Fri 15th Jul: SL: St Helens v Huddersfield Giants KO 20:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• St Helens
    • Huddersfield Giants

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 15/07/22 at 19:30

Hopefully, this should be one of the games of the season but sadly, I'll be about 8 or 9 miles away on the other side of Billinge Hill.

If the game's allowed to flow with little in the way of controversy then I fancy Hudds to give Saints a bit of a game but, in the end, Saints to pinch a tight one.

Sintellerns 18 Hudds 16.

:kolobok_sad:   Hull FC....The Sons of God....  :kolobok_sad:
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Giants to pip this by 4 to inflict a 4th league defeat of the season on the unbeatable (according to Sky) Saints which will put them in a prime position to  launch a bid not only for the Grand Final but the League leaders shield too.

I am actually quite worried about the damage we could do to people's health if we continue to do well and win games, that combined with empty seating/terracing and cowbells at games involving us will surely send some of the crowd counters over the edge, god help them if we ever have a big following that would really fry their brains 🙂

In all seriousness this is one huge game for us, one we will be up for and if Saints underestimate us even slightly we'll have them!!

over 60 tickets sold so far so the Cowbell army will be marching down Mcmanus way!!

• Haha 4

24 minutes ago, meast said:

Fartown to "shock" the greatest ever player YoungJack WelsbynotWalker and his team and to poke their head above the radar again for a little bit

Don't forget John 19yearoldBennison too

• Like 1

5 hours ago, meast said:

Fartown to "shock" the greatest ever player YoungJack WelsbynotWalker and his team and to poke their head above the radar again for a little bit

Some chips on shoulders this week.  Hudds couldn’t pick a better time to play us - following Catalans away and Wigan in Newcastle back to back in tough conditions plus a few injuries.

Should be a good game.

• Like 1

Bennison kicking for us again. Fair play to him for sticking his hand up, but he's not a natural and none of our senior players are willing to step up, so we'll probably not convert too many. That means that what already was going to be a close match will be closer still. If Huddersfield play to their best, its too close to call. If they are off their game, then I'd back a Saints win.

21 hours ago, meast said:

Welsby turning into one of those players you love to hate a bit like Sam Tomkins when he was starting out. His reaction to Bevan French when Welsby scored last week typified him.

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, daz39 said:

Giants to pip this by 4 to inflict a 4th league defeat of the season on the unbeatable (according to Sky) Saints which will put them in a prime position to  launch a bid not only for the Grand Final but the League leaders shield too.

I am actually quite worried about the damage we could do to people's health if we continue to do well and win games, that combined with empty seating/terracing and cowbells at games involving us will surely send some of the crowd counters over the edge, god help them if we ever have a big following that would really fry their brains 🙂

In all seriousness this is one huge game for us, one we will be up for and if Saints underestimate us even slightly we'll have them!!

over 60 tickets sold so far so the Cowbell army will be marching down Mcmanus way!!

Despite your hatred of Leeds I'm backing the Giants to win this game and go all the way to Old Trafford. Fartown by 10

• Like 1

I can't see a Giants win tonight tbh, maybe if we were at home, but the Saints crowd and Roby reffing the game, no chance.

I'm not sure winning this one does us much good in terms of league position other than that psychological fact of knowing we beat them, but then I'd rather they underestimated us at OT.

• Haha 2

On 13/07/2022 at 21:09, Old Frightful said:

Hopefully, this should be one of the games of the season but sadly, I'll be about 8 or 9 miles away on the other side of Billinge Hill.

If the game's allowed to flow with little in the way of controversy then I fancy Hudds to give Saints a bit of a game but, in the end, Saints to pinch a tight one.

Sintellerns 18 Hudds 16.

I'm hoping Sky don't ruin my enjoyment of this game with score updates from your side of the hill.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Oh no, no Lolo!

On the upside, Will Pryce gets a chance to shine against the champions.

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

First tackle, Satae helped off the field…and Willie Isa who was in the tackle is beckoning The rest of Hulls players to him.

Dear me.

:kolobok_sad:   Hull FC....The Sons of God....  :kolobok_sad:
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

The way the turf just peeled away when Russell was trying to sidestep the St Helens defence doesn't look promising.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Roby.  Double movement, knock on and short of the tryline

So no try then.

• Like 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

1 minute ago, Waynebennettswinger said:

Well even as a Saints fan it didn’t look any more or less clear than the one Regan Grace was awarded against Leeds 😂

Yep. Pretty similar. I think Roby’s was more of a try than Grace’s.

• Like 1