a comotose state and were on the verge of falling off the gantry so he needed to shout and bring them back to compost mentis 

LOL at "compost" mentis

Although given compost is a pile of rubbish gradually leading to a complete breakdown...that's actually a pretty good assessment of the standard of commentary.