Sat 23rd July : SL : Toulouse Olympique v Salford Red Devils KO. : 20:00 (LOCAL) 19:00 (UK)

Who will win?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Toulouse Olympique
    • Salford Red Devils

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

As long as there are no 11th hour pull outs or cry offs 18 is ample with one to spare.

Now go on tell me who you really want to win, from your history of comment's I would say you wouldn't mind a T.O. victory as long as it didn't affect Salford in the long run, which I think there is little chance of Salford being in any bother, as the season as gone on they are getting more used to Paul Rowley's methods, a coach who I would say is the best offensive coach in the league, albeit his defensive strategies are somewhat to be desired.

As you know I hate P&R and want no one to go down. I would love T O to be in SL next year but can't ever support anyone against SRD.

It is a psychological problem for me but ......

• Haha 1

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

14 minutes ago, Scubby said:

It's close to a first choice team for Salford.

Hardly. Vuniyiyawa, Sarginson, Livett, Wright, Dupree and Luckley would all be in my first choice 17. That’s pretty much our full first choice pack out.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, johnh1 said:

Hardly. Vuniyiyawa, Sarginson, Livett, Wright, Dupree and Luckley would all be in my first choice 17. That’s pretty much our full first choice pack out.

Squad numbers 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,9,10,13,14,16 in that 18-man squad so pretty strong IMO. Sarginson should be nowhere near the team.  King and Livett I'll give you.

4 hours ago, Scubby said:

It's close to a first choice team for Salford.

No it really isn't fella. Not sure who you support but I'd leave it to the likes of Johnh1 and myself who watch Salford week in, week out to give you the inside scoop on who our best players are.😁👍

Can't always rely on squad numbers these days either to determine a club's strongest 17.

With the amount of injuries we've had this year a lot of this 18 will be running on empty as we've not been able to rotate as much as we'd like, especially in the pack. Having said that I hope/think we'll be too strong for Toulouse, despite the home/weather advantage they've got.

Either way, I'm looking forward to my first (yet brief!) trip to the Stade Ernest-Wallon despite the trains, planes & automobiles route required to get there!😁

• Like 4

11 hours ago, SalfordSlim said:

Can't always rely on squad numbers these days either to determine a club's strongest 17.

Exactly. I've not met many fellow fans who would have our number 8 Akauola in the 17. 

Vuniyayawa, Dupree and Luckley are 3 of our 4 best props. Livett undoubtedly starts and Wright (on the little we've seen this year due to injury) would also make the 17.

Granted, we are lucky to have all our main backs (bar Sarginson whose loss hasn't really been felt with the form of Deon Cross) fit and this is where our strength has been but that does not mean we are full strength.

I do think it's a strong enough side to get over the line on Saturday but we will need bodies back quickly with our post-Toulouse run of fixtures.

• Like 1

Argue all you like whether this is the first team or not, modern RL is a squad game and playing the same 17 every game won't succeed. It is pushing it.

If we take a moment, praise should go to SRD's fitness/rehab team for making the current team the strongest in terms of resilience, endurance and fitness for some time.

Also whilst the club continues to be denied an Academy by the RFL, praise also should go to the club for bringing Luckley, Cross, Dupree and even Brierley up to SL standard from the Championship. 

As for this. The Reds played as well last Sunday as they have done for years.

Apparently it will be sunny and 30C on Saturday. So chilly compared to last Sunday then!

SRD have 8 games to go and as I always say the aim has to be ten wins to avoid relegation.

I think we have to be targeting this one.

Therefore it should go all "Salfordesy" and they will get tanked.🙃🇫🇷

SalfordSlim

Lucky you. Irrespective of the result, you will find Toulouse a remarkable place. 

Edited by idrewthehaggis

20 hours ago, Oxford said:

No there'd just be a different set of fans feeling miserable, dejected and panic stricken but thanks for asking!

" feelings , nothing more than feelings " 

Emotion , to feel it is why we go to watch sport , it's why we ' adopt ' our local club , who quite often we know aren't the best , who most likely won't be winning things every year , who might lose their position , but they are ' ours ' , the belong to us and our fellow fans , many who become life long friends , because we feel the emotions good and bad together , the shared emotion makes it stronger , a shared high and a shared low , a legal drug 

Bloody brilliant , the joy , the relief , the despair , the hope , the belief 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, idrewthehaggis said:

Argue all you like whether this is the first team or not, modern RL is a squad game and playing the same 17 every game won't succeed. It is pushing it.

I'm a bit concerned now you've mentioned that as this will be the 3rd game with the same 17 for TO....except Guy missing for this game

13 hours ago, SalfordSlim said:

No it really isn't fella. Not sure who you support but I'd leave it to the likes of Johnh1 and myself who watch Salford week in, week out to give you the inside scoop on who our best players are.😁👍

With the amount of injuries we've had this year a lot of this 18 will be running on empty as we've not been able to rotate as much as we'd like, especially in the pack. Having said that I hope/think we'll be too strong for Toulouse, despite the home/weather advantage they've got.

Either way, I'm looking forward to my first (yet brief!) trip to the Stade Ernest-Wallon despite the trains, planes & automobiles route required to get there!😁

Have a good trip Salford Slim. Won't be there for this one, but will be at Stade Gilbert Brutus in a month's time.

22 hours ago, clogdance said:

What a surprise....:)

I don't think Rowley has any love for Toulouse - I remember him ranting about how Toronto had been badly treated over there - so I can't see any favours being given.

• Like 1

"I'm a traditionalist and I don"t think you'd ever see me coaching an Australian national side!"  Lee Radford, RLW March 2016

Proud to be a member of the TRL woke claque

On 21/07/2022 at 10:52, Harry Stottle said:

This week would love a Salford win, Wire to lose to HKR, and Wakey to beat Saints, that would get things really interesting.

Wakey will bt Saints ive put a tenner on Wakey at 5/1. My betting is abysmal though. I put a bet on Charnley at the start of the season to be SL top try scorer, to go along with Leeds to win the CC and Wire the GF. 

7 hours ago, Josef K said:

Wakey will bt Saints ive put a tenner on Wakey at 5/1. My betting is abysmal though. I put a bet on Charnley at the start of the season to be SL top try scorer, to go along with Leeds to win the CC and Wire the GF. 

So it's a Saints victory at Belle Vue then?

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

" feelings , nothing more than feelings " 

Emotion , to feel it is why we go to watch sport , it's why we ' adopt ' our local club , who quite often we know aren't the best , who most likely won't be winning things every year , who might lose their position , but they are ' ours ' , the belong to us and our fellow fans , many who become life long friends , because we feel the emotions good and bad together , the shared emotion makes it stronger , a shared high and a shared low , a legal drug 

Bloody brilliant , the joy , the relief , the despair , the hope , the belief 

Exactly this, nothing more nothing less.

I love the nitpicking about the squads teams are sending to Toulouse because they've started to pick up some wins. Teams very rarely have full strength squads at this stage of the season with injuries and suspensions. The same posters wouldn't give a damn if the same squad was playing a different team the week after.

• Like 9

17 minutes ago, Damien said:

I love the nitpicking about the squads teams are sending to Toulouse because they've started to pick up some wins. Teams very rarely have full strength squads at this stage of the season with injuries and suspensions. The same posters wouldn't give a damn if the same squad was playing a different team the week after.

Yeah,I can’t see there being an avalanche of complaints if Wakefield pull off a win against a depleted side,there is still certain posters banging on about London’s wins against Saints a few years back.

2 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Yeah,I can’t see there being an avalanche of complaints if Wakefield pull off a win against a depleted side,there is still certain posters banging on about London’s wins against Saints a few years back.

It's a bloody good depleted side that Saints are still able to put out Dav, they are in a fortunate position having so many players unavailable they can still field such a squad.