Derek Beaumont: Leigh will win SL or Challenge Cup in 3-5 years

8 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Looks like you could be visiting Fev again in the semi, confident of a repeat?

The coach will have to make sure Hooley gets in enough games to qualify for Batley in the play-offs.

The opportunity of promotion is a nice thought but for the sake of the club I think the top end of the Championship is our ceiling, although you want to win every game you compete in, so it's a bit of a double edged sword.  If we do make it to the semi, then I'd be happy with a competitive fixture between two great teams, whoever that may be.

• Like 1

On 04/10/2022 at 18:20, PREPOSTEROUS said:

Great he's got the ambition but the reality will much harder. Leigh have had three goes already, spent big a few years back then crashed and burned. If they are a regular in SL in five years time pushing top six they will have done well.

As your opinion changed Preposterous?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

Tough for you in semi, saints have a 9 day turnaround Leigh have a 6 day , both Wigan and HKR play Friday.

I'm sure they will be fine. Will be interesting if Leigh rest some v Salford but I cannot see it.

Hoping Saints and Catalans knock ten bells out of each other.

Cant wait for a week Sat. Going to stroll into Town via Stockton Heath and give our all with 7000 daft Leythers in what will be an electric atmosphere. We owe them one from 87 and the pressure is well and truly on them !!

6 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Whoops.

Wow Capt Hindsight are you really trawling through an old 11 page topic quoting everyone who thought Leigh wouldn’t be in contention for silverware this year,you really need to get out more old lad.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Wow Capt Hindsight are you really trawling through an old 11 page topic quoting everyone who thought Leigh wouldn’t be in contention for silverware this year,you really need to get out more old lad.

Come on they have been wrote off and ridiculed, so they deserve to give some back. 

• Like 6

On 07/10/2022 at 08:13, ATLANTISMAN said:

Lets focus on the fact that DB has bankrolled Leigh and put his money where his mouth is and not his bad dress sense:)

P

PS/Im a polo shirt man myself never liked Versace that's more for the wife:)

What bad dress sense Paul? 

He is now quite the 'Dapper' of SL, in his animal prints😟

7 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

It is what it is Elbow, both teams are playing 80mins on the day.

I wouldn't be happy surely you could have played Friday it's not a tv game.

24 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Yes Dav I have enjoyed reading it back, and I didn't quote everyone I have only quoted 2 people I have left you out when so easily I could have quoted you - you should really look back before making assumptions, as for getting out have you no work to go to?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Yes Dav I have enjoyed reading it back, and I didn't quote everyone I have only quoted 2 people I have left you out when so easily I could have quoted you - you should really look back before making assumptions, as for getting out have you no work to go to?

Feel free if that’s what floats your boat,on well earned rest days & trying to book next years vacations 👍

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, LINNERS said:

The opportunity of promotion is a nice thought but for the sake of the club I think the top end of the Championship is our ceiling, although you want to win every game you compete in, so it's a bit of a double edged sword.  If we do make it to the semi, then I'd be happy with a competitive fixture between two great teams, whoever that may be.

Gutted that we didn't visit the Mount on Sunday , when I looked at the fixtures back in march I didn't realise we had 4 away on the bounce and hadn't factored in a Cup semi , might have another look once the Cup final ( hopefully ) is out of the way , Leopards like visiting Batley 👍😉

2 hours ago, Snowys Backside said:

I'm sure they will be fine. Will be interesting if Leigh rest some v Salford but I cannot see it.

Hoping Saints and Catalans knock ten bells out of each other.

Cant wait for a week Sat. Going to stroll into Town via Stockton Heath and give our all with 7000 daft Leythers in what will be an electric atmosphere. We owe them one from 87 and the pressure is well and truly on them !!

Leigh are favourites for me. 

3 hours ago, phiggins said:

On the flip side, they are both quite big ifs, and whoever is sitting top of the table on Sunday isn't particularly relevant.

But, will just enjoy this season for what it is, achieving massively more than I expected it to. Will see where we end up. Hopefully we can avoid any injuries that harm our chances.

Hopefully the Dragons ( not supposed to call them the ' cats ' anymore 😉 ) beat Saints in a brutal battle , loads of yellows and reds 😉 , I'm in no rush to be top , more interested in seeing our neighbours as far under us as possible , we can catch the French last game for me 👍😂

23 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Gutted that we didn't visit the Mount on Sunday , when I looked at the fixtures back in march I didn't realise we had 4 away on the bounce and hadn't factored in a Cup semi , might have another look once the Cup final ( hopefully ) is out of the way , Leopards like visiting Batley 👍😉

Evident by the hordes of fans you always bring over. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
33 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

When you make statements such as Derek as done you have to be able to back them up, and he has done just that.

Yep. Winners are grinners. As if he cares what people on an internet messageboard are saying.

• Like 4