RLWC Positivity Thread

1 minute ago, Eddie said:

Probably. 

You'd have to go back a fair few years to find a 3-match series where the London game was not the best attended, I would've thought.  Both the RFL and the NZRL can use the couple of million quid gate receipts that a game in London can generate.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Tosh said:

2015 NZ tour of England saw the best attended test in London with 44,393 followed by  24,741 in wigan and 23,562 in hull.

YES and it will be the same next year the best attendance will be in London, cant wait the wife reckons she can do as many as 1000 corporates (She already has done 700 for the RLWC Final:) and 90% are from London and the South:)

P

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

YES and it will be the same next year the best attendance will be in London, cant wait the wife reckons she can do as many as 1000 corporates (She already has done 700 for the RLWC Final:) and 90% are from London and the South:)

P

I don’t doubt that for a second 👍

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Northern Eel said:

Good man. Thought about wearing mine too, but am currently opting for the old John Smiths England shirt. No doubt I will change my mind before then, again!

It is this seasons away shirt, and am hoping some of our success this season in that shirt will rub off on England. The excitement of international RL is just the best.

• Like 3

Boys back from school just now and our 13 year old has just opened the package containing the New England shirt:)

Very happy bunny will wear it with pride in the pub over the weekend:)

I am off to France v Greece on Monday in Doncaster cant wait:)

Looking forward to seeing Terry their manager for the first time in around 20 years:)

Paul

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, distantdog said:

It is this seasons away shirt, and am hoping some of our success this season in that shirt will rub off on England. The excitement of international RL is just the best.

bloody hell - you're even making me feel all exited and positive 

• Haha 1

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

12 minutes ago, Northern Eel said:

Shaping up to be an incredible opening to the competition...

I am tingling just thinking about Saturday! 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/63229377

If there's one way to make me shed some tears this weekend it's Rob opening the whole tournament, it's gonna be bloody emotional that. God! I'm so excited for this tournament! 3 more shifts at work before it all starts! C'mon England! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

If there's one way to make me shed some tears this weekend it's Rob opening the whole tournament, it's gonna be bloody emotional that. God! I'm so excited for this tournament! 3 more shifts at work before it all starts! C'mon England! 

I just sense, with everything going on around Newcastle on the Quayside, and the pre-match stuff, alongside what will be a big International crowd and the prospect of a humdinger of a match, it could well be one of the most memorable international events for some time. I really hope it is, and that England bring home the bacon in the process.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Northern Eel said:

I really hope it is, and that England bring home the bacon in the process.

I would rather them win the world cup than take a pack of Danish smoked  streaky back home as a consilation prize - although having said that mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm BACON

Buckfast Bacon (onlinebutcher.co.uk)

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

9 minutes ago, Northern Eel said:

I just sense, with everything going on around Newcastle on the Quayside, and the pre-match stuff, alongside what will be a big International crowd and the prospect of a humdinger of a match, it could well be one of the most memorable international events for some time. I really hope it is, and that England bring home the bacon in the process.

No Simmo and Wagga either!!!

• Like 1

Tickets printed, England polo shirt arrived yesterday.

Plan is Quayside before the game then walk up to St James Park and take my place at the back of The Gallowgate in block T. Genuinely can't wait for Saturday and hope it creates a new standard for big events in rugby league. 

• Like 5

Got to say the excitement levels are really rising around my house as well. Very hard to not get caught up in the hype and excitement on here. Have signed up to Kayo for the tournament and am going to be an absolute zombie at work on Sunday morning. But if it`s as good as everything seems will be floating on cloud nine all day.

One thing I`m particularly looking forward to is them carrying out the Paul Barriere Trophy into the stadium. I`m sincerely hoping French Rugby League can be what the Pacific Islands and New Zealand are to us.

• Like 7

18 hours ago, Tosh said:

Great news about the kiwis test series.

Not so much about the combined exiled allstars nonsense.

Any opposition for England is better than nothing.

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.